• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MOON Landing?

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Explain how, the source of the photo is "Radio86". But if I said the pictures of the moon are "fake", would I be justified in just saying so without proving such as this?

First off, it's clearly a miniature made of plastic. The lens glare is wrong, and check out the reflections on the bottom half of the satellite.

Also, why is all the light in the front when the sun is being shown behind it?

Also the stars look totally wrong.

It is clearly a miniature though, looks like something off cheap 60's sci fi.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Also the stars look totally wrong.

It is clearly a miniature though, looks like something off cheap 60's sci fi.
I would have mentioned the fact that the stars seem to have a haze around them when there is no atmosphere in space but seemed like overkill.

Shermana

Heretic
I would have mentioned the fact that the stars seem to have a haze around them when there is no atmosphere in space but seemed like overkill.

Fine. But here's a view from the International Space Station.

PERSEID-RON-GARAN-METEOR.jpg

And another picture worth noting:

aurora-space-station-space89_18289_600x450.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
First two. The rest on you tube:

[youtube]Wym04J_3Ls0[/youtube]
Mythbusters Moon Landing photo hoax 1 - YouTube

[youtube]RfKItI-cHPM[/youtube]
Mythbusters Moon Landing Hoax 2 HQ - YouTube

Personally I take there was an actual landing on the moon.

Why there were no subsequent landings by humans since Apollo, I attribute to the intense danger brought about by radiation hazards. From my understanding, a strong enough burst of radiation will kill a fully suited astronaut in seconds on the surface. It almost happened on one of the Apollo missions.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
First two. The rest on you tube:

[youtube]Wym04J_3Ls0[/youtube]
Mythbusters Moon Landing photo hoax 1 - YouTube

[youtube]RfKItI-cHPM[/youtube]
Mythbusters Moon Landing Hoax 2 HQ - YouTube

Personally I take there was an actual landing on the moon.

Why there were no subsequent landings by humans since Apollo, I attribute to the intense danger brought about by radiation hazards. From my understanding, a strong enough burst of radiation will kill a fully suited astronaut in seconds on the surface. It almost happened on one of the Apollo missions.
YES thanks i refrenced them twice, some of the best pro landing arguments i have seen

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
The reason there have been no more moon landings:

Apollo%2B18%2BMovie.jpg

Says it is based off a true story....

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
In all seriousness though, it's because we cannot afford anything like that again, or at least don't want to pay for it again...

Levite

Higher and Higher
Wow.... I am stunned. I had heard there were people who didn't "believe in" the moon landing, but I have never encountered them before....

Wow....

When I was an undergrad at UC Santa Cruz, our intro astronomy professor took us on a field trip to Palomar, and they shot a laser off the retroreflectors on the moon, so we could calculate the distance as classwork. It happens all the time.

Besides, seriously?! Moon landing = conspiracy would mean that literally tens of thousands of the world's best and brightest minds-- all people deeply dedicated to scientific truth-- would all have to have conspired to pull off the biggest hoax in human history...and have done so at a time when international espionage was at a height.

Seriously?!

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Wow.... I am stunned. I had heard there were people who didn't "believe in" the moon landing, but I have never encountered them before....

Wow....

When I was an undergrad at UC Santa Cruz, our intro astronomy professor took us on a field trip to Palomar, and they shot a laser off the retroreflectors on the moon, so we could calculate the distance as classwork. It happens all the time.

Besides, seriously?! Moon landing = conspiracy would mean that literally tens of thousands of the world's best and brightest minds-- all people deeply dedicated to scientific truth-- would all have to have conspired to pull off the biggest hoax in human history...and have done so at a time when international espionage was at a height.

Seriously?!
plus they would have tricke not just the american people but the whole damn world

silvermoon383

It's not impossible to get stars to show up in pictures. And why would we compare this situation to a fully lit house exactly?

night_photo_1.jpg

You don't work for JPL by chance do you?
The stars show up in this picture because the camera was set up in a specific way to capture the stars. The shutter speed of a normal daylight picture (or dim light using the flash) is too fast to capture the dim light of the stars. This is Photography 101. Talk to any professional photographer about this and they'll confirm what I've said.

You can also read about stars in space pictures specifically here.

And no, I do not work for JPL, or NASA.

Shermana

Heretic
The stars show up in this picture because the camera was set up in a specific way to capture the stars. The shutter speed of a normal daylight picture (or dim light using the flash) is too fast to capture the dim light of the stars. This is Photography 101. Talk to any professional photographer about this and they'll confirm what I've said.

You can also read about stars in space pictures specifically here.

And no, I do not work for JPL, or NASA.

See the two pictures in Space within the Earth's atmosphere I showed that clearly show stars.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Unless this is some kind of "artist's impression" or something, the Chinese don't seem to have this problem with their photos of Satellites apparently.

I think what you're not getting is that some cameras/development techniques are able to capture stars -- others are not. The point is that it's not surprising or out of the ordinary that the moon landing cameras didn't depict any stars -- especially considering a great many NASA cameras don't depict stars and even some terrestrial cameras don't depict stars.

The absence of stars in the moon landing photos is not a mystery and is not indicative of a hoax, in the clearest terms.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
If we faked it, then how was it kept secret from the Russians who would have delighted in humiliating a bunch of frauds? After all we watched them and they watched us. And to my knowledge every bit of evidence that suggests it was faked has been debunked.
As for going back, it is a very expensive and difficult endeavor. And it's not like flying a plane, taking off from point A and landing on point B, but you have to launch when the moon is in position A so that when the shuttle arrives it will be in point B, or else the shuttle would miss the moon entirely. Same for the return flight so the shuttle can land where it's supposed to. Combining national pride and hiring over 70% of the worlds scientist it is no surprise America and Russia were the only competitors for decades. Today given the financial burden most nations face a lunar mission just is not feasible. It would be like choosing between a steak and shrimp dinner for one meal or a case of ramen noodles for a weeks worth of meals when that is all your budget allows for.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I think what you're not getting is that some cameras/development techniques are able to capture stars -- others are not. The point is that it's not surprising or out of the ordinary that the moon landing cameras didn't depict any stars -- especially considering a great many NASA cameras don't depict stars and even some terrestrial cameras don't depict stars.

The absence of stars in the moon landing photos is not a mystery and is not indicative of a hoax, in the clearest terms.
Still doesn't mean it wasn't faked.