• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little girl taunted because she didn't "believe in Jesus"

Little Girl Taunted because She was a "Dirty Jew" who would "Rot in Hell" b/c she didn't "believe in Jesus" | Jewish Internet Defense Force

The lawsuit claims the bullying by classmates went on for years. Students told her she would “rot in hell” because she didn’t believe in Jesus Christ and they called her a “dirty Jew.”

“She was tripped, shoved, hit, kicked and had her books knocked out of her hands on a regular basis,” the lawsuit maintains.

Under Ohio law, all school districts must have bullying policies. The lawsuit contends that adults working for the Green district, including a bus driver, a guidance counselor, two principals and two superintendents, did nothing to stop the bullying when it was happening or to punish the aggressors afterward.

“She’s been victimized for a number of years because there’s very few Jewish people in that district and there’s a lot of people apparently who have a problem with Jews,” said the family’s Cleveland attorney, Kenneth Myers.

Superintendent Michael Nutter said the case has been turned over to the district’s insurance company.

“Our lawyers at the insurance company are reviewing it and we’ve been advised from them at this point not to comment on it until they’ve reviewed all of it,” he said. “We have our [bullying] policies, they’re all online, but that’s all I can say right now about it.”

Although most of the bullying was verbal, there were incidents of physical abuse, according to the lawsuit. In September 2007, when the girl was in fifth grade, she was stabbed in the leg with a pencil during class and required medical attention.

Her parents allege that during the fall of 2008, she was verbally harassed daily on a school bus by several boys, who called her a “[f-ing] Jew.”

But the bus driver neither disciplined the boys nor filed a report with the district. Two boys also spat on her when she was on the bus one day that fall, the lawsuit claims.

In November 2009, a boy assaulted her in the choir room at school and she had to use crutches for several weeks.

Most of the abuse, however, was verbal and much of it focused on her religion, Myers said.

The lawsuit names more recent incidents as well, including a Facebook page in 2010 devoted to disparaging the girl and including comments posted by the mother of one of the girls who created the page.

The lawsuit alleges that school officials knew about the harassment because the girl’s mother made several complaints, both in person and in writing.

One defendant named in the lawsuit, Green Intermediate School Principal Mark Booth, is accused of telling the girl to fight one of the boys who was bullying her and of remarking to the mother that her daughter “enjoyed the attention.”

The lawsuit also names the school board, Nutter, former Superintendent Wade Lucas, Green High School Principal Cindy Brown, and Jeff Miller and Jeff Wells, Green Middle School principal and assistant principal, respectively.

Lucas left the district in 2009 to become superintendent of the Olentangy district in Delaware County near Columbus. He could not be reached for comment late Friday.

The girl missed about three weeks of classes, but now attends classes in another public school district.

“She was able to enroll in a different school, which is nice that Green was able to arrange that, but it doesn’t wipe out the years of abuse that she suffered,” Myers said. “So far, she’s been at the other school I think two weeks now and things are going very well for her because they don’t have that sort of culture where that’s tolerated.”

The lawsuit asks for a declaration that Green school officials violated the girl’s constitutional rights and seeks unspecified compensatory and punitive damages, as well as attorney fees.

Myers is involved in several bullying cases around the state, including two involving students at Mentor High School who committed suicide: Sladjana Vidovic and Eric Mohat.

The case involving Mohat, who shot himself in 2007, was dismissed this year.

“In the Mohat case, the parents had not communicated with the school district because the son, he thought he had it handled,” Myers said. “The standard that you have to prove is what’s called deliberate indifference on the part of the school district.”

He said Green officials were well aware of what was happening.

“I didn’t have enough evidence to show that in Mohat, but I think I have it here,” Myers said.

Wow. Just wow.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
What a shame. I went through almost similar when a kid living in York.

Its not Christian like to act that way, and its a shame on whoever allowed it to happen. Thous who did such to her should be charged

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
Kids are often brats who pick on others for a variety of reasons such as social acceptance and egoism; that isnt the issue here, no what is truly worrying is that this points to a high level of racism in the culture of either the school or the surrounding society and it will only get worse as these bratty bigots get bigger because they represent the mindset of the next generation.... either fix their attitude early or prepare some pillow cases and scissors for the next brat clan meeting... because teaparties and playdates are so 20th century

Last edited:

WanderLust

Inquisitive One
Disgusting.... I remember a similar occurence at my elementary school to a girl who was raised by parents who practiced Wicca.... it's so sad...

Me Myself

Back to my username
I am so glad Ecuador is not like this....

I´ve never had this bull even when I attended a catholic school and also had many uncatholic ideas

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am so glad Ecuador is not like this....
Ohio isn't like that either.
I've lived there.
I still visit many friends there.
If this article is accurate, this would be an anomaly.
Bad sh** happens....even in nice places.

