• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love

Me Myself

Back to my username
Well, my life is different than yours, isn't it? You insult me because I am sharing what I have learned about people. You do not like what I have seen. So I am "no better" than what? You? How much lower than you am I?

Where has she insulted you? She said your point was unrealistic. this was a remark about your point, not you.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I also think its good to remember a Chinese phrase "love me most when
I least deserve it, because it is when I must need it"

I think it is very true.

As Buddha said, if someone gives you anger you must reply him with love. Anger does not end with more anger, anger ends with enough love. (I may have done heavy paraphrasing there. :D )

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm not talking about standards. I'm talking about what people actually do. And unless you are being willfully blind, compassion and self-sacrifice are not limited to Christians. Christians don't even tend to do that better or more frequently than the rest of us.

It is sad, but true. The conversation though was about Christ's love, not Christian love. Christ's love is far, far superior than any love.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Well, my life is different than yours, isn't it? You insult me because I am sharing what I have learned about people. You do not like what I have seen. So I am "no better" than what? You? How much lower than you am I?

I was saying that your point was no better than Meshak's.

And really? You've learned that no one but Christians can be compassionate to those who don't deserve compassion? I don't think that is something that you would learn by watching people because if you were watching people, you'd see that that is complete BS. That is dogma and seeing what you want to see.

Me Myself

Back to my username
It is sad, but true. The conversation though was about Christ's love, not Christian love. Christ's love is far, far superior than any love.

Yu are not in the christina DIR. Without any evidence, the assmption that
Christ love is unreachable is... Well, very very assumptious :D

To be perfectly fair, we have as much evidence of s existence as we have evidence about Horus.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member

That may be true, but I have my doubts. Even Christ's love, after all, doesn't extend to non believers.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yu are not in the christina DIR. Without any evidence, the assmption that
Christ love is unreachable is... Well, very very assumptious :D

To be perfectly fair, we have as much evidence of s existence as we have evidence about Horus.

I am not talking theory. I personally KNOW Christ's love.

Me Myself

Back to my username

And really? You've learned that no one but Christians can be compassionate to those who don't deserve compassion? I don't think that is something that you would learn by watching people because if you were watching people, you'd see that that is complete BS. That is dogma and seeing what you want to see.

I wonder how much contact she has with non christians. Little contact would explain a lot. Also the places and situations in which her little contact happens.

Maybe truly she has not seen that much.

I have in real life seen too few atheists, and cannot say I have seen them doing charity work beyond the "thanks"

I do know of one of them that risked his life in a building where no christiani wanted to, because no one was giving blood to an old worker there, so he gaveore than was safe, because ere was no more time for the worker...

Both lived, but I assume he was thanked a lot :D

Then again, that is lucky me, because
I have met like 4 atheists inn real life. Lucky I met one with such good values that go beyond the norm :)

Me Myself

Back to my username
I am not talking theory. I personally KNOW Christ's love.

I am sure Christ loves you, but objectively speaking, I assume you don't have more evidence than as much evidence a kid has of the love of his imaginary friend towards him.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
That is a false teaching. It is not true.

Ok.

I don't think that humans are perfect or able to be perfect in anything they do. We should strive to do our best, but I don't think that we should beat ourselves up when we can't obtain it. I think that humans are able to love, and love very beautifully. We are able to be compassionate, generous, kind, thoughtful, altruistic, self-sacrificing, and in love. We cannot love like a God can because we are not Gods. But we can love like humans can, which is very well indeed.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

My husband loves me more than his own life but if I am contentious he is insufferable and all I can think about is fleeing. Also I have found over and over again on three forums that if I say just one thing contrary many people put me on ignore. Why not see how few frubals I have? Nice huh?

Me Myself

Back to my username
My husband loves me more than his own life but if I am contentious he is insufferable and all I can think about is fleeing. Also I have found over and over again on three forums that if I say just one thing contrary many people put me on ignore. Why not see how few frubals I have? Nice huh?

I am not following your point.

Inconditional love is beyond most people's habits, regretably.

Still, some really remarkable people exist.

I gave you the example of an atheist I knew, that was my teacher. He gave a lot of blood to a worker in his building, he wasnt even a ffriend, just a worker there he rarely saw, but his co-workers wereent supporting him with blood donations, so he did. He gave him all the blood he needed, even at the risk of s life.

Both survived. It was a nice story :). Then again, people risk their lifes for strangers all the time.

I remember a brother of a friend of mine. His family is not christian. There was a beggar asking for stuff (ts was a kid beggar). Neier my friend nor her mother payed attention to her, but her brother took the toy he had and gave it to her.

Life is full of love, and humans are full of love. The reason we dont love more is that we dont focus on this love. Jesus told us to love each other they way he loved us. I dont think he asked us something we cannot fulfill.

I dont think you need to have heard Jesus to be comitted to love unconditionally either. You just have to decide that you want to love. For some really exceptional people, there is not even a choice :)

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I dont think you need to have heard Jesus to be comitted to love unconditionally either.

I agree.

To love makes some people feel good. Do you understand that is the condition? Unconditional love is unconditional. Jesus loves even when he suffers to do so. Even when it does not feel good. That is the kind of love that is possible. I did not said it never happens. You told me I said it never happens.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I agree.

To love makes some people feel good. Do you understand that is the condition? Unconditional love is unconditional. Jesus loves even when he suffers to do so. Even when it does not feel good. That is the kind of love that is possible. I did not said it never happens. You told me I said it never happens.

The resson Jesus went to the cross for us, its because it felt better to do so for us than to not do so for us. The pain of the cross was nothing in comparison to the idea of abandoning us. That if he died to help us expiate sins ( I d call it karma)

Sffering because of love and feeling pleasure because of thar very same love is not only not contradictory, but it is the most common way of loving. I dont think I can think on someone who was or is capable of loving without any suffering.

Though a picture comes to mind:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...xQpYAUX7bOl4BAAIwDpgqZA&bvm=bv.43287494,d.eWU

Me Myself

Back to my username
It is impossible to love without feeling good because of love. If you do so, then that is attachment, but definetely not love.

Love is good in itself. It releases endorphins.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is another difference between God's love reflected in Christ and Man's love.

Man's love becomes manifest when the need in the recipient has become obvious and if the giver knows how.

God's love is always present leading and assisting even before a need becomes obvious. And God's love allows for the most growth and is wise.

Man's love is not always wise. God's love is always wise.