• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
And there you go again. When you make a claim like that you are the one taking on the burden of proof. Please note that I was not that foolish. I try to avoid making claims that I cannot support.
It is not a claim, it is common sense, existence can not come from no-existence. The penny will drop one day, you have it in you to understand.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is not a claim, it is common sense, existence can not come from no-existence. The penny will drop one day, you have it in you to understand.
1682138046901.png

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
First, it is BBT that makes the claim that existence came from no-existence, but they provide no proof. I am drawing your attention to it.
No, that is your strawman. And even if it did, when you make a claim to the contrary it is up to you to support it. Even if the supporters of the Big Bang did believe that the universe came from nothing it appears that they would have more evidence than you do. But then you told us that you do not understand the concept of evidence.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No, that is your strawman. And even if it did, when you make a claim to the contrary it is up to you to support it. Even if the supporters of the Big Bang did believe that the universe came from nothing it appears that they would have more evidence than you do. But then you told us that you do not understand the concept of evidence.
Now you are rambling and incoherent, take a rest please.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
First, it is BBT that makes the claim that existence came from no-existence, but they provide no proof. I am drawing your attention to it.

I don't know much about BBT, can you point me to an article that claims something came from nothing?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is getting childish!
You have been acting childishly for quite some time. It is simple, your claim. your burden of proof. I did not make any positive aassertions about the start of the universe. I know a bit more than you do so I know what I do not know. You only have believe and you appear to have conflated that with knowledge, but your actions here keep telling us that all you have is irrational belief.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
You are late to the party, you can read the thread for yourself. Where do you think existence came from?

I've been reading it since day one and haven't seen anything posted to show how BBT claims something came from nothing. You keep saying it does so I'm assuming you have the information. I read about BBT and it fries my brain so some help from you would be good.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I've been reading it since day one and haven't seen anything posted to show how BBT claims something came from nothing. You keep saying it does so I'm assuming you have the information. I read about BBT and it fries my brain so some help from you would be good.
Unfortunately he misinterpreted some of Polymaths posts. I corrected him shunyadragon corrected him, gnostic corrected him, and Polymath corrected him. He loves his strawman too much to listen.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You have been acting childishly for quite some time. It is simple, your claim. your burden of proof. I did not make any positive aassertions about the start of the universe. I know a bit more than you do so I know what I do not know. You only have believe and you appear to have conflated that with knowledge, but your actions here keep telling us that all you have is irrational belief.
Stop changing the subject, if you've got evidence of existence from no-existence, then provide it, but this incessant whining is so pathetic, are you a man or a mouse.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You didn't say where you thought existence came from!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Stop changing the subject, if you've got evidence of existence from no-existence, then provide it, but this incessant whining is so pathetic, are you a man or a mouse.
You need to drop the strawman argument. No one can answer your question properly as asked, Here is an example of what you are demanding. It is not a serious accustion:

"Answer yes or no, have you quit beating your wife yet?"