• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Many many Chariot wheels found at bottom of Red sea.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I would never call God a liar. Its you claiming God lied. Show us the lie you claim God did.
You do not know that you are doing that, but that is what you are doing. It appears that even you know that you are doing that. Why else would you refuse to learn the basics of science?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Let me get this right, do you think that the emergence of the Jewish people, religion and all developed during the Great Persian Empire?

If you're truly interested, peruse ...
The implication is that what we think of as Israel underwent dramatic population transfers which, among other things drove much of the scribal class south. Similar population reshuffling occurred in the wake of the Babylonian conquest and exile.

With the Persian victory, the desire was for a stable vassal state in Judah-Samaria, and that meant that the mixed multitude of that area begin to conceive themselves as a people with a mandate. What threads of Hebrew scripture were written by whom and when I do not know, but I suspect that the final redactions were post exilic, and that various forces competed to mold the characteristics of peoplehood that would finally emerge.

When you say ...

"I do think that there might be a historical incident, an escaping of slaves on a large scale which was magnified in to miraculous events."​

... I'm simply suggesting that a far more impactful historical catalyst would have been the impact of Assyria, Babylonia, and Persia on a little strip of land that separated those major powers in the north from Egypt in the south.

Because of the "Bible" - however defined - we in the West view the area being discussed through a laughably distorting "Israel" lens. In fact, for most of its history, Judah and Samaria were bit players in a much, much larger stage.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
i see you can't show a lie from God. Its just in your imagination.
Not at all. All of the scientific evidence tells us that there was no worldwide flood. All of the scientific evidence in the world tells us that there never were just two people and that we are the product of evolution.

Let's go over your flood. It would take over five miles of vertical water to cover all of the mountains in the world. Why is there no scientific evidence at all that shows us that this ever happened?

servant1

Not at all. All of the scientific evidence tells us that there was no worldwide flood. All of the scientific evidence in the world tells us that there never were just two people and that we are the product of evolution.

Let's go over your flood. It would take over five miles of vertical water to cover all of the mountains in the world. Why is there no scientific evidence at all that shows us that this ever happened?
it was 1000,s of years ago.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
i didn't refute it ever. Those who stand in opposition, being ruled by satan refute God wrote the bible.
No, just because you do not realize how you failed does not mean that you did not do so. You made claims that you should have been able to support if they were true, but you could not. That refutes what you said. Your inaction refuted yourself.

servant1

So what? We have evidence of even older floods that were nowhere near as huge. The records of those older smaller floods can still be seen today but there is no evidence of a larger one. That makes no sense at all.
God easily could have meant the earth parts that were inhabited by humans. He does disguise many things in his bible.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
God easily could have meant the earth parts that were inhabited by humans. He does disguise many things in his bible.
This does not make any sense. And now you are just making weak excuses. The sciences that allows you to communicate here refutes the Genesis tales. By using the internet, even by driving your car, you tacitly admit that the Bible is wrong.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
dream on.
It is what you did. You really need to learn quite a bit You should study up on how to make a rational argument. You should learn what is and what is not evidence.

It is obvious that you believe, but beliefs have consequences. You refuting yourself is a consequence of your beliefs, even if you do not understand how you did that.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
If you're truly interested, peruse ...
The implication is that what we think of as Israel underwent dramatic population transfers which, among other things drove much of the scribal class south. Similar population reshuffling occurred in the wake of the Babylonian conquest and exile.

With the Persian victory, the desire was for a stable vassal state in Judah-Samaria, and that meant that the mixed multitude of that area begin to conceive themselves as a people with a mandate. What threads of Hebrew scripture were written by whom and when I do not know, but I suspect that the final redactions were post exilic, and that various forces competed to mold the characteristics of peoplehood that would finally emerge.

When you say ...

"I do think that there might be a historical incident, an escaping of slaves on a large scale which was magnified in to miraculous events."​

... I'm simply suggesting that a far more impactful historical catalyst would have been the impact of Assyria, Babylonia, and Persia on a little strip of land that separated those major powers in the north from Egypt in the south.

Because of the "Bible" - however defined - we in the West view the area being discussed through a laughably distorting "Israel" lens. In fact, for most of its history, Judah and Samaria were bit players in a much, much larger stage.
Yes. I am interested and want to read more.
I can't say anything else just now.... will just need a very long time to read up about all this.

At first view all I can perceive is the entire history of the Israelite people seeming to disappear. Now that's a shocker even for a detached gentile to figure out.

Thank you for your posts.

servant1

This does not make any sense. And now you are just making weak excuses. The sciences that allows you to communicate here refutes the Genesis tales. By using the internet, even by driving your car, you tacitly admit that the Bible is wrong.
Mans science is flawed-0 doubt in all creation.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Mans science is flawed-0 doubt in all creation.
Science is not perfect, but it beats the Bible all to heck and by your actions you tacitly admit that. The Bible can be shown to be wrong again and again, not just scientifically, but morally, historically, and in just about any other way that you can judge it.

But I do not think that you are willing to learn.

servant1

Science is not perfect, but it beats the Bible all to heck and by your actions you tacitly admit that. The Bible can be shown to be wrong again and again, not just scientifically, but morally, historically, and in just about any other way that you can judge it.

But I do not think that you are willing to learn.
God has taught me well. I would be a fool to believe mortals who stand in opposition.