• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Many many Chariot wheels found at bottom of Red sea.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
I believe they are. And I believe that different doctrines confound the issue. I have experienced that from among others claiming to be Christian and steadfast in their personal belief that they are the one true Christians and all others are not. I can't make that judgement. I only have the word of others to go on and don't speak for God as some seem to imply they might.
Are you working?

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
I would like to give it a try If you are up for it, You pick the Bible subject and we will both look up scriptures we feel explain the Bible subject.

For example you find 10 scriptures and I find 10 scriptures.........Then we custom form a belief a belief according to what all 20 scriptures say.

None of our own ideas at first, Just keep it simple scriptural.......We take a little bit from all 20 scriptures to form a belief that is 100% scriptural and 0% our own ideas.
I'm willing to give it a try.

I have a few considerations. I hadn't expected to stay up late on here. I don't know if you are retired or not, but I am not and have to be up by 6 am tomorrow. So, I would like to extend this or continue it at a later time if you are amenable to that.

Are you a trinitarian? I am. If that is an issue, it may be a good choice for the subject. Even if you are, it may still be.

Another issue is that doing this is outside of the scope of the OP and would confound the rules and get us both into trouble. We need to find another thread for which this would be compatible or create one in the proper area.

If you have anything of a similar nature, let us consider that as well before jumping into this. Hopefully, we can make it a good go and learn something.

How does that sound to you?

walt

I'm willing to give it a try.

I have a few considerations. I hadn't expected to stay up late on here. I don't know if you are retired or not, but I am not and have to be up by 6 am tomorrow. So, I would like to extend this or continue it at a later time if you are amenable to that.

Are you a trinitarian? I am. If that is an issue, it may be a good choice for the subject. Even if you are, it may still be.

Another issue is that doing this is outside of the scope of the OP and would confound the rules and get us both into trouble. We need to find another thread for which this would be compatible or create one in the proper area.

If you have anything of a similar nature, let us consider that as well before jumping into this. Hopefully, we can make it a good go and learn something.

How does that sound to you?
I don't want to cause any problems, you let me know the better way to go about it? I had a stroke, so I do not work.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't want to cause any problems, you let me know the better way to go about it? I had a stroke, so I do not work.
Sorry to hear about that. I worry about that sometimes. It was a fear of my fathers given his BP issues and heart problems.

Are you on tomorrow evening or this weekend?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I will see you later then. :)
You too.

I'll leave you with a little more information if it helps. In my entire memory, I have always gone to church. I found God when I was 13. I am a scientist. Biology and chemistry. My graduate work was in entomology. And I've spent 25 years working as an entomologist in agriculture and now work in materials science on the operations side. Personally, I rather like the pure science of natural history over the applied, but applied work pays well. I'm not greedy, but I'm not stupid either. And working on applied problems helps people too. I tend to be more practical and pragmatic, especially when dealing with demonstrable claims. I have different interpretations of scripture based on that knowledge.

If that is a deal maker or deal breaker, I'm OK with either.

Have a good evening.

Reactions: ppp

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why not? You have failed again to explain your comments.

So how many times would it take to show you other specific sets of three words:

Like: "And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel".

And show you their overlap with what I have been previously showing.

Observe the corn:

Like the Cattle and the Corn are as one:
"The seven good kine are seven years; and the seven good ears are seven years: the dream is one".

Just as the Corn is as the sand of the Sea:
"And Joseph gathered corn as the sand of the sea, very much, until he left numbering; for it was without number".

Corn - Oil - Wine
Red - Purple - Blue
Sea - River - Stream
Cattle - Goat - Sheep
Brass - Silver - Gold

Above you can see corn is overlapping what I have been showing you in bold. It is another verification of the simple fact.

Are you really not able to understand the speech of overlapping sets of threes? It is very simple.

Consider if you cant even hear the words being said then everything you could ever show to disprove the words would be irrelevant. All your evidence would be useless and you would have to rethink the words from square one.

