• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You made several claims (that there is a forest, that there are separate trees, etc). So why would we NOT want evidence that those claims are correct?
If you understood the meaning of the analogy of the forest and the trees, you would not mistake the finger pointing at the moon for the moon.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Belief is a conceptualization of something, the conceptualization is not actually that represented by the conceptualization. Get with realization, not conceptualization.

Yes, yes. A finger pointing at the moon is not the moon. A picture of a pipe is not a pipe.

Realization is not a reliable method to find truth.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
As regards the concept within Physics of “space time”, I would note that Physics is merely the branch of mathematics that deals with real objects and their interactions. As with all maths, the postulates of Physics are held to be valid by physicists so long as they are mathematically valid and theoretically congruent.
Actually physics uses mathematics as a tool to construct models (hypotheses and theories) that can then make predictions that can be tested against reality via observation and/or experiments. Mathematical validity is necessary but not sufficient to accept the model. The important point is that its predictions match reality. That is evidence for the theory.

I think it should be obvious to anybody who has thought about it deeply, but here, this should get you started:
Just philosophical musings. No evidence. Reality matches the space-time model in all ways that we have tested it.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
“Time” is simply the mental construct by which the human mind orders and makes sense of the continual succession of events in the universe.

No, it actually is not. It is a coordinate of the geometry of a four dimensional spacetime.

For example, we can actually measure the curvature of time in a gravitational field.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
As with all maths, the postulates of Physics are held to be valid by physicists so long as they are mathematically valid and theoretically congruent.
...and reflective of actual observable reality.

It's perfectly possible to build mathematical models of a universe with the math being perfectly valid and theoretically congruent, while actually describing a non-existing universe (or a universe that isn't our universe).

“Time” is simply the mental construct by which the human mind orders and makes sense of the continual succession of events in the universe.

It is an objective truth that there are successions of events in the universe.
This means that the flow of time within said universe is an objective truth.
If it wasn't, there would be no succession of events, 1 happening after the other.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You're triggered again, try some yoga or some other efficacious religious practice and realize the peace that passeth understanding.
And once again, running from the actual point and borderlining ad hominems with that "triggered" bs.

Try actually addressing the very valid points raised instead.
3 people have raised the same point to you today in this thread.
You are ignoring all 3 and doing your very best to keep it up.

Even resorting to attempts at personal insult to keep it up.

It's quite pathetic to witness.

Man up, man. Grow some cohones.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
And once again, running from the actual point and borderlining ad hominems with that "triggered" bs.

Try actually addressing the very valid points raised instead.
3 people have raised the same point to you today in this thread.
You are ignoring all 3 and doing your very best to keep it up.

Even resorting to attempts at personal insult to keep it up.

It's quite pathetic to witness.

Man up, man. Grow some cohones.
So, it seems your trigger is trigger. Now that I am aware, I will do my best to resist triggering you by saying you are triggered.
Btw, I liked Roy Roger's films, just loved his white horse. oops

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
So, it seems your trigger is trigger. Now that I am aware, I will do my best to resist triggering you by saying you are triggered.
And you still seem terrified of actually facing up to the points being made.

Yet again: many people claim 'spiritual realisation', 'revelation' and so on, but they contradict each other, so, even if we're generous and concede that it might offer some access to truth, it is clearly very unreliable.

Cue more running away...

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

And you continue playing the silly game of intellectual dishonesty and borderline ad hominem "argumentation" instead of actually addressing the points raised head-on.
This does not reflect good on you or your case.

Oh well.

Here, have an appropriate trophy:

1682687267876.png

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Realization is not a method, it is truth. But to be sure, a 'realization' episode is only the beginning.

Realizations can be wrong.

Almost everything to say, you mistake the maya of this world for reality.

No, I do not 'mistake' it. I believe it.

I've always made that clear, but the goal is to transcend self identification with the 'I' and attain non-duality eternally.

So you also, have not had the experiences you talk about. So you are also not an authority.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Being triggered is not the same as disagreeing.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
And you still seem terrified of actually facing up to the points being made.

Yet again: many people claim 'spiritual realisation', 'revelation' and so on, but they contradict each other, so, even if we're generous and concede that it might offer some access to truth, it is clearly very unreliable.

Cue more running away...
But you by self admission are not enlightened, so anything and everything you say about the subject is second hand claims, Now do it yourself or forever hold your peace.