• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It's a fairly simple question I asked about 10 posts back. Can you show evidence for your claim that BBT claims something came from nothing?

At this point I'm assuming you can't or you would have answered sensibly to my first post.
I could care less about your requests, if you think BBT says that existence is eternal and spacetime existed before the BB, that's fine.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A zeptosecond after the BB, was there a South?
Yes. But not quite. The "Big Bang" was the early expansion of the universe. But I am answering the spirit of your question. A zeptosecond after the start of the Big Bang there was a south.. Though personally I not think that there is an answer for your question if one is dealing with only one unit of Planck time. Then I would have to say, I am pretty sure that no one knows. I definitely do not know.

We Never Know

No Slack
Yes. But not quite. The "Big Bang" was the early expansion of the universe. But I am answering the spirit of your question. A zeptosecond after the start of the Big Bang there was a south.. Though personally I not think that there is an answer for your question if one is dealing with only one unit of Planck time. Then I would have to say, I am pretty sure that no one knows. I definitely do not know.
"A zeptosecond after the start of the Big Bang there was a south"

There was a south of/to what? Space has a south?

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
lol ok. And like I've told you several times I do not understand BBT. I was hoping to learn something from you but all I've learnt is ways to not answer a simple question.
Fine, goodbye John, and remember, existence can not come from no-existence, it is impossible.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There was a south of what?
South of that time. It appears that you do not understand that analogy. Time is the equivalent dimension to latitude in the analogy where the universe is treated as a globe and the Big Bang starts at the South Pole. In that analogy, as I said time is latitude. The size of the universe represented by East West directions. It is far from a perfect analogy and falls apart somewhere south of the equator.

We Never Know

No Slack
South of that time. It appears that you do not understand that analogy. Time is the equivalent dimension to latitude in the analogy where the universe is treated as a globe and the Big Bang starts at the South Pole. In that analogy, as I said time is latitude. The size of the universe represented by East West directions. It is far from a perfect analogy and falls apart somewhere south of the equator.

So wouldn't time be south of the south pole?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So wouldn't time be south of the south pole?
No, time is the latitude north of the South Pole. You can only go so far South on a globe. And it appears time wise that one can only go back to the Big Bang. Right now there does not appear to be a before the Big Bang. Our minds have a hard time grasping this, but there may be no before the Big Bang. Which makes the arguments of some sound rather nonsensical.

One thing to realize is that as mass and energy get more and more compact time flows slower and slower. We now have the ability to measure the time difference in a length of only one ladder step. A clock deeper into the Earth's gravity well will run more slowly than one higher up. That is what was predicted by Einstein's General Relativity When it comes to GPS and satellites orbiting the Earth corrections must be made for the time differences due to both General and Special relativity.