• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judgment Day May 21st 2011

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I just hope nobody does anything sad (suicide from the resulting depression from failure, or zealous partying, misguided actions 'knowing' it was coming, or a few other things) As it stands now, its like being a nutty dedicated fan of a team. It really hurts when you lose, but you'll get over it. Everyone deserves some compassion. Perhaps Camping indeed has a mental disorder.

diosangpastol

Dios - ang - Pastol
Dear Friends,

The guy who's promoting this kind of eschatological fallacy is Harold Camping. He is a former member of the Christian Reformed Church until he decided to leave in 1988 to join Alameda Bible Fellowship. Mr. Camping (89 y/o) is the president of Family Stations, Inc. which is aired all over the world. In fact, he falsely prophesied the end of the world in September 1994. Surprisingly, he went again into prophesy by predicting the date of Rapture on May 21, 2011 and end of the world on October 21, 2011. I am very much sure like the Jehovah's Witness Governing Body who experience a failed prophecy on Armageddon last 2000, they will surely prepare a written explanation to rationalize their prophecy that did not materialize. Well. let's just wait how Harold Camping and his members will react on this failed prophecy.

For more information about Harold Camping and the Family Radio please read Dr. James White's article titled Harold Camping: Heretical Attacker of Christ's People.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Dear Friends,

The guy who's promoting this kind of eschatological fallacy is Harold Camping. He is a former member of the Christian Reformed Church until he decided to leave in 1988 to join Alameda Bible Fellowship. Mr. Camping (89 y/o) is the president of Family Stations, Inc. which is aired all over the world. In fact, he falsely prophesied the end of the world in September 1994. Surprisingly, he went again into prophesy by predicting the date of Rapture on May 21, 2011 and end of the world on October 21, 2011. I am very much sure like the Jehovah's Witness Governing Body who experience a failed prophecy on Armageddon last 2000, they will surely prepare a written explanation to rationalize their prophecy that did not materialize. Well. let's just wait how Harold Camping and his members will react on this failed prophecy.

For more information about Harold Camping and the Family Radio please read Dr. James White's article titled Harold Camping: Heretical Attacker of Christ's People.
Old news.
At least they aren't preaching some angel in the "far east":rolleyes:, is the prophet who speaks the truth.

CommonSense

Well, what makes me feel we are in the end times, is the ability for news to spread around the world almost instantly, as when the bible speaks of the two witnesses' death (that was never possible before); We are starting to see every nation turn against Israel; The entire event where Gaza was raided and half was taken over actually happened recently, as the bible discusses. Every day there is a new war, or rumor of war. The world is about to reach an economic crisis as the dollar nears hyperinflation, as the bible discusses food costing a days wage. There are several things that point to the end times.

And the thief in the night thing is preached incorrectly by churches. If you read it in context, it says he will come like a thief in the night for those who aren't watching and essentially don't care; and it says, but as for those who keep watch, they will know the season.

*A thief doesn't come unknowingly to take what's his. He takes what's not his. In the bible, if you actually read it, it says the tares (weeds) will be taken first; then the wheat.

Also just look at how actual Christians are being persecuted. You say Jesus is the only way and even "christians" will say you're an extremist! People in America are so "new thought"...I mean "politically correct", that they say you are not tolerant enough if you stand up for your moral values. In Australia, a Jesus bumper sticker puts you straight in jail, it's just ridiculous. There's so many things. The natural disasters in the weirdest- non-scientifically usual places. Just a lot of things.

But yeah, for a Christian to even think it can happen yet, they simply don't read their own Bible. There are many things that still need to happen. Now if you see a system set up that requires the scan of the hand or head to get an ID card (Biometric section of National ID act that congress voted down in 05, and 07) and that ID card has to be used to make purchases or anything like that, than you may not want to do that. Which the N.ID act also stated you essentially wouldn't be a citizen if you didn't get this card; can't drive, make transactions at any federal building, etc. That's real. You can read the bill itself in your free time, just do some searching. But luckily, it hasn't passed the Congress after like 5 tries. Still important to look at these things; despite how crazy they sound, they actually exist.

Last edited:

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Well, what makes me feel we are in the end times, is the ability for news to spread around the world almost instantly, as when the bible speaks of the two witnesses' death (that was never possible before); We are starting to see every nation turn against Israel; The entire event where Gaza was raided and half was taken over actually happened recently, as the bible discusses. Every day there is a new war, or rumor of war. The world is about to reach an economic crisis as the dollar nears hyperinflation, as the bible discusses food costing a days wage. There are several things that point to the end times.
Oh please. There are wars that pop up for no new reason except to rehash. You think Israel has been "peaceful" for the last 1000 years? And as long as the US and England are on Israel's side, it will survive just fine.

And the thief in the night thing is preached incorrectly by churches. If you read it in context, it says he will come like a thief in the night for those who aren't watching and essentially don't care; and it says, but as for those who keep watch, they will know the season.

