• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life From Dirt?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I believe God made the building blocks for life and the ideal natural environment and was necessary for the design also.
By the evidence God is a Creator Naturally not an engineer who needs to design things,

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
"I want to believe as many true thing and and as few false things as possible." - Matt Dillahunty

Even if I dismiss all supernatural claims without regard, I come closer to that goal than believing even one supernatural claim. For every supernatural claim that hasn't thoroughly debunked, there are thousands that have. Frauds, urban legends, misperceptions, hallucinations and natural phenomena that have been attributed to the supernatural are all magnitudes more likely than a "genuine supernatural event".
It is at a level that even the demand to contemplate, let alone investigate, a supernatural story equates to sealioning. "The last 999 times I claimed a supernatural event happened I was wrong - but this time it's real, look at the evidence." Nope, I won't. I'll wait until people with more patience and resources have investigated and written a paper in a respected journal before I even look.
Here's the thing when I come to "supernatural claims." Why couldn't God or spirits influence people?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
You said: "What about the critical thinker who has experienced contact with intelligent invisible entities? Does he cease being a critical thinker?"

My response to that was, "How did the critical thinker demonstrate that they have experienced contact with intelligent invisible entities? What even is an "intelligent invisible entity?" How do we distinguish such things from things that don't exist, given that they seem to have the same properties."

So, your response is, to go ask someone else. Noted.

@Sgt. Pepper is a wonderful person whom I enjoy conversing with.

Not really. Unless this dialogue was recorded somewhere. But even if it was and there was a big long back-and-forth conversation, how does that demonstrate a conversation with a spirit entity? I still don't even know what a spirit entity is or how it connects to any god(s).

Well, you brought it up twice.

Cool, so where's all the information so we call analyze it?

LOL Oohhhh, is that why you didn't answer a single one of my questions? :rolleyes:

You've ignored almost every question I asked you and chopped my post down to just two lines and then accuse me of asking insincere questions. Why is that?
I answered the pertinent questions.
It seems you don’t like the answers.
(With your other questions, the answers are obvious.)

Amazing, how you wish to ignore @Sgt. Pepper ’s findings.

Why do you think she’s “mistaken”?
She’s very forthcoming. And thorough, apparently.

Just because I disagree with her on the identity of these beings, that in no way implies I deny she is having these encounters with invisible entities. That’s your stance, not mine.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I'm not sure what the difference is.

God Creates without a design. Engineers design things and often make mistakes and have to start over,

Given evidence of the objective nature of our Physical existence if God exists God Created naturally,

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I answered the pertinent questions.
It seems you don’t like the answers.
(With your other questions, the answers are obvious.)

You have not answered anything in terms of science, and the objective verifiable evidence.
Amazing, how you wish to ignore @Sgt. Pepper ’s findings.

@Sgt. Pepper did not find anything.
Why do you think she’s “mistaken”?
She’s very forthcoming. And thorough, apparently.
Being forthcoming and through does not mean she is not "mistaken."
Does @Sgt. Pepper Believe in the objective verifiable evidence of science?
Just because I disagree with her on the identity of these beings, that in no way implies I deny she is having these encounters with invisible entities. That’s your stance, not mine.
I do not have an issue with the belief in God or other variations in this thread, My concern is specific, be honest about the objective verifiable evidence that supports science,

You are not honest about science and prefer an ancient tribal agenda,

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't know how you know that except by faith.
Didn't you even think about using Google? You could have probably found that out yourself. Even today at "Black Smoker" undersea aeras where very hot water is spewed out from the crust, they are made. I just did a quick Google search and did not even need to type the whole phrase "black smokers ami, and at this point it ask me if I meant "amino acids", so I let it finish the sentence and did the search.

The first article:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I don't know how you know that except by faith.
I do not believe in his wording, because he anthropomorphizes the actions of the earth. but the objective verifiable evidence of science demonstrates that everything known physically in the known cosmos comes about by Natural Laws and natural processes. There is no observable 'other cause.'

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
But the eternal nature of God does have a reasonable answer…

In the eternal nature of energy. Science has discovered, through its study of the physics of thermodynamics, that energy can “neither be created nor destroyed.” Therefore, it’s always existed. As the Source of energy, the feasibility & capability of God’s eternal existence has been explained.
Not objectively.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Didn't you even think about using Google? You could have probably found that out yourself. Even today at "Black Smoker" undersea aeras where very hot water is spewed out from the crust, they are made. I just did a quick Google search and did not even need to type the whole phrase "black smokers ami, and at this point it ask me if I meant "amino acids", so I let it finish the sentence and did the search.

The first article:

The building blocks are the atoms and molecules, the natural environment is the hot underwater springs. God made those and caused amino acids to synthesise. That is a belief by faith and if you believe God had nothing to do with it, then that is by faith.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I do not believe in his wording, because he anthropomorphizes the actions of the earth. but the objective verifiable evidence of science demonstrates that everything known physically in the known cosmos comes about by Natural Laws and natural processes. There is no observable 'other cause.'

And to go from there to say that no God was needed is a statement of faith.

Brian2

Veteran Member
God Creates without a design. Engineers design things and often make mistakes and have to start over,

Given evidence of the objective nature of our Physical existence if God exists God Created naturally,

I don't understand what you are saying.
Given the potential for atoms to form molecules able to make bodies, I would say God designed the physical.
Given the ability of Genes to store and use information, I would say God designed genes.
Given,,,,,,,,,,,, etc etc.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The building blocks are the atoms and molecules, the natural environment is the hot underwater springs. God made those and caused amino acids to synthesise. That is a belief by faith and if you believe God had nothing to do with it, then that is by faith.
You are not quite right. Lacking a belief that a god did it is rational since there is no evidence for a god. I do not believe that a god did it or a pixie did it or even a leprechaun.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Here's the thing when I come to "supernatural claims." Why couldn't God or spirits influence people?
If they did, why don't we find any evidence of it? Why do so many people fleece the gullible with supernatural claims (and get caught) but none of these claims ever hold up in a scientific investigation? What would be the mechanism of spirits influencing people (that doesn't break all of science)?
Even if some supernatural force existed it would be so weak and so rare that I'd always bet against it.