• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life after death is a scientific FACT.

eugenius

The Truth Lies Within
So where do you think ANY "theories" came from then? Sorry, my name is not Aristotle.:shrug:

Ideas, watching an apple fall from a tree, watching the earth circle the sun etc.

Claiming Noah loaded up a gigantic ship with 2 of everything is pulling something out of thin air.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
But you are claiming life after death is a scientific fact, which it's not. It's a personal theory you've come up with based on a misinterpretation of the first law of thermodynamics.

It IS a scientific fact. My grandmother died...I am still alive. Life exists after death. :p Just kidding.
Life always continues on in some way shape or form. It is my theory that that energy that was once a living person then died, changed form, and that is how there is the potential for life to reappear again. It never really disappeared to begin with. The energy was always there, it just changed form.

CarlinKnew

Certainly not. But is it a fact that "awareness" is 100% a process of the brain? Can we say that when we don't even know what "awareness" is?

What is "awareness" other than perception and thought? Perception and thought are processes of the brain.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Yes, we change form by decomposing. Our brains, which are responsible for our awareness, decompose along with the rest of our bodies. Energy and life are entirely different.

So what are you saying? If life is not just another form of energy what else could it possibly be? I don't believe in the supernatural, do you?

CarlinKnew

It IS a scientific fact. My grandmother died...I am still alive. Life exists after death. :p Just kidding.

:D

Life always continues on in some way shape or form. It is my theory that that energy that was once a living person then died, changed form, and that is how there is the potential for life to reappear again. It never really disappeared to begin with. The energy was always there, it just changed form.

But that's not scientific at all, that's just your personal belief.

CarlinKnew

So what are you saying? If life is not just another form of energy what else could it possibly be? I don't believe in the supernatural, do you?

It is energy that cannot be destroyed, not life. The biological processes and chemical reactions that are responsible for life require energy, but life itself is not energy. When those processes stop: the individual's life ends, and new processes start to happen, such as decomposition.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
What is "awareness" other than perception and thought? Perception and thought are processes of the brain.

How are they processes? If I remember correctly, these processes are electronic in nature, and that is energy. It doesn't decompose with the body.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
It is energy that cannot be destroyed, not life. The biological processes and chemical reactions that are responsible for life require energy, but life itself is not energy. When those processes stop: the individual's life ends, and new processes start to happen, such as decomposition.

If something that requires energy, but is not itself a form of energy, then what it?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Processes that require energy. The processes stop, but energy isn't destroyed.

Right. What happens to that energy?

It changes form.

Now, does that energy retain a form of "awareness" that we cannot comprehend? Possibly. (I personally doubt it :D)

CarlinKnew

If something that requires energy, but is not itself a form of energy, then what it?

It's a process that requires energy!

I thought this thread would've died after Halvcyon's post, he explained it perfectly right here:

Halcyon said:
It depends whether you would consider energy released as heat, or the chemical energy being consumed by bacteria and worms as life, I don't. Sure the energy gets recycled into other forms, but not in a way that preserves your memories or individual nature nor necessarily any biochemical reactions.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Processes that require energy. The processes stop, but energy isn't destroyed.

To say that the processes stop is to say that energy stops being energy. I don't think that is scientifically possible. Energy can only change form, not cease to be energy.