• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Told you about a dozen times I have no idea. What I know about BBT you could write on the back of a postage stamp. What I understand about it you could write on the head of a pin.

So who claims something came from nothing so I can investigate their claim.
Sorry, from my observation so far, I think you will need to do your own research. Come back when you are more familiar with the subject.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Sorry, you have dodged far too many questions to be demanding any answers. You need to answer a few for a while. Then you can being to ask some questions.

Good night. If I do not seem some answers to more morning then you will still have to wait.
Good night SZ, God bless and may the angels look over you during your sleep.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Never, it is impossible for existence to come from no-existence.

Great. Have never argued different other than saying I don't know.

My question all along has been who says it does. You claim BBT does but won't show evidence of your claim. Then you amended it to some BB theorists do but wouldn't tell me which ones. So I'm ruling out your claims and will stick with my position of not knowing.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Great. Have never argued different other than saying I don't know.

My question all along has been who says it does. You claim BBT does but won't show evidence of your claim. Then you amended it to some BB theorists do but wouldn't tell me which ones. So I'm ruling out your claims and will stick with my position of not knowing.
John my Newcastle friend, I think that's a great idea. you might find a thread like "The last one to post is the winner", more to your suiting.

Actually come to think of it, that would suit SZ too.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The process involving time before the expansion of the universe is described as Quantum Time as described in Quantum Mechanics. Yes, continuous time/space began with the beginning of the expansion of our universe.

I would like observational data for that. I know it makes sense as a form of cognition in a given brain, but I would like to have that shown as independent of a brain. So to me it is philosophical rationalism dress up as science, but the strength of science is that it requires observation.
There is a reason it is called theoretical physics.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Tbh, I don't do "The last one to post is the winner", so I don't know the difficulty level of the questions.

I'm referring to my simple question to you. You've probably forgotten it, you only failed to give an answer about 20 or so times. You do however get an A+ on avoidance and making unsubstantiated claims. You must feel proud.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. there is only reality itself present.
You believe in non-duality, and believe one reality to exist. Then, what all is perceived is unreal. And the unreal universe could be 'closed' upon itself.

calabiyaun-png.218271

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I'm referring to my simple question to you. You've probably forgotten it, you only failed to give an answer about 20 or so times. You do however get an A+ on avoidance and making unsubstantiated claims. You must feel proud.
I beg your pardon, I've tried to help you from the beginning, and steer you in the right direction, and this is the thanks!

The truth is, if you are not up to speed wrt BBT claims, you are not going to understand. Concepts like, even though the BB had a beginning, there is no before the BB because time didn't start until the BB. Concepts like there is no outside of the universe, etc..

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I beg your pardon, I've tried to help you from the beginning, and steer you in the right direction, and this is the thanks!

The truth is, if you are not up to speed wrt BBT claims, you are not going to understand. Concepts like, even though the BB had a beginning, there is no before the BB because time didn't start until the BB. Concepts like there is no outside of the universe, etc..

Read it back, no need to beg my pardon.

I didn't ask you to explain BBT. I asked you to give me evidence of your claim that BBT says something came from nothing. It's a very simple question which you haven't even attempted to answer.

Maybe you can answer this... so why should I trust anything you say if you can't answer 1 simple question?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
No, you only believe. Knowledge is demonstrable. If you can't show it you don't know it. And you clearly do not know. You may have a very very strong belief, but that is not knowing. I do not know myself. I only know what the evidence that we have right now indicates. But that may change as more evidence comes in.

Well, if you can show me t=0 as show with observation, I will listen. That is a reason it is called theoretical physics and it is not the same as say the theory of evolution as for the word theory.