• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

lady gaga is an abomination

sky dancer

Gaga held a concert of The Monster Ball Tour following the 2010 Haiti earthquake and dedicated it to the country's reconstruction relief fund. This concert, held at the Radio City Music Hall, New York, on January 24, 2010, donated any received revenue to the relief fund while, in addition, all profits from sales of products on Gaga's official online store on that same day were donated. Gaga announced that an estimated total of $500,000 was collected for the fund. Hours after the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami hit Japan on March 11, 2011, Gaga tweeted a message and a link to Japan Prayer Bracelets. With the company, she designed a bracelet, of which, all of the money generated went to Japanese relief efforts. The bracelets raised $1.5 million (as of March 29, 2011). Performing at MTV Japan's charity show on June 25, 2011 in Makuhari Messe, Gaga will appear for the benefit of the Japan Red Cross which aids victims suffering in the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami.
Gaga also contributes in the fight against HIV and AIDS with the focus upon educating young women about the risks of the disease. In collaboration with Cyndi Lauper, Gaga joined forces with MAC Cosmetics to launch a line of lipstick under their supplementary cosmetic line, Viva Glam. Titled Viva Glam Gaga and Viva Glam Cyndi for each contributor respectively, all net proceeds of the lipstick line were donated to the cosmetic company's campaign to prevent HIV and AIDS worldwide. In a press release, Gaga declared, "I don't want Viva Glam to be just a lipstick you buy to help a cause. I want it to be a reminder when you go out at night to put a condom in your purse right next to your lipstick."
With the performance of a new bilingual song called "Americano" on her upcoming album, Gaga jumped into the debate surrounding SB 1070, Arizona's immigration law. She premiered the tune for the first time on the Guadalajara, Mexico stop of her Monster Ball tour telling the local press that she could not “stand by many of the unjust immigration laws" in the United States.
Lady Gaga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What bugs you the most? That she is successful? Or that she champions causes you don't care about?

Rakhel

You know, my mother actually thought Ozzy Osbourne was singing Occultist music because of the rumor that he bit the heads of animals during his concerts.
And there are others that some wouldn't let their kids listen to because of some silly thing about playing their records backwards. I think Kiss was one of them.

blackout

Violet.
You know, my mother actually thought Ozzy Osbourne was singing Occultist music because of the rumor that he bit the heads of animals during his concerts.
And there are others that some wouldn't let their kids listen to because of some silly thing about playing their records backwards. I think Kiss was one of them.

Well, yes... and not to mention
that Occultism is completely misunderstood to begin with...

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am so old that I don't know who Lady Gaga is, I am about 15 years behind the times when it comes to pop music. I have only just heard of The Spice Girls.

And have you heard the latest by the Backstreet Boys? I just love them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch In Living Color.

blackout

Violet.
To many of us, occultism is just another variety of religion.....no offense intended to occultists.

A healthy fear of religion in general is not a bad thing.

Hyper fear over some non existent EVIL, though,
is just ignorant superstition,
with no basis. (beyond cultural taboo)
It usually results in witch hunts,
and loss of personal freedoms,
beginning with freedom of speech and self expression.

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I wouldn't go so far as to call Lady Gaga an abomination, but that meat dress was just plain gross.

She's channeling Madonna. Which reminds me of something funny one of my son's friends said a couple of years ago. We were talking about music artists and I said something about Madonna's charity work, and he looked at me with his eyes wide and said (completely seriously), "What - Madonna isn't dead yet?"

Ah the perspective of youth - where everyone over age 40 is ancient and on the verge of death...

Sultan Of Swing

Ozzy Osbourne did in fact bite off the head of a dove he was supposed to be releasing to symbolise peace.

You can interpret that in whatever way you want, but it still happened.

blackout

Violet.
Yup, he did that too.

The dove one was a publicity stunt, and was certainly not accidental.

Whether he did or didn't I really don't know,
(and yes, it's a truly GROSS show stunt)
however,
I have seen what they do
to the neatly packaged animals
we all eat on a daily basis.
It's a real life, mass scale cruelty to animals.
It also, is truly Grotesque.

It's always so easy to "demonize" the "other guy".

That said,
I also am not defending Ozzie,
if he did do such a thing.
It's gross, cruel, crude and completely unnecessary.

What it is NOT, however,
is an example of "Occultism".

It is an example of barbarism.

Last edited:
Do I think that Lady Gaga goes over the line sometimes with her purposeful attempts at shocking people? Sure. Do I think she's an ambomination? Of course not. All of the charities that she's worked for, and all of the social justice issues that she has worked for is enough for me to like her.

I do completely agree that she is channeling Madonna, and being a Madonna fan from childhood, I'm not okay with that. :p

blackout

Violet.
She is shock-pop.

Threads like this are like free advertising for her.

Which I'm guessing means you didn't bother to look over the rest of the thread Penumbra?

If these threads are "free advertising" for her,
does this, in your mind, mean we shouldn't talk about her?
There is absolutely nothing of interest or worth to say about her but
"shock-pop"?
She IS "shock-pop", and no'thing else?

If this counts as free advertizing,
in comparison,
she has given "free" back
a gazzillion fold.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Which I'm guessing means you didn't bother to look over the rest of the thread Penumbra?
Actually I read every post in this thread.
If these threads are "free advertising" for her,
does this, in your mind, mean we shouldn't talk about her?
There is absolutely nothing of interest or worth to say about her but
"shock-pop"?
She IS "shock-pop", and no'thing else?

If this counts as free advertizing,
in comparison,
she has given "free" back
a gazzillion fold.
No, I'm not saying we shouldn't talk about her or that "she is shock pop and nothing else". I have no issues with her at all.

The OP, however, has issues with her, and I'm pointing out that it's through people like him that a shock-rocker or a shock-popper grows exponential fame.