Is Ecuador entirely free of bullying & violence?
Should it be judged by the worst events your media have to offer?

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
I've lived there.

Is Equador entirely free of bullying & violence?

The name is Ecuador. It is not the equator, the name Ecuador actually comes from the fact that the Equator crosses the country pretty much in the center.

I couldn´t actually speak for all Ecuador, only for my city Guayaquil and I would say we at least have dramatically less bullying. The thing is if you ever physically hurt an other student you are very much prone to expulsion. Both in public and private schools. But I am talking privates mostly cause if you want reasonable education and are middle class or above, that is what you have for your kids.

Psychological bullying I would guess exists everywhere, it´s part of being kids and humans, to be.. you know, ufle.

But is just too rarely based on reliigion or goes to the extremes I´ve heard from united states. Putting pople in trash cans is not treated lightly in any part of Guayaquil that I know of at least. That is probably an expulsion from the school if not very near it.

I've lived there.

Is Equador entirely free of bullying & violence?

hopefully. it´s an anomally :) . Sorry double quote

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The name is Ecuador.
Dang! I even knew that cuz I checked on it...but that "q" key beckons at times.
The "equator" connection makes sense too.

I couldn´t actually speak for all Ecuador, only for my city Guayaquil and I would say we at least have dramatically less bullying. The thing is if you ever physically hurt an other student you are very much prone to expulsion. Both in public and private schools. But I am talking privates mostly cause if you want reasonable education and are middle class or above, that is what you have for your kids.
We have the same policy here too.
But enforcement could be much much better.

Psychological bullying I would guess exists everywhere, it´s part of being kids and humans, to be.. you know, ufle.
We must be ever vigilant.

But is just too rarely based on reliigion or goes to the extremes I´ve heard from united states. Putting pople in trash cans is not treated lightly in any part of Guayaquil that I know of at least. That is probably an expulsion from the school if not very near it.
Bear in mind that our media are in the business of sensationalizing incidents which attract viewers/listeners/readers so they can boost advertising rates.
One should not presume that each event is typical.

hopefully. it´s an anomally :) . Sorry double quote
No worries.
I'm just pleased no one is yelling at me.....yet.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Maybe because most Catholics are not the devils you make us out to be ;)

I´ve nevr thought catholics are devils. I believe catholicism have irredimably devilish ideas(like eternal hell mostly), but that´s different, and for another thread ;)

WanderLust

Inquisitive One
Maybe because most Catholics are not the devils you make us out to be ;)

Actually, in my experience, Catholics are the most open-minded and kind Christians. In my hometown, at least, it tends to be more Protestants that engage in these types of acts.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
I´ve nevr thought catholics are devils. I believe catholicism have irredimably devilish ideas(like eternal hell mostly), but that´s different, and for another thread ;)

No, Me Myself, you have a horrible habit of making Catholics sound like devils. And that is not while discussing theology. For example, in this thread here.

Me Myself

Back to my username
No, Me Myself, you have a horrible habit of making Catholics sound like devils. And that is not while discussing theology. For example, in this thread here.

If you have something particular to say, do it in another htread lets not hijack this one. You won´t find one post where I say catholics are irredimable fiends (most very religious catholics I´ve known are very good people). I say they have irredimable thoughts. The difference is that when their thoughts change, they are left untainted by such thoughts. It´s like what you think on homosexuality. I don´t judge the believer, I just denounce the belief.

Again, I will leave it at this. If you feel something interesting to talk here, let´s make another thread and you invite me there ;) :)

Though I do believe that "hell is eternal is not cool" threads exist widely. Idk, if the title should beanother one or a personal debate, I think there is a part of the forum for it. I don´t take any of it personal as long as you are talking of your views about my views. :)

Faxecura

Kids are often brats who pick on others for a variety of reasons such as social acceptance and egoism; that isnt the issue here, no what is truly worrying is that this points to a high level of racism in the culture of either the school or the surrounding society and it will only get worse as these bratty bigots get bigger because they represent the mindset of the next generation.... either fix their attitude early or prepare some pillow cases and scissors for the next brat clan meeting... because teaparties and playdates are so 20th century

It goes both ways. When I was in school, I was insulted and harassed for being Catholic.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Too bad I can't take a belt or a stick to the boys harassing her. Teaching kids actual lessons these days seems to be forbidden.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
In my experience, although this is situation quite out there, there is a lot more very subtle bullying, not necessarily about religion. Often its just the cool 'gang'. I think if we dug deeper we'd discover a lot more of it than we might ever imagine. Exclusion is a very common practise, perhaps the most common.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Too bad I can't take a belt or a stick to the boys harassing her. Teaching kids actual lessons these days seems to be forbidden.

And what is this 'lesson' you can teach with a stick? Sounds eerily similar to the 'lesson' in the other thread for insubordinate wives.