• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Legalize my new religion

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I thought atheism was no gods o_O

That's correct. But some theists are so close-minded they literally cannot believe or understand that some people don't believe in any gods at all.

Then again, some are just wilfully ignorant.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSL

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
And I wanna be their god
You're a bit late there mate. You didn't even create the thing. You should have jumped on the bandwagon first. I mean that was over a few thousand years ago but still.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You're a bit late there mate. You didn't even create the thing. You should have jumped on the bandwagon first. I mean that was over a few thousand years ago but still.

How do you know he didn't create it first? Maybe he's just deluding you that other gods did their godding thing on the universe while really he is omnieverything, but likes to keep out of the limelight

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I haven't heard of discworld

Oh man, you don't know what you are missing. Rather than me extolling one of the best authors ever here's a wiki

Discworld - Wikipedia

His success is measured in many ways, one being the dubious honour of being the most shoplifted author in the uk.

The author Terry Pratchett was (dead now) brilliant, his name lives on by zipping all over the internet at this moment embedded in http headers

Terry Pratchett’s name lives on in ‘the clacks’ with hidden web code

And here's how...

GNU Terry Pratchett

BSL

Atheist God
Oh man, you don't know what you are missing. Rather than me extolling one of the best authors ever here's a wiki

Discworld - Wikipedia

His success is measured in many ways, one being the dubious honour of being the most shoplifted author in the uk.

The author Terry Pratchett was (dead now) brilliant, his name lives on by zipping all over the internet at this moment embedded in http headers

Terry Pratchett’s name lives on in ‘the clacks’ with hidden web code

And here's how...

GNU Terry Pratchett
And I thought you were talking about legendary scriptures :p

dianaiad

I want to start a new religion.
The basic tenet of the religion is to do whatever pleases you.
If you join the religion, you will be able to fulfill all your wishes and those of the members of the religion.
Somebody make the religion legal and worldwide, and make me your god, the god of pleasure.
I want everybody to call the religion BSLism.

Why do you need to have someone ELSE make your religion 'legal?' Just declare it and be done.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
How do you know he didn't create it first? Maybe he's just deluding you that other gods did their godding thing on the universe while really he is omnieverything, but likes to keep out of the limelight
Because everyone knows the true Lord and Master is Marque De Sade, duh. This imposter is merely Satan trying to trick everyone for the glory. I, for one, am not fooled!!!

The Holy Bottom Burp

I want to start a new religion.
The basic tenet of the religion is to do whatever pleases you.
If you join the religion, you will be able to fulfill all your wishes and those of the members of the religion.
Somebody make the religion legal and worldwide, and make me your god, the god of pleasure.
I want everybody to call the religion BSLism.

I say go for it BSL, why not? Every religion in the world started with some dude making stuff up for people to believe in. I believe Mormonism started off as a drunken bet Joseph Smith had with his mate in the pub one night.;)

james bond

Epicurus already beat you to it. I'm sure if he started a chapter today, then people will join but I would think it would have to be more exclusive, i.e. it'll take big money to join.

What's also weird about this thread is atheists think Christianity is all made up. Even if I wasn't a Christian, I would think that kind of thinking is creepy and weird. These people I call internet atheists believe Jesus was a myth.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I say go for it BSL, why not? Every religion in the world started with some dude making stuff up for people to believe in. I believe Mormonism started off as a drunken bet Joseph Smith had with his mate in the pub one night.;)
That was Scientology.... Issac Asimov and L. Ronny Hubbard were drinking buddies.

DavidFirth

You atheists have replaced I AM with yourself. You have made yourself the I AM. You deny that which is obvious.

Romans 1:20