• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moses asks science

Bthoth

So humans alone evolved to have their consciousness push them for the most part to put some protective covering on. (build computers -- write music -- etc.) And you say that's not part of evolution. OK. Accordingly seems that the development of the brain and consciousness involves evolution. Maybe I'm wrong and you're right, that humans do not have evolved brains that enable and prompt them to invent reading, writing and arithmetic. Right?
mankind is of nature, capable of describing (created words, math, etc) and literally DEFINING ITSELF.

Bthoth

Then it's possible and indeed likely that there's plenty of conscious life on this planet that we are not yet aware of, correct?
I learn from the writings left by conscious lives.

The majority of life that is or had been conscious, did not leave their experiences in writing.

TLK Valentine

Read the books that others would burn.
I learn from the writings left by conscious lives.

The majority of life that is or had been conscious, did not leave their experiences in writing.

But writing isn't a sign of consciousness - articulating "aye" is.

There's plenty of life on Earth (possibly even Earth itself, if it has emerged), that articulates without writing, and continues to do so in ways we don't understand.

TLK Valentine

It's a method of exchanging between conscious life, here in the now.

Very possible.

More than possible; but an observable fact.

We know that cetaceans (whales and dolphins) communicate with one another over long distances, but since we don't speak the language, we don't know what they're saying.

Even plants and fungi are able to "communicate" through the release of various spores or chemicals.

Bthoth

More than possible; but an observable fact.

We know that cetaceans (whales and dolphins) communicate with one another over long distances, but since we don't speak the language, we don't know what they're saying.

Even plants and fungi are able to "communicate" through the release of various spores or chemicals.
What's your point? Please.

TLK Valentine

What's your point? Please.

My point is exactly as I have stated - we are surrounded by conscious life, demonstrating intelligence on levels we can't understand, or perhaps have even become aware of yet.

Personally, I find that to be quite a humbling thought.

Audie

Veteran Member
My point is exactly as I have stated - we are surrounded by conscious life, demonstrating intelligence on levels we can't understand, or perhaps have even become aware of yet.

But unacceptable for thems as want to
be gods special creation.

Bthoth

OK.... let me know when one of them writes a book for mankind to learn from.
I am not debating what is conscious in the animal nor natural kingdom.

I wrote that mankind is conscious life within nature, 'defining itself' and you asked me how I define consciousness.

OK, so i did. What do you want from me?