• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Guns Do Not Stop More Crimes, Evidence Shows

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
you assume.....no one knows how to point the weapon
I assume that in a chaotic situation where people are running everywhere, it's difficult for even those who are well trained to find and hit ONLY the bad guy(s). Reality appears to bear that out.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I assume that in a chaotic situation where people are running everywhere, it's difficult for even those who are well trained to find and hit ONLY the bad guy(s). Reality appears to bear that out.
maybe your reality is not the same as mine

I would duck for cover.....hoping to realize the reality of being shot at
If I am fortunate to have concealed carry......get a line of sight on the shooter

return fire

maybe your reality is like.....I would draw my weapon and shoot anything moving?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
maybe your reality is not the same as mine

I would duck for cover.....hoping to realize the reality of being shot at
If I am fortunate to have concealed carry......get a line of sight on the shooter

return fire

maybe your reality is like.....I would draw my weapon and shoot anything moving?
Apparently you live in fantasy land.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
and I believe in returning fire

give the bad guy something to think about....BEFORE he tries to be bad

he might get shot.....BEFORE he empties his rifle
Possibly, but there WILL be more casualties as a result. More bullets flying around mean more death. Even cop's accuracy drops to about 20% in those situations.

Shaul

Premium Member
So...

The case where only the attacker has guns and can shoot whoever he wants unstopped is better than the case where those trying to stop him also have a gun with which to stop him.

Got it.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
so....bad guys are inherently better shots....

not buying it
No, bad guys are not better shots. Where did you get that from. They are even worse shots, for the most part, which means even more wayward bullets flying around a school filled with children. Less guns = less wayward bullets.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No, bad guys are not better shots. Where did you get that from. They are even worse shots, for the most part, which means even more wayward bullets flying around a school filled with children. Less guns = less wayward bullets.
it's not the wayward bullet that you can legislate

and the first set of wayward shots will flow.....

until someone takes aim to return fire

leibowde84

Veteran Member
it's not the wayward bullet that you can legislate

and the first set of wayward shots will flow.....

until someone takes aim to return fire
Return fire means more wayward bullets. That's what I think we should avoid. Keep armed guards outside the school to make sure that bad actors don't even get in the door.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Return fire means more wayward bullets. That's what I think we should avoid. Keep armed guards outside the school to make sure that bad actors don't even get in the door.
perhaps a lengthy hall way.....
id cards with photo and magnetic strip
and maybe a metal detector halfway to the main entrance

the hallway out.....one large door and a guard
no one comes in the exit
(fire exit should be large and unencumbered)

bottle neck the way in with eyes on the door
going out should be easier

as for my rights to a gun......no tresspassing

leibowde84

Veteran Member
perhaps a lengthy hall way.....
id cards with photo and magnetic strip
and maybe a metal detector halfway to the main entrance

the hallway out.....one large door and a guard
no one comes in the exit
(fire exit should be large and unencumbered)

bottle neck the way in with eyes on the door
going out should be easier

as for my rights to a gun......no tresspassing
Gun regulations are perfectly constitutional. Heller even made that abundantly clear if you actually read the opinion. So, you might have to become a criminal depending on what kind of weapon you have.

idav

Being
Premium Member
So...

The case where only the attacker has guns and can shoot whoever he wants unstopped is better than the case where those trying to stop him also have a gun with which to stop him.

Got it.
Arming a school classroom teacher is too risky. The law that Florida put out was arming principals, councilors and librarians. I gotta say I never thought about arming librarians thats actually pretty interesting, I'm on the fence with that one.
Senate bill won't let teachers carry guns, but librarians could

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Gun regulations are perfectly constitutional. Heller even made that abundantly clear if you actually read the opinion. So, you might have to become a criminal depending on what kind of weapon you have.
have you read Hitler's version?