• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misogynistic and Selfish, Edinburgh's Rape Crisis Centre's CEO is a trans-woman, i.e. a man !

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
The op was nothing to do with with a woman who resigned from her job. it was a dig about the ceo of rape crisis centre being trans.
I know that dot connecting is hard for you...

Roz Adams was fired by the Centre's management, of which the CEO is the main person, correct?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I know that dot connecting is hard for you...

Roz Adams was fired by the Centre's management, of which the CEO is the main person, correct?

More personal insults, wow

482ed58613afa5de2068e1de556b5e73--opinion-quotes-your-opinion.jpg

According to the BBC she resigned.

"Ms Adams then chose to resign."Rape centre worker wins tribunal over gender-critical beliefs
And what gender the ceo is irrelevant to that

icehorse

Premium Member
According to the BBC she resigned.
From a BBC article:

A woman who worked at a rape crisis centre was unfairly constructively dismissed for believing that those using the service should be able to know the sex of staff, a tribunal has found.

It also found that Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre had unlawfully discriminated against Roz Adams, saying that management had conducted a “heresy hunt” against her.

The ruling said the decision to launch a disciplinary process against Ms Adams was because the centre's management wanted to make an example of her because of her gender critical beliefs.

Rape centre worker wins tribunal over gender-critical beliefs

icehorse

Premium Member
More personal insults, wow
I assume this was in reference to "dot connecting". And again, you yourself said that dot connecting was not a thing. So I wasn't insulting you, I was working within your stated logical thinking limitations.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Should we glean from your post that you think all female rape victims should feel the way you feel?
I've been sexually assaulted by men and women. I want to speak to an alien since both make me uncomfortable. Both whites and blacks have been racist to me and gave me **** over being mixed, so I don't want them around me.

See how this can go?

ChristineM

Premium Member

Have you read the bbc article?

From the article,

Reminiscent of Kafka'​

The tribunal found that the investigation should not have been launched and “was clearly motivated by a strong belief amongst the senior management and some of the claimant’s colleagues that the claimant’s views were inherently hateful".​
Allegations of misconduct were upheld, but no action was taken. Ms Adams then chose to resign.​

ChristineM

Premium Member
I assume this was in reference to "dot connecting". And again, you yourself said that dot connecting was not a thing. So I wasn't insulting you, I was working within your stated logical thinking limitations.

What i said to your childish attempts at insulting comments is irrelevant, you are you one making the attemps.

icehorse

Premium Member
Because you aren't presenting anything worth taking serious enough to invest the time.
A CEO is not a councilor. Rape is not something exclusively faced by women. End of discussion.
Another argument from self proclaimed ignorance.

icehorse

Premium Member
I've been sexually assaulted by men and women. I want to speak to an alien since both make me uncomfortable. Both whites and blacks have been racist to me and gave me **** over being mixed, so I don't want them around me.

See how this can go?
Women are physically weaker than men. Men assault women far more frequently than the other way around. When a female victim of rape seeks support from a rape crisis center it is more than reasonable for the victim to request that only females support her.

icehorse

Premium Member
Have you read the bbc article?

From the article,

Reminiscent of Kafka'​

The tribunal found that the investigation should not have been launched and “was clearly motivated by a strong belief amongst the senior management and some of the claimant’s colleagues that the claimant’s views were inherently hateful".​
Allegations of misconduct were upheld, but no action was taken. Ms Adams then chose to resign.​

Here's the quote from the article I posted a link to:

The judge said the disciplinary process used against Ms Adams was “reminiscent of the work of Franz Kafka” - the 20th Century writer whose works were often characterised by nightmarish and confusing situations.

The tribunal found that Ms Adams resigned as she “could have absolutely no confidence going forward that the respondents would comply with their obligation of trust and confidence towards her.”

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Women are physically weaker than men. Men assault women far more frequently than the other way around. When a female victim of rape seeks support from a rape crisis center it is more than reasonable for the victim to request that only females support her.
Sexual assault of men is fairly common, actually, same as sexual assault of women. It's common for young homeless boys and men to be victims of rape, for example. It's it's rife in single sex environments, too, like men's shelters, prisons and so on. There's always someone bigger and stronger than you, regardless of sex. Also, people just drug people and rape them that way.

I assume this crisis center doesn't only provide help for females. Also, there might not always be female staff available to help. I can understand if they must give an examination and physical contact is involved but you can't expect a place to have solely female staff.

icehorse

Premium Member
Sexual assault of men is fairly common, actually, same as sexual assault of women. It's common for young homeless boys and men to be victims of rape, for example. It's it's rife in single sex environments, too, like men's shelters, prisons and so on. There's always someone bigger and stronger than you, regardless of sex. Also, people just drug people and rape them that way.

I assume this crisis center doesn't only provide help for females. Also, there might not always be female staff available to help. I can understand if they must give an examination and physical contact is involved but you can't expect a place to have solely female staff.
I think we're mostly agreed here. I think that a victim ought to be provided with a counselor of the same sex if that's what the victim prefers.

Tamino

Whether the conduct of the Center management was alright or not... Let's just take a moment to consider that the CEO who is "legally male" looks like this:
1000020643.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Whether the conduct of the Center management was alright or not... Let's just take a moment to consider that the CEO who is "legally male" looks like this:
View attachment 92091
Apparently, we can't go by appearances.
Even inspection of nether regions could fail
if they've surgically transitioned.
So the Bible says we must go by the birth
certificate.