• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Massachusetts town approved proposal for Palestinian flag to be flown on public grounds.

Islamophobia is also quite real.
BTW, don't fall for Israeli propaganda
that advocating for Palestinian rights,
& criticizing Israel is anti-semitism.
I won't accuse anyone here of anti-Semitism, or anyone anywhere in general - there's no way to really know. But looking at the statistics, all around the world, you see people protesting Israel more than any other country out there. Don't you think it's true? And why?

Is Israel worse than Russia? Worse than all the cartels and terrorist groups combined? I don't get it, Israel seems really normal and average to most people.

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
IDK, I feel like the Palestinian people have been anti-Jew since before Israel even existed, starting with the Black Hand terrorist group, way back in the day, when there wasn't even any problems yet.
... Did you read the wiki article you linked? Are you under the impression that Zionists and the arab population peacefully coexisted before 1930? You are sorely mistaken.
There was never any inclusive olive branch extended to the newcomers to begin with, which kind of started a really sour trend.
Why on earth would it ever be expected for a colonized nation to 'provide an olive branch' to settlers from the empires that occupied them?
Has history not vindicated the perspective that that Zionism was a threat to the economic livelihood and self-determination of the arab population?

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
you see people protesting Israel more than any other country out there. Don't you think it's true? And why?

Is Israel worse than Russia? Worse than all the cartels and terrorist groups combined? I don't get it, Israel seems really normal and average to most people.
The reason that US citizens protest about Israel more than Russia is very simple.

The US government spends money to contain Russia and Americans like this, so they don't protest the US government.
The US government spends money to bolster Israel, and actively protects it from accountability. Many Americans do not like this, so they do protest their government to stop doing this.

It's really that simple. You don't need to protest for your government to do the thing it already does.

Last edited:
... Did you read the wiki article you linked? Are you under the impression that Zionists and the arab population peacefully coexisted before 1930? You are sorely mistaken.
No, the Arabs never accepted the non-Arabs due to their own racism.
Why on earth would it ever be expected for a colonized nation to 'provide an olive branch' to settlers from the empires that occupied them?
It was the Ottomans who colonized the Arab people in the Palestinian region. The Arabs didn't mind being colonized by Turkic peoples, because they were all Muslims, and so the Arabs could be ensured first class citizenship, while Jews and Christians were given lower social status. When this prospect ended, the Arabic Muslims became angry and jealous, because they were used to preferential treatment. That was never really anyone else's fault.
Has history not vindicated the perspective that that Zionism was a threat to the economic livelihood and self-determination of the arab population?
No, it has not. Not inherently. Perhaps you could show me where it has anywhere else?

Because that was the same excuse the Germans used in regards to the Jews in general (not Zionists specifically) when they complained that Jews were taking all the best jobs including the managerial positions, which lead to really, really bad things.

Anti-Semites always say the same things - that the Jews are taking all the good jobs, or they run the government, the media, the movies, the hospitals, even the whole world! Always the same jealousy-turn-paranoia rearing it's head.

Last edited:
The reason that US citizens protest about Israel more than Russia is very simple.

The US government spends money to contain Russia and Americans like this, so they don't protest the US government.
The US government spends money to bolster Israel, and actively protects it from accountability. Many Americans do not like this, so they do protest their government to stop doing this.

It's really that simple. You don't need to protest for your government to do the thing it already does.
Interesting response. I never considered the protests to be aimed at the US government. You see the slogans "free free Palestine" and "from the river to the sea", these chants don't seem to resemble workable US policy decisions. That's why I never thought of it that way.

They should be yelling "no no Israel funding", or something similar that policymakers can actually work with.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
One reason it gets massive aid,
& can kill so very many people.
It brings to minds the words of Machaivelli who pointed out you can take from the poor, handicapped and less fortunate because they're powerless to do anything and it's a group few care for.
And indeed we see where the mighty is looked upon favorably and defended as it slaughters largely and mostly impoverished, powerless Muslims who are basically helpless in their situation as the bombs rain on them.
It also brings to mind Nietzsche, who warned one mustn't become a monster yourself when fighting them. And Israel turned into something more like Godzilla just to fight Dracula.

