• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Make Rape Legal" Men's Group Plans Events in 43 Countries for Saturday

Do you think we should teach men not to rape?

• Total voters

Thanda

MLM = men who love men
WLW = women who love women

When they say avoid relationships with women, do they just mean commitment or sex and commitment?

I'm all for men not having sex with women, however the comparision is still not apt.

It's mostly commitment from what I can tell, though others take is as far as sex since a lady can get pregnant and that may still put them in a bind.

Why exactly are you all for men not having sex with women? Is it something you just allow or is it something you encourage?

Wherenextcolumbus

It's mostly commitment from what I can tell, though others take is as far as sex since a lady can get pregnant and that may still put them in a bind.

Why exactly are you all for men not having sex with women? Is it something you just allow or is it something you encourage?

I see, so you answered your own question then in terms of making a ridiculous comparison.

It is something I allow.

I support radical women who are already questioning their sexuality and are unhappy in their relationships with men, to try celibacy from men and focusing their energy on maintaining a strong female support system.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
You fail to understand, it's not simply holding an opinion but rather holding an opinion that may damage society and affect one group negatively, either psychologically or physically.

I've not heard that this person is telling people to go out and rape people. I've just heard that he believes that rape should be made legal on private property. A ridiculous notion that should be tackled with logic and reason rather than suppression

Do you think it would be ok for a religious leader to hold an opinion where people not of that particular religion are to be subjected to violence or ridicule?

That depends how they are expressing said opinion.

I actually can not believe I am having a discussion on whether or not it's ok to hold pro-rape views

I'm not going to defend this persons abhorrent views. However, while he's just talking about what he believes should and shouldn't be legal, I'll defend his right to say it.

Tomorrows_Child

They are advocating for a change in law. They are not advocating for people to do it while it is still illegal. That what they are asking for is morally repulsive is not in question. What is in question is whether or not they should have a right to ask for it.

If a religion asks that they be given a legal right to do violence to other groups, that is up to them. What they are asking for is morally repulsive but their right to ask for it is not.

You say that but people have been barred from entering or preaching in the UK for far less than what this group is asking/doing. And just because this group states they simply want a change in law, don't you think such men would be capable of acts of rape without it being legal? We already live in a country with rape at epidemic proportions, we don't need more of this nonsense.

Thanda

You say that but people have been barred from entering or preaching in the UK for far less than what this group is asking/doing. And just because this group states they simply want a change in law, don't you think such men would be capable of acts of rape without it being legal? We already live in a country with rape at epidemic proportions, we don't need more of this nonsense.

They very well could be capable of rape. But there is no law against being capable of rape. We should rather use the same free speech their utilizing to condemn their actions wherever possible.But let us not allow the government to be the one who decides who gets to say what.