• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MOON Landing?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
the man on the moon spoke to me and said America did come to the moon =D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The burden of evidence at this point is more on the skeptic. The evidence that the landing genuinely occurred speaks for itself.
The existence of Australia is a hoax too. Planes & boats pretend to travel there, but actually go to large movie set in a secret location.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Those private spacecraft are also only capable of going into low-Earth orbit, keep in mind. They're technically not leaving the atmosphere. The manned missions to the Moon took up an enormous amount of the federal budget; comparatively, what was projected for Mars would have been a lot less, inflation-adjusted.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You can't land a shuttle on green cheese.
Money aside, it's really not that hard. I'm not even that good at math and even I realize landing on the moon has something to do with how fast the shuttle is moving, how fast the moon is going, and launching the shuttle at the appropriate time so that the moon is essentially catching the shuttle.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Money aside, it's really not that hard. I'm not even that good at math and even I realize landing on the moon has something to do with how fast the shuttle is moving, how fast the moon is going, and launching the shuttle at the appropriate time so that the moon is essentially catching the shuttle.

....cool man!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

blackout

Violet.
I'm just gunna say that we all know pictures (of anything)
prove absolutely nothing (about anything)
one way or an'other.

Tiberius

We went to the moon. There's plenty of evidence that we did and no evidence that we didn't.

Anyone disagrees, show me something that says we didn't go to the moon and I'll tell you why it's wrong.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
One of the best evidences for the actual manned landing of the moon, aside from what's already been talked about here, is the sheer volume of lunar rocks we brought back.

You can't really fake a lunar rock in an undetectable way (they're older than the oldest Earth rocks since Earth is geologically active), and even if we're willing to suppose an unmanned lander brought them back then you should know that the maximum carrying capacity of even the largest landers is a few pounds at most -- and we brought back over EIGHT HUNDRED pounds of lunar rock (over all the Apollo missions, though this figure does include some unmanned missions, American and Soviet). It's simply not possible for unmanned probes to bring back all of that. That amount requires a manned mission with human hands to pick up some of the samples.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One of the best evidences for the actual manned landing of the moon, aside from what's already been talked about here, is the sheer volume of lunar rocks we brought back.
You can't really fake a lunar rock in an undetectable way (they're older than the oldest Earth rocks since Earth is geologically active), and even if we're willing to suppose an unmanned lander brought them back then you should know that the maximum carrying capacity of even the largest landers is a few pounds at most -- and we brought back over EIGHT HUNDRED pounds of lunar rock (over all the Apollo missions, though this figure does include some unmanned missions, American and Soviet). It's simply not possible for unmanned probes to do that.
Hah! Part of the conspiracy. Moon rocks are just rocks anyway.
But we can't even verify that, since they're conveniently kept away from the average Joe.
So all we have is the say so of engineers, astronauts & scientists.
We certainly can't trust photos & output from electronic gizmos, which can be constructed to show any desired result.

I suppose that you buy into the fanciful notion that Australia actually exists too, eh?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Hah! Part of the conspiracy. Moon rocks are just rocks anyway.
But we can't even verify that, since they're conveniently kept away from the average Joe.
So all we have is the say so of engineers, astronauts & scientists.
We certainly can't trust photos & output from electronic gizmos, which can be constructed to show any desired result.

I suppose that you buy into the fanciful notion that Australia actually exists too, eh?

The list of people in the international conspiracy grows :p (esp. considering we gave moon rocks to people in countries around the world -- though, to get on the conspiracy bandwagon, MYSTERIOUSLY many of those are now missing... hmmm!)