• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree with the concept of time and space being part of the geometry of the universe, so therefore if there is no time, there is no space. Agreed?

I would turn it around and say that if there is space, then there is also time. I try to use positive formulations to avoid giving the idea that there exists 'nothing'.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
No, we agree that there is no before. No before means no time, no space, no existence, no nothing, zilth, zero, nada.

The difficulty is that you seem to think that the notion of 'before' is meaningful in this context. and that is the point: in BB cosmology, it is simply not meaningful.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
My reply would be the same no matter who said it.

"One would think so but all that is presented is...

Earth is a sphere, there is no South of the South pole. Therefore the BB just happened and there was no before. Case closed lol"

The geometry of spacetime at the BB singularity is similar in many ways to the geometry of the Earth at the south pole singularity.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
No its a nice way if telling you direction doesn't exist in space. If you can only use earth, your are trapped in a box, you are lost on space.

There is no south of the moon. No south of Venus. No south of the BB.

Well, technically, on a planet, south is defined by the sense of rotation. There is even a south pole for the sun.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
"Tired light" has failed as a scientific hypothesis since it disagrees with some of the evidence. And using clickbait titles as "evidence" does not help you.
The results coming from the JWST are showing BBT is not correct and more consistent with TLT, as I explained. If you disagree with them, point out the what aspect you disagree with and the technical reason. The 2018 TLT paper has not been refuted afaik.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No as described at least several time the 'nothing' described by Hawking is NOT no existence, no nothing, zilth, zero, nada.

The Quantum 'nothing' described by Hawking has no 'continuous time and space. It is a Quantum existence at the zero energy level.
You are not Subduction Zone, your comment is out of context. Having said that, there was never a BB anyway, the universe is eternal without a beginning, the SSM, the universe is not expanding the redshift is distance.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The difficulty is that you seem to think that the notion of 'before' is meaningful in this context. and that is the point: in BB cosmology, it is simply not meaningful.
I'm moving on. there was no BB, the SSM is the correct model, and TLT is the correct explanation of redshift.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Again -- it's a waste of brainpower to spend good IQ's to figure if there's life out there.
So you have no curiosity about the cosmos? What it is? How it got that way? How it relates to us and how we got this way?

That's sad.

I speak as one who finds those questions immensely stimulating.