*A thief doesn't come unknowingly to take what's his. He takes what's not his. In the bible, if you actually read it, it says the tares (weeds) will be taken first; then the wheat.
Lol, thieves come unknowingly ever day.......if they didn't they they would be apprehended before committing a crime.:rolleyes:

Also just look at how actual Christians are being persecuted. You say Jesus is the only way and even "christians" will say you're an extremist! People in America are so "new thought"...I mean "politically correct", that they say you are not tolerant enough if you stand up for your moral values. In Australia, a Jesus bumper sticker puts you straight in jail, it's just ridiculous. There's so many things. The natural disasters in the weirdest- non-scientifically usual places. Just a lot of things.
Again please. The muslims are much more persecuted than christians in the world.

But yeah, for a Christian to even think it can happen yet, they simply don't read their own Bible. There are many things that still need to happen. Now if you see a system set up that requires the scan of the hand or head to get an ID card (Biometric section of National ID act that congress voted down in 05, and 07) and that ID card has to be used to make purchases or anything like that, than you may not want to do that. Which the N.ID act also stated you essentially wouldn't be a citizen if you didn't get this card; can't drive, make transactions at any federal building, etc. That's real. You can read the bill itself in your free time, just do some searching. But luckily, it hasn't passed the Congress after like 5 tries. Still important to look at these things; despite how crazy they sound, they actually exist.
More speculation of what the bible speaks.
The christians who think Camping was a fool, really aren't any different if they think some savior is returning. The same book that Camping made predictions from is the same book christians use to do the same for their own denomination. Hilarious.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Um....hate to be a killjoy....but tonights news is pointing out that this is Harolds >second< crack at predicting the end of the world...the first was earmarked for 1994.

Yes, I know, that is why I think he will just roll with it again.

So i'm kinda wondering why so much attention is being paid to a prophet who so far has a 100% failure rate?:shrug:

$100-million worldwide advertising campaign.

I have yet to see a prophet with a 100% success rate.

adi2d

Well the rapture came and went. I guess there weren't that many "real" christians out there. The streets are still crowded and I've only seen a few pictures of clothes "left behind".
Good luck on checking your math again harrold

BruceDLimber

[W]ill there be another day of rapture you will be counting down until? Because from where I sit, all of these "judgment days" and "days of rapture" that people have been waiting for have. never. happened.

For the record, the Baha'i scriptures define Judgement Day as the time when a new Divine Messenger is on earth, and everyone has the choice of accepting Him or not (and thus implicitly judging him- or herself).

And as to the "rapture," not only does the word never exist in the Bible, but it's a doctrine cooked up based on a single Bible verse that may well be referring to something entirely different!

Its further details--inconsistent, conflicting doctrines each advocated by a different subgroup, amount to PURE SUPERSTITION without even the "support" of the exeedingly thin doctrinal basis of the original interpretation.

Simple as that.

Peace, :)

Bruce

CommonSense

Oh please. There are wars that pop up for no new reason except to rehash. You think Israel has been "peaceful" for the last 1000 years? And as long as the US and England are on Israel's side, it will survive just fine.

Lol, thieves come unknowingly ever day.......if they didn't they they would be apprehended before committing a crime.:rolleyes:

Again please. The muslims are much more persecuted than christians in the world.

More speculation of what the bible speaks.
The christians who think Camping was a fool, really aren't any different if they think some savior is returning. The same book that Camping made predictions from is the same book christians use to do the same for their own denomination. Hilarious.

Just re-read what you said...I don't think I need to say more than that. Haha. I swear, people are a little lacking in the mind area these days...

For the record, the Baha'i scriptures define Judgement Day as the time when a new Divine Messenger is on earth, and everyone has the choice of accepting Him or not (and thus implicitly judging him- or herself).

And as to the "rapture," not only does the word never exist in the Bible, but it's a doctrine cooked up based on a single Bible verse that may well be referring to something entirely different!

Its further details--inconsistent, conflicting doctrines each advocated by a different subgroup, amount to PURE SUPERSTITION without even the "support" of the exeedingly thin doctrinal basis of the original interpretation.

Simple as that.

Peace, :)

Bruce

It wasn't really a serious question.

FlyingTeaPot

Irrational Rationalist. Educated Fool.
What? Where am I? What is this magical place? Are those angels with harps singing softly in my ear? Oh no, wait a minute! I'm in a ****** motel 6 again. Maybe I was sent to hell instead :(

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
A mother sliced the throats of her two daughters with a boxcutter and then slit her own, fearful for the rapture. A man committed suicide in Nairobi. Families are torn by parents who gave everything to Camping.

This man should be thrown in jail. I'm glad this idiocy got the publicity it deserved so that less people will give their money and kill their children and themselves out of fearful superstitions next time someone decides they'd like to make millions off being a profit...sorry, "prophet".

youfaith

Really it was a publicity stunt for one man's following. Enough media bit on the story to make the stunt a success.