So how many times will it take to show you the overlapping sets of words are not just coincidence and are in the direction of author intent?
Your rambling nonsense does not need an explanation. You only focus on words that might mean something to you but have no meaning at all to anyone else.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Before Jerome translated he told the Catholic leader Gods name belongs in the NT= every spot OT is quoted and the name is in the Hebrew OT. Other scholars say it belongs in NT at those quoted spots.
Here is a prime example how it misleads all using the altered translations with Gods name removed.
Joel 2:31-32-Those who call on the name of YHVH(Jehovah) will be saved---quoted 2 x in NT-Acts 2:21-Heb 10:13. But since LORD is in the altered translations at Joel, Lord is in NT as well. And since Jesus is called Lord( 1 Cor 8:6)--they are mislead into believing it is his name to be called on to be saved.
So what? Some thought that name should be there, but no one could justify it. You have not justified it. The name Yahweh or Jehovah, or the silly four consonant versions of his name are all translations of a Hebrew name that very few people can even say. What difference does that make?

WonderingWorrier

Your rambling nonsense does not need an explanation. You only focus on words that might mean something to you but have no meaning at all to anyone else.

Wrong. Because I asked you how many times would it take showing the overlapping of new words to verify the concept to you. So I am not focused on words that mean something to me.

I am focusing on a starting point of showing a bigger picture. Try to understand the concept.

You could pick another biblical word. It doesn't matter where I start. The concept is the same.

WonderingWorrier

Jesus says but to everyone else I speak in parables and those seeing they will not see and though hearing they will not hear and understand.

Yeah Jesus said "Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word". John.

Have you heard the bread is the flesh and the wine is the blood?

It is an overlap of two different sets of three words. Bread, Oil, and Wine overlapping with Flesh, Bone, and Blood.

The bread is the flesh, the wine is the blood, and the oil is the bones.

See there are three words:
And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart. Psalm

See the Oil in the Bones:
As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones. Psalm

Here is a visual representation of what is being said:

Bread - Oil - Wine
Flesh
- Bone - Blood

In this way the words are true, the bread is the flesh, and the wine is the blood.

Can you hear what I am showing? Do you agree, or not?

(Note. I am not off subject as I am still talking about the Red Sea and the Exodus)

servant1

So what? Some thought that name should be there, but no one could justify it. You have not justified it. The name Yahweh or Jehovah, or the silly four consonant versions of his name are all translations of a Hebrew name that very few people can even say. What difference does that make?
Jesus showed all in the Lords prayer his Fathers name is the #1 issue for all involved.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Jesus showed all in the Lords prayer his Fathers name is the #1 issue for all involved.
How did he do that? You do not even know if he actually said that. The Gospels are works by anonymous people, not the ones on the titles, that were not eyewitnesses nor did they even appear to talk to any. They are hearsay at best. How would you show that the Bible is reliable in the first place? You cannot claim that it proves anything until you show that the Bible is reliable.

Can you think rationally? I was going to ask you why you reject other holy books but sadly you probably do not have a rational reason for doing so.

walt

Yeah Jesus said "Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word". John.

Have you heard the bread is the flesh and the wine is the blood?

It is an overlap of two different sets of three words. Bread, Oil, and Wine overlapping with Flesh, Bone, and Blood.

The bread is the flesh, the wine is the blood, and the oil is the bones.

See there are three words:
And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart. Psalm

See the Oil in the Bones:
As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones. Psalm

Here is a visual representation of what is being said:

Bread - Oil - Wine
Flesh
- Bone - Blood

In this way the words are true, the bread is the flesh, and the wine is the blood.

Can you hear what I am showing? Do you agree, or not?

(Note. I am not off subject as I am still talking about the Red Sea and the Exodus)
I was talking about Jesus parables and that he reveals all things to his disciples in private. I agree with you the bread is figurative for his body and the wine is figurative for his blood.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In your mind what is sufficient proof?
I'm not expecting proof, but I would like some good, testable evidence.
Off the top of my head, I couldn't say what particular evidence would convince me of an invisible, magical Creator, but I'd imagine the Author of the Universe would be able to come up with something convincing, if He were really interested in my credence.

walt

I'm not expecting proof, but I would like some good, testable evidence.
Off the top of my head, I couldn't say what particular evidence would convince me of an invisible, magical Creator, but I'd imagine the Author of the Universe would be able to come up with something convincing, if He were really interested in my credence.
I am sorry I got a little sidetracked, evidence for what?