• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marijuana ~ What is your opinion toward it?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
If you accept those reasons to not smoke weed as a christian, those same reasons could also be applied to alcohol, or any drug that distorts your decision making.

Makes me paranoid and act stupid. Don't really need any extra help in either of those departments. Don't like coffee. Don't like cigarettes.

My vice I suppose is religious forums.:run:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
As with most things, it depends on what you do with it.

I know people who use it maybe 3 or 4 times a year as part of an introspection exercise (or ritual). It seems to help tremendously.

I've also known people who use it all day long, every day (guessing anywhere up to 10 bowls a day). This seems pretty uniformly detrimental.
how about daily users who only smoke one bowl a day? after work dinner and chores before bed.

waitasec

Veteran Member
weed isn't for everyone just like certain foods aren't...
i can't drink milk, so why should i even if most people can?

same with weed, it works for some it doesn't for others...to each his own

if we have been able to justify alcohol as a part of our society it's just sheer stupidity that keeps weed weeded out ...it's just a dumb, stupid, ignorant and fearful bias.

i feel better now
:)

Iti oj

Premium Member
weed isn't for everyone just like certain foods aren't...
i can't drink milk, so why should i even if most people can?

same with weed, it works for some it doesn't for others...to each his own

if we have been able to justify alcohol as a part of our society it's just sheer stupidity that keeps weed weeded out ...it's just a dumb, stupid, ignorant and fearful bias.

i feel better now
:)
well as bad as alcohol is...historically speaking we owe it a lot it made society/exploration etc possible =D just sayen.

iu think it has out grown its usefulness

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I think, to me at least, the point here is that neither alcohol or cannabis is inherently bad, but given that many people tend to over do when partaking of intoxicants, I think we can agree that overdoing it on cannabis has rarely posed the same danger to oneself and others as alcohol.

Iti oj

Premium Member
I think, to me at least, the point here is that neither alcohol or cannabis is inherently bad, but given that many people tend to over do when partaking of intoxicants, I think we can agree that overdoing it on cannabis has rarely posed the same danger to oneself and others as alcohol.
and that sums it up. discussion ended.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Marijuana ~ What is your opinion toward it? . .

Nothing against it. It can help with pain, relaxation, and sleep. Of course it can also be used for fun, but as a medication it is one of the best. After having surgeries and getting addicted to pain medication for years, I would definitely recommend people try marijuana before what the doctors deal out.

As far as marijuana related to spirituality, which is what this forum is about: It can help a person feel more connected. I see no problem with using natural drugs for spiritual evolution (Marijuana, DMT, Salvia, etc), however manufactured drugs from LSD to Heroin are meaningless. But, if one uses these drugs for spiritual purposes, they should be used as a guide, not the means.