• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love

Meshak

Do you really believe that non-Christians can't or don't love?

Not in Jesus' way. I was of the world for a long time, and I know how their love works. It is so different. Jesus' love is sacrificial love. Jesus teaches us to live for others. Jesus teaches us unconditional love. But that does not mean we accommodate viscious behaviors at others expense.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I thought of a simple way to explain how to fashion love after the love of Christ. We are on the lookout for anyone who is seeking righteousness, meekness and the love of God and encourage them. Anyone. It matters not who they are or where they came from. We expect nothing in return.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
LOL. How long do you have? If I can think of a simply put answer I'll get back to you about that.

Not in Jesus' way. I was of the world for a long time, and I know how their love works. It is so different. Jesus' love is sacrificial love. Jesus teaches us to live for others. Jesus teaches us unconditional love. But that does not mean we accommodate viscious behaviors at others expense.

You don't think that non-Christians can be altruistic? Sacrificial? What about Ghandi? Every single hero firefighter, police man, soldier, bystander etc were all Christians?

I think your belief does not conform to reality.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You don't think that non-Christians can be altruistic? Sacrificial? What about Ghandi? Every single hero firefighter, police man, soldier, bystander etc were all Christians?

I think your belief does not conform to reality.

You are right. I believe man is created in God's image. A person does not have to choose Christianity to reflect unselfish love. The difference between an unselfish act of love and being a follower of Yehoshua is the disciple will be learning to do it more fully all the time. We learn to think it.

Gandhi was not fond of Christians I have heard. And neither am I fond of many people calling themselves Christians. I know they are not fond of me.

It is possible Gandhi was Christ's disciple imo.

Wherenextcolumbus

Oh? How do you know?

The devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and there splender. "All this I will give you," he said "if you will bow down and worship me."
Jesus said to him "Away from me Satan! For it is written, 'worship The Lord your God and worship him only."

So he was testing his loyalty to God. If Jesus worshiped Satan would he not become a fallen Angel like Satan?

Straw Dog

Who do you think was the first to do so?

I don't know. The ancient Greeks, the ancient Chinese, the ancient Hebrews, the ancient... everybody. Well, not literally everyone, but different schools of thought advocated agape. I suppose Jesus may have been first to equate God with agape, but there are parallels to the ancient Chinese school of Mohism that emphasized the duty of universal love for example.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Who do you think was the first to do so?

It probably was one of those concepts that arose multiple times in multiple different cultures. (It doesn't really matter who was "first" if your culture had no contact with them, and therefore, independently came up with it.)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and there splender. "All this I will give you," he said "if you will bow down and worship me."
Jesus said to him "Away from me Satan! For it is written, 'worship The Lord your God and worship him only."

So he was testing his loyalty to God. If Jesus worshiped Satan would he not become a fallen Angel like Satan?

Satan reflects the spirit of the world. Picture the world saying the above to Christ. Do they not say it? "Prove you exist and we will worship you".

He was trying his patience, not his loyalty.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know. The ancient Greeks, the ancient Chinese, the ancient Hebrews, the ancient... everybody. Well, not literally everyone, but different schools of thought advocated agape. I suppose Jesus may have been first to equate God with agape, but there are parallels to the ancient Chinese school of Mohism that emphasized the duty of universal love for example.

The Greeks and Hebrews? Is slavery in agreement with agape? Uh. No. Yehoshua is the first to rule in accord with agape.

Wherenextcolumbus

Also I still don't get it because Satan asks Jesus to worship him, and Jesus refuses saying he will only worship one God as it is written in the Torah, thus proving his loyalty to God??

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Also I still don't it because Satan asks Jesus to worship him, and Jesus refuses saying he will only worship one God as it is written in the Torah, thus proving his loyalty to God??

His baptism proved his loyalty to God. How many times do you think a person must PROVE something? I think once.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's irrelevant. Why would Satan asked to be worshipped and Jesus refuse saying he will only worship one God if he could not rebel against God?

It is not a recreation. It is a parable. Ever hear of The Great Teacher?