• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS letter on same-sex marriage

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I do have a problem with the examples given in that article. But I fail to see how same sex marriage really has anything to do with them if they are already occurring.

I was only responding to the complaint raised about the government "denying" those on their payroll their religious "enjoyment" by disallowing them to discriminate against gays. I was only asking why they think the people's tax dollars should go towards supporting that. I'm sure he wouldn't like it if his tax dollars went toward funding an organization that denied services to Mormons just because they believe they're fake christians and secret satanists.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Same here.
It reminds me of the Belgium argument:
Belgium allowed same sex marriage and the number of children born out wedlock went up

whoever used that argument needs to be put out of THEIR misery.... was is Jerry Fallwell? i could totally see him saying something stupid like that.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I do have a problem with the examples given in that article. But I fail to see how same sex marriage really has anything to do with them if they are already occurring.

they are occuring hit and miss, very few incidents, But when the legalization happens there will be many many more instances.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I was only responding to the complaint raised about the government "denying" those on their payroll their religious "enjoyment" by disallowing them to discriminate against gays. I was only asking why they think the people's tax dollars should go towards supporting that. I'm sure he wouldn't like it if his tax dollars went toward funding an organization that denied services to Mormons just because they believe they're fake christians and secret satanists.

They can do whatever they want. It's thier privilege to do so. And it does happen, especially in the bible belt area of the east coast.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
It was some "National Review" article that Starfish linked, then left RF when everyone scoffed at it.

seeing as homosexual activity leads to less reproduction....... children being Born out of wedlock is a completely separate issue, unless there was an huge increase of invitro fertilizations of lesbian couples.......

As for starfish i like alot of the stuff she posts, i just dunno why she would post that as an argument, maybe it was part of the article she posted but it was not the main argument against same-sex marriages?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
They can do whatever they want. It's thier privilege to do so. And it does happen, especially in the bible belt area of the east coast.

So you actually wouldn't mind funding with tax money out of your own pocket people or organizations that discriminate against Mormons? What if when your daughter is in school and one of her teachers tells all of the kids that Mormonism is an ungodly blasphemy and false teachings, you would have no problems with that?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
So you actually wouldn't mind funding with tax money out of your own pocket people or organizations that discriminate against Mormons? What if when your daughter is in school and one of her teachers tells all the kids that Mormonism is an ungodly blasphemy, you would have no problems with that?

now now you are taking it to an extreme that i did not take it to.

I;m not sayign we should advertize against homosexuals in schools. But i don't agree that thier lifestyle should be accepted as a social norm. Just keep it out of school all together. but if it's sanctified by the goverment it will HAVE to be taught about in schools.

did i say that Homosexuals were godless heathens? no. so don't turn around and try to use it yourself.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's not quite the same, I used the proper word, but misspelled it, you used the wrong spelling of the word which had a different meaning.:p

my right hand types faster than my left hand so i end up transposing letters very often... :(

I was aware the difference, it was just a homophone related typo. Kind of petty to bring up as part of an argument.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
seeing as homosexual activity leads to less reproduction....... children being Born out of wedlock is a completely separate issue, unless there was an huge increase of invitro fertilizations of lesbian couples.......
Irrelevant how the same sex couple got pregnant, if they are married, the child is not born out of wedlock.

As for starfish i like alot of the stuff she posts, i just dunno why she would post that as an argument, maybe it was part of the article she posted but it was not the main argument against same-sex marriages?
I have no idea if Starfish presented it or a link to an article that used it or not, I found out about it from a King James Onlyist on another forum I haunt.
He saw nothing wrong with the statement.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
now now you are taking it to an extreme that i did not take it to.

I;m not sayign we should advertize against homosexuals in schools. But i don't agree that thier lifestyle should be accepted as a social norm. Just keep it out of school all together. but if it's sanctified by the goverment it will HAVE to be taught about in schools.

Whether one thinks it's immoral or not, homosexuals are a relevant part of our world and should be taught about regardless.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Irrelevant how the same sex couples got pregnant, if they are married, the child is not born out of wedlock.

Yeah that's true, I don't knwo why iw as even trying to help justify that argument =P

I have no idea if Starfish presented it or a link to an article that used it or not, I found out about it from a King James Onlyist on another forum I haunt.
He saw nothing wrong with the statement.

/facepalm

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Whether one thinks it's immoral or not, homosexuals are a relevant part of our world and should be taught about regardless.

they don't teach about mormons in schools =/ they shouldn't teach about homosexuality unless you are taking a class that would specifically talk about it (like Human Sexuality for instance) which should be reserved for college.

Just as they shouldn't teach religion unless you are specifically taking a class or course in which you are studying that field.