• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misogynistic and Selfish, Edinburgh's Rape Crisis Centre's CEO is a trans-woman, i.e. a man !

Yerda

Veteran Member
It's gobsmacking to me that Edinburgh's Rape Crisis Centre's CEO is a man.

It's gobsmacking to me that I even have to explain why this is a huge problem.
On the matter of women wanting to see a biologically female rape counsellor - if that's what they feel they need then that's what should happen.

Why are you so angry about a trans woman being the CEO of this charity, though? What has gender identity got to do with it?

Men are raped all time. And trans people too. Shouldn't a trans person have the same right to "demand" a trans counsellor?

Go ahead, call me "trans-phobic", but if a girl or woman I loved (or any female for that matter), was raped by a man, and went to a rape crisis center for support, I would demand that the victim not be "counseled" by a man.
You would demand?

Don't you think that might be a choice for the woman involved?

But it appears that Mridul Wadhwa, the CEO man in question, prioritizes his gender ideology over the care of the females in his center:

The “heresy hunt” at the Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre
There are trans members of this board (some of whom will have a good deal more experience with sexual assault than you do); misgendering trans people like this shows a lack of respect.

Audie

Veteran Member
Again?
OK.
You're trans-phobic.

It's the height of bigotry to presume that no man
(or trans woman....or trans man) should run an
organization that benefits women.
It's analogous to claiming no woman should be
a man's urologist, or no man should be an
obstetrician. What should matter is being the
most capable person for the job.
The chance of "just happens to be"
is in the negative minus zero range.

I'd not talk to such a person if I
needed counseling.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The chance of "just happens to be"
is in the negative minus zero range.
I don't understand why the quoted
text that's not from my post.
I'd not talk to such a person if I
needed counseling.
I understand that selecting a counselor
depends upon a personal relationship, &
is subject to personal selection criteria.
But what if a counselor acceptable to you
worked for an organization run by such a
person?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Why are you so angry about a trans woman being the CEO of this charity, though? What has gender identity got to do with it?
Several links have been provided. My summary would be that the employee was fired for saying that biological sex is real. This did not sit well with the gender ideologists.
There are trans members of this board (some of whom will have a good deal more experience with sexual assault than you do); misgendering trans people like this shows a lack of respect.
More fundamentally, denying the reality of biological sex shows massive disrespect for all women. And that's what this case is ultimately about, which is clear in the links provided.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Several links have been provided. My summary would be that the employee was fired for saying that biological sex is real. This did not sit well with the gender ideologists.

More fundamentally, denying the reality of biological sex shows massive disrespect for all women. And that's what this case is ultimately about, which is clear in the links provided.

Yeah, now we are getting somewhere. What is your evidence for that biological sex is real?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Your own source which you quoted in post #54 says "The tribunal found that Ms Adams resigned"

Emphasis mine.
Yet you keep claiming "fired"...?

Stop using fact. There are bad men and that is really bad, I tell you and it is so real, that it is a fact with evidence as per science and logic, because it must be based in science and logic. That is how real it is. ;)

These debates won't get anywhere as long as the one side claims to be rational and what not, when it is in effect in part about different subjective values, norms and feelings.
But yes, that is in part my opinon, but that is the point.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I read through the story, and I agree that it looks as though this person has been treated unfairly. This doesn't explain you being flabbergasted that a trans person could run this charity. The employee in question stated that they supported the service being extended to trans people, and had no apparent issue working with or for trans people.

Gobsmacked, was how you put it, right? Why?

I'm talking about you misgendering people, on here, where we have trans members. It seems like you are intent on denying the reality of gender identities that don't match biological sex at birth. That comes across as quite rude at best, and cruel at worst.

Women, when polled, consistently show overwhelming support for trans identities. At least here in the UK. You surely don't believe that the majority of women in the UK are showing massive disrespect to women, do you?

Also, why are trans men being completely erased once again? If you took your loved one to a rape crisis centre and the counsellor was some bloke with stubble, broad shoulders and a deep voice can we assume that you would be entirely comfortable as long as they possessed the correct chromosomes?

Last edited:

icehorse

Premium Member
Your own source which you quoted in post #54 says "The tribunal found that Ms Adams resigned"

Emphasis mine.
Yet you keep claiming "fired"...?
I believe that both sources provided in this thread use the phrase "constructive dismissal".

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Another misogynist heard from?
I rather doubt it. I don't care what consenting adults do with each other or to each other or whatever. I am also unlikely to be raped in Edinburgh! So basically, I don't care one way or the other.

icehorse

Premium Member
I read through the story, and I agree that it looks as though this person has been treated unfairly. This doesn't explain you being flabbergasted that a trans person could run this charity. The employee in question stated that they supported the service being extended to trans people, and had no apparent issue working with or for trans people.

Gobsmacked, was how you put it, right? Why?
The CEO in question is putting gender ideology before patient care. The fact that they are trans doesn't necessary link the two, but it's more than plausible.

I'm talking about you misgendering people, on here, where we have trans members. It seems like you are intent on denying the reality of gender identities that don't match biological sex at birth. That comes across as quite rude at best, and cruel at worst.
I hear this a lot, and I ask the same question:

How does calling a trans woman a trans woman deny their existence?

Second, a parallel thread has been active discussing the phrase "gender identity". So far, no good definition of "gender identity" has been agreed to, and what's been shown is that this poorly defined phrase is actually hurting girls and women. I think that to deny this is the real cruelty.

Also, why are trans men being completely erased once again? If you took your loved one to a rape crisis centre and the counsellor was some bloke with stubble, broad shoulders and a deep voice can we assume that you would be entirely comfortable as long as they possessed the correct chromosomes?
I'm not erasing trans men, but this case was about the care of women patients.

icehorse

Premium Member
I don't care what consenting adults do with each other or to each other or whatever.
Nor do I, live your best life. But don't promote misogynistic behaviors in the process.

I am also unlikely to be raped in Edinborough! So basically, I don't care one way or the other.
You care enough to post on the thread?