• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misogynistic and Selfish, Edinburgh's Rape Crisis Centre's CEO is a trans-woman, i.e. a man !

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
It's gobsmacking to me that Edinburgh's Rape Crisis Centre's CEO is a man.

It's gobsmacking to me that I even have to explain why this is a huge problem.

Go ahead, call me "trans-phobic", but if a girl or woman I loved (or any female for that matter), was raped by a man, and went to a rape crisis center for support, I would demand that the victim not be "counseled" by a man.

But it appears that Mridul Wadhwa, the CEO man in question, prioritizes his gender ideology over the care of the females in his center:

The “heresy hunt” at the Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Go ahead, call me "trans-phobic".....
Again?
OK.
You're trans-phobic.

It's the height of bigotry to presume that no man
(or trans woman....or trans man) should run an
organization that benefits women.
It's analogous to claiming no woman should be
a man's urologist, or no man should be an
obstetrician. What should matter is being the
most capable person for the job.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Why? I don't see the problem if she is competent for the role.

Are you a woman who has been raped? Then you know nothing about it and letting your trans phobia dictate for you

not be "counseled" by a man.

She is CEO, not a counselor.

icehorse

Premium Member
What should matter is being the
most capable person for the job.
@ChristineM

Yes, and if you bothered to watch the information I provided you, you'd see that some women ask specifically for a woman to counsel them at the Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre, and that this request was viewed as "transphobic".

So the best person for the job MUST include factoring in the concerns of the victims, correct?

ChristineM

Premium Member
@ChristineM

Yes, and if you bothered to watch the information I provided you, you'd see that some women ask specifically for a woman to counsel them at the Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre, and that this request was viewed as "transphobic".

So the best person for the job MUST include factoring in the concerns of the victims, correct?

I mentioned this, you seem to have ignored it. She is CEO not a counselor so your point is moot

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@ChristineM

Women who are bigots against trans
women lack authority in such matters.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Women who are bigots against trans women
aren't authorities in such matters.

Also... In the NHS you don't get to pick and choose who handles your case. You get whoever is qualified and available. If you want to select then go private.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

Go ahead, call me "trans-phobic", but if a girl or woman I loved (or any female for that matter), was raped by a man, and went to a rape crisis center for support, I would demand that the victim not be "counseled" by a man.

But it appears that Mridul Wadhwa, the CEO man in question, prioritizes his gender ideology over the care of the females in his center:

The “heresy hunt” at the Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre
Trans women get raped, too, and rape isn't just a women's issue. Thinking like that is why men suffer in silence out of shame.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Also... In the NHS you don't get to pick and choose who handles your case. You get whoever is qualified and available. If you want to select then go private.
The issue in this thread isn't about what's
legal or what's ethical. It's about preventing
any woman anywhere at any time from being
offended or scared of a trans woman.
It appears that he believes this should drive
public policy.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The issue in this thread isn't about what's
legal or what's ethical. It's about preventing
any woman anywhere at any time from being
offended or scared of a trans woman.
It appears that he believes this should drive
public policy.

I thought the issue was dissing trans women. In my opinion thats very sad but each to their own.

icehorse

Premium Member
Trans women get raped, too, and rape isn't just a women's issue. Thinking like that is why men suffer in silence out of shame.
Agreed. There are two issues here.

This OP is focused on what happens when women get raped, but I understand that sometimes men get raped.

ChristineM

Premium Member
did you watch the video?

I know this might be hard, but you have to connect a few dots here.

I didn't waste my time on the video.

And connecting dots is not a thing. You need counselling you see a counsellor you need to see someone who runs the department you see the CEO. Why is that so hard to understand?

icehorse

Premium Member
If your argument is that the NHS is misogynistic, okay, I could agree with that.

icehorse

Premium Member
I didn't waste my time on the video.

And connecting dots is not a thing. You need counselling you see a counsellor you need to see someone who runs the department you see the CEO. Why is that so hard to understand?
You are working with an incomplete set of facts in this situation.

But by all means, continue to spout your opinions from your position of ignorance ;)

icehorse

Premium Member
You didn't watch someone's video?
Then that someone wins the argument.
So it goes on RF.
Yes of course. Because only issues that can be collapsed into sound bites can be discussed here, how could I forget that! :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: