• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Male Gay Characteristics

Secret Chief

Degrow!
I have on occasion been mistaken for being gay.
(I of course am only speaking of the times I know about)

Interestingly enough, it has never once been by a gay/lesbian individual.
It has always been by straights....
Interesting point. Yes this is from a straight woman.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
This was unexpected...
A woman that I have worked with for about a year somehow managed to mention in conversation that she had assumed I was gay. Have you not heard me mention the word "wife" I asked. She had, but it didn't seem crucial in her assessment. I was bemused. She became embarrassed so I didn't ask how she had come to this apparently obvious conclusion.
(It's not that long ago that a woman was seriously hitting on me so I don't think I'm the most camp man on the planet).
So.... what could she have been making this assessment on? Aside from the obvious (whatever that might be) what would make you assume a man is gay?
years ago, my best friend and I hung out together all the time, we were even in a band together. His older brother, who had meant his girl friend and had seen the woman I was dating, asked us one night at a rehearsal of the band if we were gay, because we always seemed to be together. My friend said no, I said no and then his brother looked at me and said...go ahead, punch me in the face, I deserve it for being so stupid..... My response was...no, that would be to easy, I'd rather you live with this for a long time....... he must have asked me 10 more times that night to punch him in the face for being an idiot.....

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
"Canadian psychologist Nicholas Rule studies social intuitions—the snap judgments we make about people we’ve just met. In a series of experiments, he and his colleagues tested people’s abilities to judge others’ sexual orientation, and came to the conclusion that gaydar is real. And the way it works tells us a lot about the nature of social intuitions in general."

It really is thing. Gaydar.