• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misogynistic and Selfish, Edinburgh's Rape Crisis Centre's CEO is a trans-woman, i.e. a man !

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
And the workmen (who all look like men) are tearing up my house so I just sort of have to sit here and watch them re-assemble it. I'm not going to ask to look at their genitals, by the way.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And the workmen (who all look like men) are tearing up my house so I just sort of have to sit here and watch them re-assemble it. I'm not going to ask to look at their genitals, by the way.

Why not ? ;-)

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
No.

Everyone who disagrees with you isn't a misogynist.
I totally agree.

But I think everyone who is in lockstep with gender ideology is - even if unwittingly - is supporting homophobia and misogyny.

Bottom line, gender ideology has aspects that are homophobic and misogynistic. Your ignorance of that doesn't make it magically go away.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
It's gobsmacking to me that Edinburgh's Rape Crisis Centre's CEO is a man.

It's gobsmacking to me that I even have to explain why this is a huge problem.

Go ahead, call me "trans-phobic", but if a girl or woman I loved (or any female for that matter), was raped by a man, and went to a rape crisis center for support, I would demand that the victim not be "counseled" by a man.

But it appears that Mridul Wadhwa, the CEO man in question, prioritizes his gender ideology over the care of the females in his center:

The “heresy hunt” at the Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre
I don't know much of anything about this whole situation, but after taking 2 seconds to look up Mridul Wadhwa, I found out she's a woman. So, calling her a man is indeed transphobic.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I totally agree.
Cool.
But I think everyone who is in lockstep with gender ideology is - even if unwittingly - is supporting homophobia and misogyny.
Disagree. You've not shown this to be true.
In fact, I think you've revealed much more about yourself than you have others, on these particular threads.
Bottom line, gender ideology has aspects that are homophobic and misogynistic. Your ignorance of that doesn't make it magically go away.
I don't see any reason to believe that, other than you just branding everyone that you think follows "gender ideology" as those things without demonstration of such.

icehorse

Premium Member
I don't know much of anything about this whole situation, but after taking 2 seconds to look up Mridul Wadhwa, I found out she's a woman. So, calling her a man is indeed transphobic.
Mridul is a trans woman, a biological male.

icehorse

Premium Member
Cool.

Disagree. You've not shown this to be true.
In fact, I think you've revealed much more about yourself than you have others, on these particular threads.

I don't see any reason to believe that, other than you just branding everyone that you think follows "gender ideology" as those things without demonstration of such.
I've repeatedly shown you evidence. Everyone reading this thread can see that. And they can see that you've refused to look at it.

We Never Know

No Slack
I've repeatedly shown you evidence. Everyone reading this thread can see that. And they can see that you've refused to look at it.
Too bad you didn't start a thread or poll asking females 'if you were raped by a man, would you want a female or male therapist/counsler afterwords"

Then post your OP.

Btw....

Women’s Preference of Therapist Based on Sex of Therapist and Presenting Problem: An Analogue Study​

"Women significantly preferred the female therapist, z = 9.99, p < .05. Of the 180 women who stated a preference, the majority (87.2%) preferred the female therapist and 12.8% preferred the male therapist"

Yerda

Veteran Member
The CEO in question is putting gender ideology before patient care. The fact that they are trans doesn't necessary link the two, but it's more than plausible.
You seem to be saying that trans people are unlikely to be able to do the job because this particular trans person is CEO. She might be terrible at the job (or great at it) but this doesn't say anything about the suitability of a trans person in general.

You expressed your gobsmackery that a trans person could be CEO in the first place. Why?

I hear this a lot, and I ask the same question:

How does calling a trans woman a trans woman deny their existence?
You called her a man. Not a trans woman.

If you insist that trans women are men then you are denying the reality of gender identities that don't match to your expectations.

Second, a parallel thread has been active discussing the phrase "gender identity". So far, no good definition of "gender identity" has been agreed to, and what's been shown is that this poorly defined phrase is actually hurting girls and women. I think that to deny this is the real cruelty.
We don't have a a legal definition of well-being but it doesn't hurt anyone to use the term or more importantly, to look after their well-being. I think that you're clutching at straws given that girls and women are generally fine with people having gender identities.

Again, do you think the majority of UK women, when asked about support for trans issues are absolutely fine with trans identities (this actually rises when we selecy for lesbian women) are the ones perpetrating the real cruelty? Or is it you on here misgendering a trans woman when you know this to be hurtful to trans people and there are trans people here?

I'm not erasing trans men, but this case was about the care of women patients.
I'm surprised that you can't see the issues here. Firstly, trans men get raped too.

Secondly, if you took a woman to a rape crisis centre you would demand a woman counselled them. But for you this guy is a woman. Would you therefore demand that a different woman counselled your loved one or would you be fine with Alex?

icehorse

Premium Member
So, she is a woman, not a man. Referring to her as a man or with male pronouns is wrong. Saying she is a biological male might or might not be correct, but it's still a transphobic thing to say, unless in a very specific context.

It's clear we disagree on the correct words here.

Now please demonstrate how saying he's a trans woman is transphobic? Oh sure we hear this accusation all the time, but explain it to me if you can?

What I can see is that you've bought into the TERF narrative. Just the term "gender ideology" itself is a red flag, as it's one used only by transphobic activists.

Not true. It's called "gender ideology" because it is one. You don't need any sort of affiliation to agree with that.

For one, it's loaded with unfalsifiable, shall we say "faith" claims, just like religious ideologies.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
She is a woman, a trans woman if you must specify. Whether she is a biological male is not a matter that needs to be brought up here, and so it's bad form.
It's clear we disagree on the correct words here.

Not really. You're using transphobic language. I'm just pointing that out.
Now please demonstrate how saying he's a trans woman is transphobic? Oh sure we hear this accusation all the time, but explain it to me if you can?
1) No one said calling her a trans woman was transphobic.

2) Saying "he's a trans woman" is transphobic, because, like your OP, it refers to her as a "he", which she is not.
Not true. It's called "gender ideology" because it is one. You don't need any sort of affiliation to agree with that.
No, it's a vague term used by transphobic people. It's an indication that you're following transphobic people's views on the subject. Kind of like when someone talks about "wokeness".
For one, it's loaded with unfalsifiable, shall we say "faith" claims, just like religious ideologies.
The people who use "gender ideology"? Yes, I know. That's why I'm saying it's a red flag when you use the term.