We Never Know

No Slack
It brings to minds the words of Machaivelli who pointed out you can take from the poor, handicapped and less fortunate because they're powerless to do anything and it's a group few care for.
And indeed we see where the mighty is looked upon favorably and defended as it slaughters largely and mostly impoverished, powerless Muslims who are basically helpless in their situation as the bombs rain on them.
It also brings to mind Nietzsche, who warned one mustn't become a monster yourself when fighting them. And Israel turned into something more like Godzilla just to fight Dracula.
Scenario..... If you and a group of people attack my family and kill some... I would kill you and everyone involved. If others die in the process, its collateral damage, but I would make sure you don't attack my family again.

So... Maybey that what Israel is doing? Ever heard of a blood feud?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Private grounds is one thing. This however is unacceptable and a complete disgrace particularly on the same flagpole with the American POW flag.

Opinions?
Details matter. Why didn't you post the reason that they wanted to fly that flag?

" An Israeli flag has been flying in the same spot since last month, and Palestine supporters said they should have the same right."

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Details matter. Why didn't you post the reason that they wanted to fly that flag?

" An Israeli flag has been flying in the same spot since last month, and Palestine supporters said they should have the same right."
Why not the Nazi flag, or the Confederate flag?

They have the same rights as well with that logic.

Israel turned into something more like Godzilla just to fight Dracula.
Dracula. You know he was a slayer of Ottoman Muslims, speaking on the topic, killing more than 23,000 by impaling them atop stakes.

Vlad-the-Impaler.jpg

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
It was the Ottomans who colonized the Arab people in the Palestinian region. The Arabs didn't mind being colonized by Turkic peoples, because they were all Muslims, and so the Arabs could be ensured first class citizenship, while Jews and Christians were given lower social status. When this prospect ended, the Arabic Muslims became angry and jealous, because they were used to preferential treatment. That was never really anyone else's fault.
Let's be clear here - Arab leaders abroad supported the British against the Ottoman's in return for what they understood to be an independence promise for the Palestinians and other Arab regions. Hussein-McMahon correspondence | History & Map

After the war when Britain became the new occupier,this national self-determination was not granted. Instead, Britain announced that it would support the creation of a national homeland in Palestine for Jews. Balfour would later go on to say that they had a right to reject Palestinian self-determination.

So the Palestinians were then in a position that they were being denied their own self-determination in the name of the creation of the Jewish homeland. Why would anyone expect them to be happy or welcoming of this?

The fears of the Arab population of Palestine were that the Zionist movement would endanger their economic subsistence and that the Zionists become their new overlords. Looking at Palestine today, there is no other conclusion that I can draw but that the Arab fear was rational.

Given this, to characterize Arab resistance to Zionism as resulting from a desire to have 'preferential treatment' is nothing but apologia for the British and later the Israeli leaders.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nope. Hamas is a terrorist organization that flies the Palestinian flag, which is not a recognized state BTW.
Even if Hamas flies that flag it makes no difference. A lot of Trump supporters were shown to be terrorists and they fly the US flag. I guess that we cannot fly that flag any longer.

The Palestinian flag is the flag of all of Palestine. Not just the parts controlled by Hamas. And in case you forgot Palestine is an occupied state. Do you know what country has occupied Palestine and illegally built settlements there?

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
the Palestinian flag, which is not a recognized state BTW.
It is a recognized state to almost everybody that is from a country that isn't majority White or Japanese. This should prompt reflection from white folks that oppose recognizing Palestine, but it probably won't.

1701067349827.png

We Never Know

No Slack
It is a recognized state to almost everybody that is from a country that isn't majority White or Japanese. This should prompt reflection from white folks that oppose recognizing Palestine, but it probably won't.

View attachment 85092
So its a white racists thing.. mostly by America, Canada and Australia.
As a native american I vote everyone go back to their homeland.