• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS letter on same-sex marriage

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
LG parents are forcing kids away from a mom or a dad. telling them "you don't need a mom" or "you don't need a dad"[\quote]

And this, children, is a perfect example of what we call "paranoia."

Yes, some things are fair. Better to support what is fair than what is not.
Would you support something that is not fair?[\quote]

Name me one thing, therefore, that is fair.

A strange thing happens to you when you become a parent. Stories on the news upset you more, it does not matter whose kid it is... there is some kind of fierce protective thing - like a mother bear for her cub or something - only as a parent do you understand what it means to be responsible for another human life, you understand how fragile kids are... your GF may have short hair, but how about your daughter? what if she wants long hair? You will have tolearn how to braid etc... [\quote]

I meant that I have long hair, down to my shoulders, as does my GF. If my daughter wanted to have long hair, short hair, or no hair at all, that's her choice, not mine.

actually, boys and girls behave very differently - many studies on this too, and it comes out very early, before they talk.

are you familiar with this sad story?
NASSPE: Research > David Reimer: the boy who was raised as a girl
tried to raise a little boy as a girl... turned this little baby boy into a girl, ... so sad
The truth turned out to be very nearly the opposite of what Dr. Money had reported. Far from an effortless transformation from male to female, Brenda/Bruce had fought the assignment to the female gender -- even though "she" had not been informed of the truth of "her" sexual identity. As a small child, "Brenda" tore off the frilly dresses her mother made. She insisted on rolling in the mud with the other boys. She stomped on the dolls that relatives gave as presents.

As far as I knew, Brenda was a girl -- physically. But from everything that she did and said, she indicated that she didn't want to be a girl. .... I myself was a tomboy, but I never wanted to be a boy. Brenda did.

She walked like a guy. Sat with her legs apart. She talked about guy things, didn't give a crap about cleaning house, getting married, wearing makeup. We both wanted to play with guys, build forts and have snowball fights and play army. She'd get a skipping rope for a gift, and the only thing we'd use that for was to tie people up, whip people with it. She played with my toys: Tinkertoys, dump trucks. This toy sewing machine she got just sat.

again, boys and girls are different, moms and dads are different... they messed this poor kid up so bad.

Talk about extremes. That is NOT what I was talking about.

In all my workings with kids, I've seen very little difference. I remember very little difference. The only differences were "forced" upon them, either by parents or peers.

It's not gender that determines the differences between children; it's the children themselves who are different. No two children are alike, just as no two people have the same fingerprints.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I am staunchly opposed to gays adopting kids on the grounds that the government won't let me adopt a goat so why should the government let gays adopt goats? It's just not fair gays should be able to adopt kids and not me. Am I the only one upset by this?

What's the opposite of a frubal?

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
Me too, Starfish, my mom died when I was 9. It was horrible.
Wow. We have a lot in common. I also was 9. Who raised you after her death?
Did you know that for some kids, when their bio mom dies, they get taken away from their only living parent and placed with strangers, due to anti-gay parenting discrimination and lack of laws to protect the family?

I think we've addressed this issue?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Wow. We have a lot in common. I also was 9. Who raised you after her death?
Mostly my dad and my older sister. Later a step-mom. btw I'm 52 also. It was the defining trauma of my life. Finally what makes me feel (almost) completely recovered is the love of my collaborator-in-life, V.

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
Mostly my dad and my older sister. Later a step-mom. btw I'm 52 also. It was the defining trauma of my life. Finally what makes me feel (almost) completely recovered is the love of my collaborator-in-life, V.
Thanks for sharing. My mother died from cancer which took a couple of years, so we had a long time to prepare emotionally and I had learned to cope with life without her. Also my support system was tremendous. I don't know if that makes it easier or not.
Did your mom die suddenly, or due to illness?

(Sorry to everyone for deviating from the topic. It's only momentary. Thanks.)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
LG parents are forcing kids away from a mom or a dad. telling them "you don't need a mom" or "you don't need a dad"

Personally, I think it's far, far, FAR worse when parents force their religion (such as Mormonism, for example) on their kids. Shall we pass some laws banning believers from having children? Sound fair?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I think it's a joke.
*Drumroll*.......................................

You've just been Rickrolled

:clap :clap :clap :clap

Were no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do i
A full commitments what Im thinking of
You wouldnt get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how Im feeling
Gotta make you understand

* never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry