• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men need more sex than women - right?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Totally unscientific feedback:

Men seem to want/need more sex when they are in their teens and twenties. In the thirties, men and women seem to start to even out when it comes to sexual needs. By the forties and especially the fifties, women seem to have more of an interest and desire for sex than men. Not sure what happens next - any other observations out there on the sixties and forward?

I have observed that a woman's libido stays up relatively the same. Lena Horn (rest in peace) once said that sex doesn't stop until you're in the grave....and she stated that at 80.

Oh, and to the OP: :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Another factor is that everyone is different. You have two extreme ends of the scale, from asexual to someone who constantly feels the need for sex (addict?). Most of us lie somewhere in the middle. I've had friends who only became interested in sex in their late teens. I know some people who stopped feeling sex desire after having a couple of kids. I know some people, both men and women, who have sex desire but only feel the physical pressure to have sex every now and then. And then there are others of all ages and both sexes who desire sex many times a week.

As for women not needing to orgasm, I can only speak for myself, because I think this is also very individual. I know some women who never masturbate and have never felt a need to, despite not having a regular sex life. Other women become extremely sexually frustrated if they do not get to orgasm fairly regularly. I don't think that our cycle takes care of our need. If we don't get sexual satisfaction when we need it, the frustration builds up and our cycle does not take care of that.

Me Myself

Back to my username
You have obviously never been intimate with a woman in her mid/late 30's/40's.

Beyond that, your OP is nothing more than a stereotype and overgeneralization.
There is no Mr. and Mrs. Average.

I'm betting that just as many women cheat as men.
Men deserve no "cheating pass". Sorry to dissapoint you.

She posted my answer already.

Men are at their sexual peak around 18, women around 40.

I know a lot of female friends for whcih sex is VERY important and "need" it often.

one cheats to get it, the other one doesn´t. Reality is, it hurts all the man all the same than it does the woman, and it is not to be permited.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
For every one that says "come hither"
there is always one who says me first.

Need is not a factor... nothing will fall off with out it.
Sex is a desire not a need.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Maybe, maybe not.

It still doesn't change the facts.

Well then start presenting some facts...

You do know that basing all of human kind off your own limited experiences is not going to be accurate, right?

Based upon your OP, I would say that you total amount actual research on the topic is no more than what you have been told by your choir.

not nom

Sex is a desire not a need.

I agree.. lots of sex makes me want to have lots of sex. no sex makes me forget about sex. or something like that.

I need women to throw me looks and play around with their hair though.. that is, I need that to happen occasionally. I remember when I felt like I couldn't get any even if I wanted to, and that sucked. that's when sex seemed way more important.. oh, the masturbation marathons of my youth haha :D

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I agree.. lots of sex makes me want to have lots of sex. no sex makes me forget about sex. or something like that.

I need women to throw me looks and play around with their hair though.. that is, I need that to happen occasionally. I remember when I felt like I couldn't get any even if I wanted to, and that sucked. that's when sex seemed way more important.. oh, the masturbation marathons of my youth haha :D

TMI :areyoucra

not nom

yeah, yeah I know :p
Bill Hicks said:
Yeah, now all the guys are going, "Honey, I have no idea what he's talking about. I think he's a devil-child." That may be true, but guys, yoooou know what I'm talking about.

nnmartin

How about asexual men or those with a low drive?

don't seem to be too many of them around or perhaps they just keep quiet about it due to culture?

Me Myself

Back to my username
How about asexual men or those with a low drive?

don't seem to be too many of them around or perhaps they just keep quiet about it due to culture?

A posibility.

Also keep in mind that many women with low sex drive could very well be repression because of culture (and I mean self repression included)

blackout

Violet.
When people believe (in) myths
they both 'see' them
(where they believe they should be)
and bring them into being.
(or actualize them- by making them so in their own Self becoming)

What you think is so,
IS so in your own mind,
which in turn
is reflected in your own behavior.
(and the way in which you view and "evaluate" others)

The sexual behavior and psychology of others
is something that
*for the most part
we can only guess about.

*and by 'the most part'
I mean pretty much all of it.

nnmartin

Also keep in mind that many women with low sex drive could very well be repression because of culture (and I mean self repression included)

not sure what culture you are talking about here but it seems to be that sex in the West is all the rage these days.

Clothing, accessories, music - in fact virtually everything is geared around being sexy, getting action and trying to look hot.

Where does the repression part come in?

blackout

Violet.
not sure what culture you are talking about here but it seems to be that sex in the West is all the rage these days.

Clothing, accessories, music - in fact virtually everything is geared around being sexy, getting action and trying to look hot.

Where does the repression part come in?

Christianity.
(though this effects both males and females)

Parents with double standard thinking like your own however,
often transfer their own sexual predjudices/double standards
onto/into their own children
by levying different expectations (and rules) on their sons,
than their daughters.

(thus breathing life to their own socio-sexual mythos)

Many parents are much more likely to actively work to 'repress' their daughter's sexual activity/activities,
and 'look the other way' on.... or even encourage... their son's.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Christianity.
(though this effects both males and females)

Parents with double standard thinking like your own however,
often transfer their own sexual predjudices/double standards
on their own children
by levying different expectations (and rules) on their sons,
than their daughters.

(thus breathing life to their own social mythos)

Why are you singling out Christianity? :(

blackout

Violet.
Why are you singling out Christianity? :(

nnmartin was talking specifically about Western culture,
and he asked where the repression came from.

By far the sexually doctrinal religion with the overwhelming hugest influence on Western culture
is Christianity.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I think it's a complete lie. Also, I do not believe sex is a need, it's not like food or air. You won't die if you do not have sex. It is desire. Some people are celibate their entire life.

Society creates a lot of image or labels. "He's a man, so he probably thinks about sex all the time. She's a woman, so she thinks about shoes more often than sex." It's all BS!

We are all unique and have different levels of libido. I agree with everything UV said in this thread. Btw, I think men using this to justify their actions absolutely disgusting. >_> (I've heard it more than once.)

nnmartin

Many parents are much more likely to actively work to 'repress' their daughter's sexual activity/activities,
and 'look the other way' on.... or even encourage... their son's.

Laws of nature come into play here though.

A young male say aged 16-22 is at his peak of sexual prowess and needs to exercise his God given abilities.

for a woman this is not the case - this usually kicks in at a later age.

Not a double standard - just nature.