• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's take Trump at his word

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You can't blame solely your oligarchs.
The people want to expand the population, & oppose
limiting its growth. The masses want more income.
Leaders respond to these voters. This means economic
expansion has nearly universal support.
I see it as a model doomed to failure.

From birth we've been fed economic lies and lifestyle lies. Sure, it would be great if we could all live like kings, but 8, soon to be 11 billion people cannot live like kings on good old planet earth.

So yes, any model that requires endless growth is doomed to failure.

The good news is that free economies do NOT have to grow to thrive.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
From birth we've been fed economic lies and lifestyle lies.
Who's lying.
I say they believe that unlimited growth is good.

Sure, it would be great if we could all live like kings, but 8, soon to be 11 billion people cannot live like kings on good old planet earth.

So yes, any model that requires endless growth is doomed to failure.

The good news is that free economies do NOT have to grow to thrive.
Duh.
I've been saying that for years.
Where you go wrong is laying blame at the feet of some cabal.

Colt

It's My Birthday!
From CNN

Former President Donald Trump is planning a widespread expansion of his first administration’s hardline immigration policies if he is elected to a second term in 2024, including rounding up undocumented immigrants already in the US and placing them in detention camps to await deportation, a source familiar with the plans confirmed to CNN.​

The plans, first reported by The New York Times, would necessitate building large camps to house migrants waiting for deportation and tapping federal and local law enforcement to assist with large-scale arrests of undocumented immigrants across the country.​
Should Congress refuse to fund the operation, Trump could turn to a tactic used in his first term to secure more funding for a border wall — redirecting funds from the Pentagon, the source confirmed.​
News of the proposals comes after Trump at a rally in Florida on Wednesday promised to conduct “the largest domestic deportation operation in American history” and argued criminals were coming through the US-Mexico border and warned of “young, strong people that had bad intentions.”​

It adds:

Stephen Miller, a former senior Trump administration official who led Trump’s immigration policy, told The Times, “Any activists who doubt President Trump’s resolve in the slightest are making a drastic error: Trump will unleash the vast arsenal of federal powers to implement the most spectacular migration crackdown.”​

We've seen this before.

The they're-all-the-same cynics are ignorant, dangerous fools.
Any new plan for healthy immigration would still require border enforcement. With enabling (D)'s setting up sanctuary cities and states all over the country they clearly have no desire for a solution!

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Who's lying.
I say they believe that unlimited growth is good.

Duh.
I've been saying that for years.
Where you go wrong is laying blame at the feet of some cabal.
It does not have to be a cabal. All it takes is rich people hiring the best lawyers and finding similar ways to game the system. No conspiracies required.

The good news is that we largely agree.

==

I think it's useful to understand a bit of how we got here, to be sure. But mostly I think we need to put our energies into finding solutions. Here are two books I've been studying, books that debunk the myth that economies must grow to be healthy:

Prosperity Without Growth
Doughnut Economics

Colt

It's My Birthday!
Yeah. Don't vote for Trump.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F3aab378f-70f4-4ee8-9d05-57fd67d1a466_1164x1455.jpeg
Why is this quote not common sense???? “We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

How is that racist or Hitler like???

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Why is this quote not common sense???? “We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

How is that racist or Hitler like???

Why aren't you quoting the words from my post? You can't have missed them, they're large enough for an eye exam.

anna.

When they tell you who they are the first time, believe them.

Numerous historians and other experts were disturbed by Trump language, saying they echoed words used by fascist dictators in the past to stir up violence against their enemies, but a spokesman for the ex-president offered a menacing denial.

“Those who try to make that ridiculous assertion are clearly snowflakes grasping for anything because they are suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome and their entire existence will be crushed when President Trump returns to the White House," Steven Cheung, a Trump campaign spokesman, told the newspaper.

Colt

It's My Birthday!
Why aren't you quoting the words from my post? You can't have missed them, they're large enough for an eye exam.
Yea, he does say some stupid stuff that could be compared to dangerous dictators but he didn't do any of that kind of stuff when president.

So what's wrong with my quote?

wellwisher

From CNN

Former President Donald Trump is planning a widespread expansion of his first administration’s hardline immigration policies if he is elected to a second term in 2024, including rounding up undocumented immigrants already in the US and placing them in detention camps to await deportation, a source familiar with the plans confirmed to CNN.​

The plans, first reported by The New York Times, would necessitate building large camps to house migrants waiting for deportation and tapping federal and local law enforcement to assist with large-scale arrests of undocumented immigrants across the country.​
Should Congress refuse to fund the operation, Trump could turn to a tactic used in his first term to secure more funding for a border wall — redirecting funds from the Pentagon, the source confirmed.​
News of the proposals comes after Trump at a rally in Florida on Wednesday promised to conduct “the largest domestic deportation operation in American history” and argued criminals were coming through the US-Mexico border and warned of “young, strong people that had bad intentions.”​

It adds:

Stephen Miller, a former senior Trump administration official who led Trump’s immigration policy, told The Times, “Any activists who doubt President Trump’s resolve in the slightest are making a drastic error: Trump will unleash the vast arsenal of federal powers to implement the most spectacular migration crackdown.”​

We've seen this before.

