• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You are still deficient in the basics of English language. Speaking from your own culture fails ro communicate in the basics of science and English. Danish culture? which you have failed to explain has no relevance to the universal nature of science, which by definition in English has no relationship to the many diverse and conflicting cultures of the world.

Yeah, you are not the universal nature of science. You just claim so. But you can't understand that, because if you say it, it is true.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You are still deficient in the basics of English language. Speaking from your own culture fails ro communicate in the basics of science and English. Danish culture? which you have failed to explain has no relevance to the universal nature of science, which by definition in English has no relationship to the many diverse and conflicting cultures of the world.

Here is a book in Danish: Humanistisk videnskabsteori. The ISBN is 9-788711-348529 And yes the words are in Danish.
So by the magical power of a definition in one culture all other cultures are irrelevant. I hope that is not your actual level of reasoning as an actual scientist in your field.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
No, there are some variations as to how science is understood.
Perhaps at the popular level. Professional scientists should understand the internationally recognised scientific method, at least as far as their work is concerned. If culture is allowed to leak into science, that is unprofessional.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Perhaps at the popular level. Professional scientists should understand the internationally recognised scientific method, at least as far as their work is concerned. If culture is allowed to leak into science, that is unprofessional.

Here is the ISBN 9-788711-348529 Google it and it is a real book written by 2 Danish professors and they have another understanding of science than you.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Here is the ISBN 9-788711-348529 Google it and it is a real book written by 2 Danish professors and they have another understanding of science than you.
I don't read Danish but if they think culture should be allowed to affect science (rather than, say, studying if it does or how it might) they are wrong.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I don't read Danish but if they think culture should be allowed to affect science (rather than, say, studying if it does or how it might) they are wrong.

No, they are saying that in Denmark we have 7 different kinds of science and not just the one you claim as the one science.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Please, can you describe such a “matrix” for me? What is it??
It is 'boundless' and the 'nothing' as described by Hawking. without the time/space of our universe or any possible universe. The propertiws of the Quantum Matrix are Quantum Mechanics.
'

Zwing

It is 'boundless' and the 'nothing' as described by Hawking. without the time/space of our universe or any possible universe. The propertiws of the Quantum Matrix are Quantum Mechanics.
'
Is that to be found in the “Brief History of Time”, “The Universe in a Nutshell”, or elsewhere? I want to look into this a bit.

Last edited:

Zwing

Natural science
Social science
We have these categories in the States, but they don’t describe individual scientific disciplines, but rather broad categories of disciplines. The “Natural Sciences” include all of those “hard” sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc.) which deal with the natural or physical world. The “soft” Social Sciences describes those disciplines which deal with aspects of human social interaction, such as psychology, sociology, etc. I’m not sure what you mean by “Han Sciences”, but I suspect that it might be what we call the “Humanities” here in America. If so, then we do not consider them to be sciences at all, but rather as occupying a central position between the sciences and the arts.