• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judaisms Core

GoodAttention

That is an interesting claim. Are Psalms not accepted in Judaism?

Why do the nations rage, And the peoples plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth take a stand, And the rulers take counsel together, Against Yahweh, and against his anointed,{The word "anointed" is the same as the word for "Messiah" or "Christ"} saying, "Let's break their bonds apart, And cast away their cords from us." He who sits in the heavens will laugh. The Lord will have them in derision. Then he will speak to them in his anger, And terrify them in his wrath: "Yet I have set my king on my holy hill of Zion." I will tell of the decree. Yahweh said to me, "You are my son. Today I have become your father. Ask of me, and I will give the nations for your inheritance, The uttermost parts of the earth for your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron. You shall dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel." Now therefore be wise, you kings. Be instructed, you judges of the earth. Serve Yahweh with fear, And rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, For his wrath will soon be kindled. Blessed are all those who take refuge in him.
Ps. 2:1-12
Tehillim are accepted in the Hebrew form, and not the Koine Greek, Latin, modern Greek, English, King James English, American English, French, Italian, German, Polish, Russian, or any other translated "Psalms" or interpretation available.

Ebionite

I find it odd that the core of Judaism still seems to revolve around the rejection of Christ.
AFAIK what they reject is the Christian interpretation of the life of the man called Jesus. Balaam's vision (Numbers 24:7) is consistent with Michael Molnar's solution for the start of Bethlehem, though.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
AFAIK what they reject is the Christian interpretation of the life of the man called Jesus. Balaam's vision (Numbers 24:7) is consistent with Michael Molnar's solution for the start of Bethlehem, though.
From what I’ve learned here they don’t give Jesus a thought.

InChrist

Free4ever
I find it odd that the core of Judaism still seems to revolve around the rejection of Christ. Why do they give Jesus all that power? Why don’t they just go about their business and worship their God? I don’t believe in Buddha, but the rejection of him isn’t the center of my beliefs. Hmm… is there something deeper? Makes me wonder…
I don’t think that assessment of Judaism is accurate. Jews may reject or even ignore Christ, but it certainly doesn’t appear the core of Judaism revolves around the rejection of Christ. That doesn’t make sense to me.

Ehav4Ever

There is a saying that there is nothing new under the sun. Because this discussion has taken place before, here is a thread that covers all of the critical points.

Tehillim are accepted in the Hebrew form, and not the Koine Greek, Latin, modern Greek, English, King James English, American English, French, Italian, German, Polish, Russian, or any other translated "Psalms" or interpretation available.
Please tell, what is the difference in this case between English and Hebrew version?

Ehav4Ever

Please tell, what is the difference in this case between English and Hebrew version?
Here is a list of the differences:
  1. The Hebrew doesn't include captial and lower case. I.e. the word (משיח) does have a form of capitilization with it in any form. Thus, one can't come up Messiah vs messiah.
  2. The word used in (משיחו) doesn't mean "his messiah" it just means someone who has been a) appointed for something or b) somone who has had oil poured on them as a part of a political appointment.
  3. There is nothing in the Hebrew below that denotes that specifically what is being talked about is a Davidic king.
    • It is only by way of a commentary that one can come to the conclusion that this (משיח) is specifically connected to the Davidic kingship. For example, Jewish commentators Rashi and Ibn Ezra explain that Tehillim (Psalm) 2 was written by one of the one the members of King David's court about David when David was appointed / annointed as king or b) about the future Davidic king.
    • The idea this is talking about Jesus is a "new testament / Christian" commentary idea.
    • There is nothing in the Hebrew that points to a prophecy specific about a Davidic king.
  4. The text uses the terms (גויים) and (אולמים) to note the reaction of the nations / peoples against Hashem and his apppointed one. It also makes the statement of (יתיצבו, מלכי-ארץ) which denotes kings in the same land where this appointed one / annointed one is found gathering together against said appointed Israeli leader.
    • Rashi states that Tehillim 2 is referencing what is stated in Shmuel 2 (Samuel) chapter 1 concerning the reaction of the Pelishtim (Philliestines) when David became king. The text is what Rashi states in Hebrew is shown below.
  5. 1720425672450.png
I hope that helps.

Ebionite

There is a saying that there is nothing new under the sun. Because this discussion has taken place before, here is a thread that covers all of the critical points.
Does it cover the point of difference between Israel the servant and the righteous servant of Isaiah 53 and Psalm 35?

Ehav4Ever

Does it cover the point of difference between Israel the servant and the righteous servant of Isaiah 53 and Psalm 35?
That thread doesn't but there are other threads where information about what the Hebrew texts states has been discussed.

The following will help with that part. It may have been posted before some of the similar threads, but I don't remember.

A while back I did a video about what the Hebrew text states concerning Yeshayahu, or what is called in English Isaiah. See below.

Concerning Tehilim (Psalm) 35, there is also no connection to the Christian concept in the Hebrew text.

Last edited:

Ehav4Ever

This thread may also help.

Ebionite

With the difference in how Jews approach the Hebrew texts of Yeshayahu that may have been lacking in the thread I provided.
So the video doesn't have anything that specifically addresses the point of difference between Israel the servant and the righteous servant of Isaiah 53 and Psalm 35, right?