• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men need more sex than women - right?

nnmartin

Also, I do not believe sex is a need, it's not like food or air. You won't die if you do not have sex. It is desire. Some people are celibate their entire life.

Man has a psychological need for sex in order to fulfill his potential.

Those that are celibate their whole life no doubt have a low sex drive or have an incredible affinity to dwell at the apex of the Pyramid of Purity.

Nuns and monks for example.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Laws of nature come into play here though.

A young male say aged 16-22 is at his peak of sexual prowess and needs to exercise his God given abilities.

for a woman this is not the case - this usually kicks in at a later age.

Not a double standard - just nature.

What a load of bull ****.

Do you actually believe this nonsense?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Man has a psychological need for sex in order to fulfill his potential.

Those that are celibate their whole life no doubt have a low sex drive or have an incredible affinity to dwell at the apex of the Pyramid of Purity.

Nuns and monks for example.

Do you have anything at all to support this claim?

Or ae you merely making a guess based on your own experiences?

Perhaps you will only now do a google search in a desperate attempt to support this claim?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
What a load of bull ****.

Do you actually believe this nonsense?

Other than the 'god-given ability' comment, what he stated is basically common understanding. My only problem with his statements are that they are over-generalised.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Other than the 'god-given ability' comment, what he stated is basically common understanding. My only problem with his statements are that they are over-generalised.

That post is nothing more than a sad attempt at justifying boys being encouraged to go out screwing anything that moves and that girls who are even rumored of doing the same are labeled "****" and worse.
So it is in fact a sad attempt at justifying a double standard.

like i said, A big bunch of bull ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
There are plenty of double standards and hypocrisies around in the sexual world so I want to test the waters and see if any of it is justifiable.

The usual one is that men need more sex than women and therefore have a right to be promiscuous.

I think there is some truth to that due to biological and psychological need.

Any agreement on this?

I wonder if any research ever arrived on a conclusive answer over this matter.
Now i will have to search for one. :rolleyes:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Laws of nature come into play here though.

A young male say aged 16-22 is at his peak of sexual prowess and needs to exercise his God given abilities.

for a woman this is not the case - this usually kicks in at a later age.

Not a double standard - just nature.

Like I said before....:biglaugh:

Classic male ejaculatory bias. The measure of libido in both men and women is evident. The use of such evidence to justify certain behaviors while ignoring others reveals the OP's strong bias.

If, as you say, women's sex drive kicks in later, then doesn't that suggest that after 30 women need sex more than men?

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
Maybe, maybe not.

It still doesn't change the facts.

I haven't seen you present any facts.

The only way to understand reality is to let go of what you want to be true in favor of what is actually true. Understanding what something is in reality - not in myth - is crucial to addressing it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I've met women who needed sex more than I did. Depends on the individual and on their time in life.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Knowing stuff gets in the way of fun.
And the former is both a consequence & a punishment for the latter.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
And for when I was too naive to realize people were trying to remedy my lack of knowing anything.

I still am trying to remedy your lack of knowing anything. The only difference is you're onto me now -- you know I don't know anything either.

Songbird

I still am trying to remedy your lack of knowing anything. The only difference is you're onto me now -- you know I don't know anything either.

I was onto you from the start, when you tried to convince me Quagmire wasn't your hostage.

cablescavenger

There are plenty of double standards and hypocrisies around in the sexual world so I want to test the waters and see if any of it is justifiable.

The usual one is that men need more sex than women and therefore have a right to be promiscuous.

Any agreement on this?

How about cheating on your partner - seems to be a common double standard here too in that a man has more leeway if his girlfriend is not providing the necessary action.

Turn the tables though and it's a serious no no.

I think I agree with this to an extent also , in that a man must have sex on a regular basis but a woman not.

Doubt I'll have too many supporters here , but hey - what the heck!

It would be easier to focus on Mr and Mrs Average for the purposes of the debate.

any takers?

I would be inclined to look at myself, before assuming there was something wrong with the woman.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep

Any agreement on this?

How about cheating on your partner - seems to be a common double standard here too in that a man has more leeway if his girlfriend is not providing the necessary action.

Turn the tables though and it's a serious no no.

I think I agree with this to an extent also , in that a man must have sex on a regular basis but a woman not.

Doubt I'll have too many supporters here , but hey - what the heck!

It would be easier to focus on Mr and Mrs Average for the purposes of the debate.

any takers?
Need? No. Desire? Yes.

Males have been genetically predisposed to desire "hit and runs", and making the females discern the most suitable suitor. An is does not make an ought.

Skwim

Veteran Member
"Sex Drive: How Do Men and Women Compare?
Experts say men score higher in libido, while women's sex drive is more "fluid."

Do men really have stronger sex drives than women? Well, yes, they do. Study after study illustrates that men's sex drives are not only stronger than women's, but much more straightforward. The sources of women's libidos, by contrast, are much more difficult to pin down."

source and more

Songbird

"Sex Drive: How Do Men and Women Compare?
Experts say men score higher in libido, while women's sex drive is more "fluid."

Do men really have stronger sex drives than women? Well, yes, they do. Study after study illustrates that men's sex drives are not only stronger than women's, but much more straightforward. The sources of women's libidos, by contrast, are much more difficult to pin down."

source and more

And other articles contradict it. I quoted from them before on RF, but just googling "Do men want more sex", or something similar provides lots of different info.