The they're-all-the-same cynics are ignorant, dangerous fools.
The problem appears to be the Democrats are pro-crime and pro-criminal. Illegal immigration is not legal, but since the Democrats are pro crime and coddle criminals; no bail and no jail, they relate better to criminals, than they do honest citizens. If you surveyed felons and asked which Party they feel more comfortable with, they will pick Democrat. This is why the Dems would like to give felons the right to vote; birds of a feather .

If Trump was to deal with things against the law, like illegal immigration, the Democrats will again illegally help their fellow criminals, and try to screw things up, so they can blame Trump for his failure to deliver. Fake news will start their drum beat and spin, on cue. This is why drain the swamp may be an addendum to that package. We need to get rid of the embedded pro criminal gang in Washington that is ripping off the tax payer.

Trump is being quiet on his sweeping Swamp plan, so the criminals can not easily prepare. They may be deported or given reassignments in Alaska, counting ice cubes. If Biden falls, everyone who knew of his illegal activity and helped him escape justice for so long, is a criminal suspect in terms of aiding and abetting. They may have their day in court. The lock step Democrats make it too easy.

Trump has had three years to plan. He knows the players and he was the hardest working person in Washington, so repent less the hammer fall on you. Do what is right for the citizens. The crack down on illegal immigration is part theater, to inhibit more mass migration, so we can control the border, to the point we can be open it again; big door, in a nondestructive way for the citizens.

The current Democrat plan puts too much burden on citizens and local communities. The Democrats in large Democrats sanctuary cities had to walk in the shoes of the border towns, before they could smell the coffee. That helped to partially break the bonehead spell of the criminal gang in Washington.

anna.

Yea, he does say some stupid stuff that could be compared to dangerous dictators but he didn't do any of that kind of stuff when president.

Does Trump merely say stupid stuff? Or does he say dangerous stuff?

So what's wrong with my quote?

Why are you bringing Obama into this? We're talking about Trump.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What do you call Trump's order that Pence overturn the election?
Having fake electors in MI?
Having fake electors in GA?
Exhorting MAGAs to storm The Capitol, & failing to order them to stand down?
Having his minions knowingly present false testimony that the election was stolen?

Those acts constitute an attempted coup.
This is treason.
Trump is a traitor.
And now he openly commits to a purge of his
political foes, & violent suppression of dissent.
And you still support him?
Insurrection

Twilight Hue

Anyone who was paying attention has seen what a failed coup in the US looks like. Hope you don't get to witness a successful one...
Yes. They typically involve the military and or the police and possibly insiders in senior government itself with a fair degree of logistical preparation.

Not a bunch of yahoo's in costume ransacking a building and pushing around some cops.

Colt

It's My Birthday!
Does Trump merely say stupid stuff? Or does he say dangerous stuff?

Why are you bringing Obama into this? We're talking about Trump.
Was just trying to see if you disagreed with Obama saying the same sort of things.

Trump tried to build a silly wall which frankly wasn't going to work anyway because (D)'s work against immigration enforcement efforts by providing sanctuary to illegal aliens and by default the underground economy.

There is now quite a lot of support for the anti-Israel cause among the Left in America and without perhaps intending it, support for Hamas.

Twilight Hue

Personal thoughts aren't a solution, unfortunately. Actually voting for the person NOT threatening "vermin" is a concrete action.

Do you remember Reagan's amnesty? How do you think the GOP would react to a GOP-led amnesty? A Democratic-led amnesty?
So your solution is to get rid of one's opponent, then sit on one's *** and do nothing afterwards.

anna.

Was just trying to see if you disagreed with Obama saying the same sort of things.

Obama didn't say the "same sort of things" the OP was referring to. There's no comparison, no equivalency possible.

Trump tried to build a silly wall which frankly wasn't going to work anyway because (D)'s work against immigration enforcement efforts by providing sanctuary to illegal aliens and by default the underground economy.

There is now quite a lot of support for the anti-Israel cause among the Left in America and without perhaps intending it, support for Hamas.

Please address the quotes in the OP, and we can talk about that.