• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Many many Chariot wheels found at bottom of Red sea.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why can't we all just agree to disagree please? :sparklingheart:
Because that would shut down RF!
I thought we were here because we were interested in others' ideas, interested in truth and learning things.
We learn truth by critically examining claims -- otherwise we'd end up with 10,000 different claims and no clue as to which, if any, were true.

Personally I'm here to learn, and I want to know what's true vs what's not. I assumed, by your presence here, that you were also interested in truth. But uncritically accepting whatever you're told, or agreeing to disagree, isn't a way to truth. You find truth by looking for flaws in claims.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Why can't we all just agree to disagree please? :sparklingheart:
. . . because we would no longer be a diverse forum with many conflicting views. On top of that your vies are too extreme to me to agree to disagree,
If we did that we would also all go to the sample temple, and debate only fine points splitting frog hairs. and agree to disagree.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I admitted the red sea footage was error. But archeologists dug many sights proving the bible stories of them were truth.
This claim goes far beyond any known academic evidence of the Middle East ancient history You have failed to present any evidence documenting these claims of "proof." . None have been documented.

Tomef

I just watched a video showing they found encrusted chariot wheels stretching from Nuwerba beach to the Saudi arabian side of red sea=Proof the exodus occurred.
I always thought they should be able to find some proof.
The ancient world equivalent of shopping trolleys.

servant1

There are dozens of gospels, but even the four chosen for inclusion by early church leaders do not quite match. None are signed, and the first editions published were unattributed. The evangelists' names were added later, probably to add credibility. All four were written several generations after the fact.
No eyewitness to Jesus are known. The information we have are the various, apocryphal gospel stories, and narratives like Josephus', written about the Christians and their beliefs.
Only Mark and John were actual eyewitnesses.
I am confident God put his 66 books together how he wants them.

ppp

Oh i did err, only Mark and John were eyewitnesses--thus you erred as well. Nice to teach each other truth.
Neither the Gospel of Mark nor the Gospel of John claim to be eyewitness accounts. It is the consensus on NT scholars (both Christian and non-Christian) that neither Mark nor John were written by the Disciples to whom the names are attached.

servant1

Neither the Gospel of Mark nor the Gospel of John claim to be eyewitness accounts. It is the consensus on NT scholars (both Christian and non-Christian) that neither Mark nor John were written by the Disciples to whom the names are attached.
I just googled it. Mark and John were both eyewitnesses.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Only Mark and John were actual eyewitnesses.
I am confident God put his 66 books together how he wants them.
We don't even know who wrote Mark and John; and what makes you think they were eyewitnesses when Bible scholars don't?

On what objective, factual evidence do you base your confidence that the 66 Bible books are those approved of by God? Is your confidence even evidence-based?
Biblical configuration has changed over the centuries, has it not? The present configurations, except perhaps Revelation, were voted on by various sects in power at the time.

WonderingWorrier

Jesus and the Apostles quote the Old Testament quite a bit.

Do you think they speak of the Old Testament words bread and wine or not?

As in the bread, oil, and wine:
"And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart". Psalm

"And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants". Samuel.

"Until I come and take you away to a land like your own land, a land of corn and wine, a land of bread and vineyards, a land of oil olive" Kings.

Do you agree the above Old Testament verses have the words bread and wine together as part of a set?

A specific set of unheard words:
"And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel". Hosea.

The Corn (Grain) is as the Bread in the set, as the Olive is as the Oil in the set, and the Grape is as the Wine in the set:

Bread - Oil - Wine
Corn - Olive - Grape
Field - Oliveyard - Vineyard

Just like the Sea, River, and Stream are as a set:
"And the Lord shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod". Isaiah.

Do you agree, or not?

Edit:
When the tongue of man is destroyed anything is possible. Look down through these sets of words in bold:

Bread - Oil - Wine
Corn - Olive - Grape
Field - Oliveyard - Vineyard
Red - Purple - Blue
Sea - River - Stream

There is a clear way through the Red Sea, as if it was a Corn Field.

Last edited: