• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Love" - The Ultimate Love Song Collection

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Now, on that hill, One flower grows
They say it is the spirit of Kentucky Rose

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Mirror-in-the-sky? What is love?

Can I handle the seasons of life?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Don't you ever say, I just walked away.
I came in like a wrecking ball.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
This one goes out to my friend @vulcanlogician ,

Hey man, I hope everything in your life that's intended to be square and regular is, and everything else isn't, assuming things, squares, and regulars exist. Otherwise, please disregard and be happy. Ignorance is bliss.

"I Love You for Purely Psychological Reasons"

McBell

Admiral Obvious
"Every time I tried to tell you the words just came out wrong
So I'll have to say I love you in a song"

McBell

Admiral Obvious

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
'Til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

McBell

Admiral Obvious
"Truth is
I'm gonna be here for a long, long time
I'll stay forever or 'til you say goodbye
Don't need a neon moon to make my night shine
And if you need some lovin' proof
Just reach out
The truth is lyin' next to you"

McBell

Admiral Obvious
"Let's hold hands on the porch swing under the moon
While the wind through the willows plays us a tune
We can lie on a blanket, out back in the yard
And wish for our future on a faraway star

And you'll feel the passion as time after time
I press your sweet lips to mine
We can dance to the radio, right up 'til dawn
'Til you drift off to dream in my arms"

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@VoidCat , I thought of you while putting together this quartet. It's bookends are songs from musicals, and you seem to like modern musicals. Musicals are dramatic. The songs do not usually move the plot, that's opera. In a musical, the song punctuates the plot, emphasizing the emotional content at significant points. That's one of the reasons I love songs from musicals. I love the emotions which are behind the music.

The other reason I thought of you, is because you have shown significant interest in Judaism. In a lot of ways Judaism is a musical religious practice. Not only do we do a lot of singing in our rituals, but, in general, Judaism is about harmony. It's not a religion which is ringing one note, and that one note is expected to clear and clean the world of its dross impurities. ( I was in the park yesterday, and a group was seated in the grass meditating, while one of the individuals was loudly and repeatedly ringing a bell. I liked it, but I prefer harmony. Multiple instruments, multiple voices, etc.. )

IN the last two songs, there are non-english lyrics, kind of like a jazz singer? "Oh-blah-dee, Oh-blad-dah... " "Chang-chang-changity-chang-chah-bop..." These, are, basically what we would call in Chassidic Judaism: "nigunim". Or in singular the: "nigun". Short "i" and Short "u" vowel sounds. "Nih-guhn".

A niggun is a melody that we sing when Chassidic Jews gather together. It's a melody without words, because, words cannot capture what is happening in the heart and mind. Respectfully, It reminds me of stimming to a degree. I wonder if there's a connection here?

There's a place for us >>> Romeo and Juliet >>> Oh-blah-dee, Oh blah-dah >>> We go together

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
@VoidCat , I thought of you while putting together this quartet. It's bookends are songs from musicals, and you seem to like modern musicals. Musicals are dramatic. The songs do not usually move the plot, that's opera. In a musical, the song punctuates the plot, emphasizing the emotional content at significant points. That's one of the reasons I love songs from musicals. I love the emotions which are behind the music.

The other reason I thought of you, is because you have shown significant interest in Judaism. In a lot of ways Judaism is a musical religious practice. Not only do we do a lot of singing in our rituals, but, in general, Judaism is about harmony. It's not a religion which is ringing one note, and that one note is expected to clear and clean the world of its dross impurities. ( I was in the park yesterday, and a group was seated in the grass meditating, while one of the individuals was loudly and repeatedly ringing a bell. I liked it, but I prefer harmony. Multiple instruments, multiple voices, etc.. )

IN the last two songs, there are non-english lyrics, kind of like a jazz singer? "Oh-blah-dee, Oh-blad-dah... " "Chang-chang-changity-chang-chah-bop..." These, are, basically what we would call in Chassidic Judaism: "nigunim". Or in singular the: "nigun". Short "i" and Short "u" vowel sounds. "Nih-guhn".

A niggun is a melody that we sing when Chassidic Jews gather together. It's a melody without words, because, words cannot capture what is happening in the heart and mind. Respectfully, It reminds me of stimming to a degree. I wonder if there's a connection here?

There's a place for us >>> Romeo and Juliet >>> Oh-blah-dee, Oh blah-dah >>> We go together

Speaking of Judaism...i been listening to the hebrew aleph bet at home...the first 6 letters are stuck in my head. So I keep singing Aleph bet vet gimmel dalet hay at work since its stuck in my head. Now kids keep repeating it. I played the full song at one point cuz a kid was wondering what I was singing and wanted to know the full song.

...i may end up with a full class of toddlers singing Hebrew and their parents will be like what the heck are my kids saying?

Chill. It's just the aleph bet.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Learning Hebrew is very popular for non-Jews.
I dont doubt it. The kids here love the song tho...add it to the list of other languages outside english they been exposed to. Some the teachers here speak Spanish and talk to the kids in it, some include ASL, and i sing in french and german to them at times. Might as well add the Hebrew aleph bet.