• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moses asks science

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Isn't that interesting...according to encyclopedia.com, "the evolution of African clothing is difficult to trace because of the lack of historical evidence. Although artifacts from Egyptian culture date back to before 3000 b.c.e., no similar evidence is available for the majority of the African continent until the mid-twentieth century." Humans, who supposedly have been around for much more than 6,000 years according to evolutionists, did not "need," I suppose the term might be used by evolutionists, to have written history about themselves. And of course, gorillas have supposedly maybe never had the "need" to have observations and their history notated in writing, therefore I guess according to evolutionists, simply did not "evolve" to develop writing and preservation of documents.

So how does this relate to evolution? Sounds cultural to me as you explain it. Oh i see, its just your way of dissing what you don't want to accept. Ok,

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Some humans consider it moral to cover their sex and some don't, you have a problem with that?

I am saying no such thing about gorillas so please dont tell me what i wm saying, its an ignorant thing to do.

I have no evidence to hand, do you have any evidence to confirm your bs?
Do you believe that humans make skirts because they migrated to climates colder than those of gorillas?

ChristineM

Premium Member
I'm saying that gorillas, one of human's closest "relatives," have not felt that need enough to evolve to cover themselves at all. You are evidently agreeing with that, if not let me know if you will. Thank you. Gorillas, you may think, don't need to wear and make skirts because they are in warm climates?

Have humans evolved to wear clothes or is it cultural. Your evidence either way would be most welcome

YoursTrue

So how does this relate to evolution? Sounds cultural to me as you explain it. Oh i see, its just your way of dissing what you don't want to accept. Ok,
So you believe that humans made clothing because they migrated to colder climates, and maybe gorillas did not, but this has nothing to do with evolution, is that true?

YoursTrue

Have humans evolved to wear clothes or is it cultural. Your evidence either way would be most welcome
lol, my evidence? is like your evidence ... the evidence is that gorillas have not figured, decided, evolved biologically or culturally to wear clothes.

ChristineM

Premium Member
So you believe that humans made clothing because they migrated to colder climates, and maybe gorillas did not, but this has nothing to do with evolution, is that true?

You obviously do not understand evolution. Clothing is a climate and cultural thing.

I am not talking of gorillas, thats your straw man.

ChristineM

Premium Member
lol, my evidence? is like your evidence ... the evidence is that gorillas have not figured, decided, evolved biologically or culturally to wear clothes.

Really
download (10).jpeg

YoursTrue

This is silly

Evolution happens through natural selection

Not because an organism feels the "need" to evolve.........
OK. Gorillas are still gorillas and only humans wear clothes they make for themselves. Some humans are in warm climates but still wear and make some clothing, like loin cloths or skirts. Gorillas do not.

YoursTrue

You obviously do not understand evolution. Clothing is a climate and cultural thing.

I am not talking of gorillas, thats your straw man.
Yes, it involves evolution that evolutionists speak about. Only mankind feels the need to wear clothes. Some humans wear loin cloths or skirts AND jewelry yet live in warm climates. Gorillas, chimpanzees and others have never made clothes.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Yes, it involves evolution that evolutionists speak about. Only mankind feels the need to wear clothes. Some humans wear loin cloths or skirts AND jewelry yet live in warm climates. Gorillas, chimpanzees and others have never made clothes.
This is still a "shrug, so what?" 'argument. What are you even trying to argue?

There is endless genetic evidence for the evolutionary relationship (and, no, it isn't anything to do with just "the genetics are similar"). The genetic evidence is so strong (way beyond reasonable doubt) that if we didn't evolve from a common ancestor, then any creator must be a liar, out to deceive us.

I keep posting examples, and evolution deniers keep on totally ignoring it.

Now you're going on about clothes as if is was some sort of killer argument, whereas it's just a rather uninteresting (form an evolutionary point of view) cultural issue. Evolving greater abstract thinking abilities was clearly a survival advantage but also seems to have had multiple side effects and a whole new realm of cultural or 'meme-based evolution'.

ChristineM

Premium Member
right. they just don't want to wear clothes, lol! thanks. Only humans have evolved to the point they FEEL THE NEED and have the ABILITY to make clothes for themselves, warm climate or not. :)

Toral bullpoop highlighting your ignorance of evolution

ChristineM

Premium Member

I cannot be doing with the deliberate ignorance
*** Ignore ***

YoursTrue

I cannot be doing with the deliberate ignorance
*** Ignore ***
Why because you think gorillas have the brains to make skirts and wear jewelry? C'mon give a good reason why they don't but some tribes in warm climates do...thanks, ChristineM for all your answers and remonstrations. Sorry to say but they were helpful. Have a good one, ignored or not, take care.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Moses sat down to rest at night by a great lake and looking into the sky he could see a full moon .

Moses then asked science , ''if the tides of oceans are a consequence of the moon then why sitting here I have not got my feet wet ? ''

Why doesn't the moon affect any other bodies of water , is it because you have got it wrong ?
The bodies of water are not big enough for us to see the moon effect. Do you understand the basic physics,

How great was the lake Moses saw? The Great Lakes are not large enough to see the tidal effects.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Looking at it logically, gorillas do not wear skirts unless a human puts it on them. They're not "culturally" evolved to make and wear skirts to cover themselves. The argument that humans evolved in that direction really doesn't add up, genetically speaking that is. Perhaps someone wants to say, well, those extras evolved to want clothing. In other words, not so what, but ..dumb. ridiculous. Stupid. Insane.
Kinship is not based on intelligence, language or technology. It's based on pure biology. If your brother has an autistic child, a dim child and a brilliant child, they are all equally related to you.
A chimp's relationship to a human is determined by genetics, anatomy, and physiology, not by culture or technology.