• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love

Meshak

I'm not talking about standards.

I am talking about Jesus' standards, not Christians. True Christians aiming to be like Jesus and to live His standards. Secular world do not try to have Jesus' standards which is super high..

Me Myself

Back to my username
There is another difference between God's love reflected in Christ and Man's love.

Man's love becomes manifest when the need in the recipient has become obvious and if the giver knows how.

God's love is always present leading and assisting even before a need becomes obvious. And God's love allows for the most growth and is wise.

Man's love is not always wise. God's love is always wise.

Thats a difference in the being, not in the love.

Love is love, and in an on itself is wise. Whether the context you had of the situation was wise is another thing.

Human love is a form of God's love.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I am talking about Jesus' standards, not Christians. True Christians aiming to be like Jesus and to live His standards. Secular world do not try to have Jesus' standards which is super high..

Actions are better than standards, and in actions, christians do not surpass non christians.

Unless you have some statistics showing otherwise.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Jesus tells us to" love your enemy". Jesus' enemy is non-believers, friend.

Nope. Jesus enemies are those who do not help their neighbour.

Non believers that help their neighbour help Jesus, and as such, are not his enemies.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Non believers that help their neighbour help Jesus, and as such, are not his enemies.

Are you referring to the illustration of the sheep and the goats? I think it does not mean that.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Are you referring to the illustration of the sheep and the goats? I think it does not mean that.

"But when did I saw you naked and gave you cloth? When did I saw you hungry and fed you? When where you in jail and I visited you?"

I am sure an lot of atheists have done a lot of good for Jesus, by the same token he might see other people calling themselves christians and he may tell them "I never knew you. Not by saying "Lord Lord" you get into the kingdom, but by doing the will of the Father "

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"But when did I saw you naked and gave you cloth? When did I saw you hungry and fed you? When where you in jail and I visited you?"

I am sure an lot of atheists have done a lot of good for Jesus, by the same token he might see other people calling themselves christians and he may tell them "I never knew you. Not by saying "Lord Lord" you get into the kingdom, but by doing the will of the Father "

The words Jesus said have spiritual meaning. Correct? It is his word that he has spoken that will save you. How can an atheist be saved by the words of Yehoshua? The illustration of the sheep and the goats mean something else. It is not too difficult to know it.

Me Myself

Back to my username
The words Jesus said have spiritual meaning. Correct? It is his word that he has spoken that will save you. How can an atheist be saved by the words of Yehoshua? The illustration of the sheep and the goats mean something else. It is not too difficult to know it.

I am not Understanding your mental gymnastics. He is very clearly saying that if you did good to your neighbor, you did good to him.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not Understanding your mental gymnastics. He is very clearly saying that if you did good to your neighbor, you did good to him.

No. He very clearly says if you do good to the least of his brothers, you do good to him. Are you saying everyone is Jesus' brother? How?

Meshak

Originally Posted by Me Myself

Jesus expects all His followers to love everyone around them even their enemy. that is everyone, no exceptions..

Me Myself

Back to my username
[/I]

Jesus expects all His followers to love everyone around them even their enemy. that is everyone, no exceptions..

Jesus apostles failed his expectations on a routinely basis.

Expectations do reveal a lack of omniscience though.