• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Many many Chariot wheels found at bottom of Red sea.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17 New King James Version

I believe a lot of information in life is useful, but first and foremost I believe the words and direction in the Bible before anything else, and I try to stay busy on all the words in the Bible not the words, theories or concepts that are not in the Bible.

Last edited:

walt

No. Orbits are determined by physics; by mass, velocity, &c. They're calculable.
And what does life have to do with anything? Is there any evidence that life was planned, and a salubrious environment was intentionally designed to accommodate it?
I respect your view and reasoning on things. :sparklingheart:

walt

That is like saying you respect his opinion and reasoning that ice melts, or that fire burns wood. All this stuff is easily observable.
No matter how anybody slices it, the Bible gives me instruction superior to anything else. That's just my take on it, you have your own take.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Honestly if you can't recognize it would take a God, for the sun and earth to stay at this perfect distance. What's the point of any conversation?
The distance is not "perfect". What makes you think that our orbit has to be precise? It varies a bit over the millennia. The Earth-Sun distance varies annually by 5 million kilometers or 3.2 million miles.

walt

The distance is not "perfect". What makes you think that our orbit has to be precise? It varies a bit over the millennia. The Earth-Sun distance varies annually by 5 million kilometers or 3.2 million miles.
I am not talking about or orbit, I am talking about the distance between the sun and the earth.

walt

The distance is not "perfect".
The word perfect is relative to the conversation, for life to continue to exist for literally thousands of days and years, I would say is extremely perfect.

Not even one day goes by where the sun or earth moves too close to each other or too far away, creating too much heat or too much cold for life to continue to exist, I would say that is the perfect distance between.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The same way you do it, what makes better sense to you, is what I do, what makes better sense to me.

What makes sense to one person is trash for another person vice versa.
I do not make that error. I do not go by "what makes better sense". I follow the evidence. Sadly I have found that many people do not even understand the concept of evidence.

It appears that you have admitted to not having a rational basis for your beliefs which means that you cannot "know".

ppp

No matter how anybody slices it, the Bible gives me instruction superior to anything else. That's just my take on it, you have your own take.
That is no more interesting that telling what brand underwear you prefer. Or your type of pillow.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The word perfect is relative to the conversation, for life to continue to exist for literally thousands of days and years, I would say is extremely perfect.

Not even one day goes by where the sun or earth moves too close to each other or too far away, creating too much heat or too much cold for life to continue to exist, I would say that is perfect.
In that sense then there could be much greater range in distance that is limited by our current orbit. That is why I said that For the Solar System the Goldilocks Zone goes from almost the orbit of Venus to over 2/3 of the distance from the Earth to Mars' orbit:

walt

Very good, you can copy and paste. Our orbit is as I just posted not the only possible orbit for a planet to have life on it in our Solar System.
Thanks for the conversation I like conversations that go somewhere, thanks very much.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Thanks for the conversation I like conversations that go somewhere, thanks very much.
Do you see why I objected to your claim of a "perfect distance". You probably got your claim from Christian apologists. I have to warn you that they are not reliable sources. They far too often are willing to lie to defend their beliefs. An apologist is paid to support the Christian faith no matter what and that makes them far less than reliable. They do not get in trouble if they are caught Lying for Jesus. Scientists on the other hand want the truth and only the truth. A scientist can lose his job if he ever willfully lies. A scientist can be wrong. There is no problem with that happening. But lying will end a career.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why can't we all just agree to disagree please? :sparklingheart:
There is no problem with disagreeing. A person has a right to be wrong. But if a person posts 2 + 2 = 5 I will correct them. They can continue to believe that it is five, but I will correct them every time and even tell them how we know that they are wrong.