• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moses asks science

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Please stop trying to assimilate me with your human cloned data that is false .

For a direct measure of mass you need a set of scales , true or false ?
No. Why would you think that?
You clearly do not know how we know what we know. Do you think all the technology you see around you is guesswork?

Your posts are ignorant, incoherent, illiterate, nonsense.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Chimpanzees and gorillas, supposedly close relatives to humans, certainly did not invent airplanes and bombs. As far as I'm concerned it's close enough.
Profound. Profoundly ignorant. And pompous at the same time, which doesn't make it any more attractive.

I wonder if you are aware that there are humans (fully human) alive today who haven't invented much more than huts and grass skirts. Think Huli Wigmen, in Papua New Guinea, the Dogon in West Africa, the Himba Herders of Namibia, the Bayaka of the Central African Republic, the Sentinelise from the Andaman Islands-- and quite a few more.

Or maybe you think they're not human, but only apes.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Profound. Profoundly ignorant. And pompous at the same time, which doesn't make it any more attractive.

I wonder if you are aware that there are humans (fully human) alive today who haven't invented much more than huts and grass skirts. Think Huli Wigmen, in Papua New Guinea, the Dogon in West Africa, the Himba Herders of Namibia, the Bayaka of the Central African Republic, the Sentinelise from the Andaman Islands-- and quite a few more.

Or maybe you think they're not human, but only apes.W
Why? Humans close relatives with a few genetic assemblies missing from humans have the capacity to invent atomic bombs?

YoursTrue

Actually that is interesting that there are some humans (hmm, fully human you say) that have not figured or I figure, care to invent writing. I refrain from commenting or giving my opinion about this now. Have a good one.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Actually that is interesting that there are some humans (hmm, fully human you say) that have not figured or I figure, care to invent writing. I refrain from commenting or giving my opinion about this now. Have a good one.
For 99% of our history, no humans developed any technology much beyond today's chimps. As Evangelicalhumanist pointed out, though, they were as human as you or me.

YoursTrue

nooo but only humans (not gorillas) write down and keep their history sometimes. Some humans obviously do not know how to read and write and apparently have no desire to learn. Gorillas and the tribes you are mentioning apparently do not know how to read and write. All gorillas insofar as humans know about do not write down their history. Only humans do. No gorillas do. I guess the little disparity of DNA makes all the difference. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
nooo but only humans (not gorillas) write down and keep their history sometimes. Some humans obviously do not know how to read and write and apparently have no desire to learn. Gorillas and the tribes you are mentioning apparently do not know how to read and write. All gorillas insofar as humans know about do not write down their history. Only humans do. No gorillas do. I guess the little disparity of DNA makes all the difference. :)
And once again this is just a "So what?" argument.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Chimpanzees and gorillas, supposedly close relatives to humans, certainly did not invent airplanes and bombs. As far as I'm concerned it's close enough.
Did you even read my post?
Sounds like it went straight over your head.

Your replies are so off topic, I even wonder if you didn't hit the reply button on my post by mistake.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
So what?
Do you have a point to make?

Or are you just having a state-the-obvious contest?

Can I play?

*ahem*

"Only an albatros spends 90% of his life in the air"

YoursTrue

And once again this is just a "So what?" argument.
Looking at it logically, gorillas do not wear skirts unless a human puts it on them. They're not "culturally" evolved to make and wear skirts to cover themselves. The argument that humans evolved in that direction really doesn't add up, genetically speaking that is. Perhaps someone wants to say, well, those extras evolved to want clothing. In other words, not so what, but ..dumb. ridiculous. Stupid. Insane.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Looking at it logically, gorillas do not wear skirts unless a human puts it on them. They're not "culturally" evolved to make and wear skirts to cover themselves. The argument that humans evolved in that direction really doesn't add up, genetically speaking that is. Perhaps someone wants to say, well, those extras evolved to want clothing. In other words, not so what, but ..dumb. ridiculous. Stupid. Insane.

Clothing was first used by those humans who migrated to the colder north. Sure it was a survival trait but little to do with evolution and not really dumb. ridiculous. Stupid. Insane. In colder climates

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Once again: So what?

You keep making posts that are so pointless that they can be refuted with a mere "So what?"

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Looking at it logically, gorillas do not wear skirts unless a human puts it on them. They're not "culturally" evolved to make and wear skirts to cover themselves.

So what?

The argument that humans evolved in that direction really doesn't add up, genetically speaking that is.

Why not?

Perhaps someone wants to say, well, those extras evolved to want clothing. In other words, not so what, but ..dumb. ridiculous. Stupid. Insane.
So far, the only dumb, ridiculous, stupid, insane thing here... seems to be your "so what" argument.

YoursTrue

Clothing was first used by those humans who migrated to the colder north. Sure it was a survival trait but little to do with evolution and not really dumb. ridiculous. Stupid. Insane. In colder climates
Oh, little to do with evolution, you say. Some of these humans wear skirts and I don't think they live in "cold" climates, maybe they do. Meantime, you're saying gorillas didn't need to evolve to make skirts because they didn't need to but humans did because they migrated to cold climates. Do you have any evidence to show this about the skirts and moving to colder climates?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Oh, little to do with evolution, you say. Some of these humans wear skirts and I don't think they live in "cold" climates, maybe they do. Meantime, you're saying gorillas didn't need to evolve to make skirts because they didn't need to but humans did because they migrated to cold climates. Do you have any evidence to show this about the skirts and moving to colder climates?

Some humans consider it moral to cover their sex and some don't, you have a problem with that?

I am saying no such thing about gorillas so please dont tell me what i wm saying, its an ignorant thing to do.

I have no evidence to hand, do you have any evidence to confirm your bs?

YoursTrue

Isn't that interesting...according to encyclopedia.com, "the evolution of African clothing is difficult to trace because of the lack of historical evidence. Although artifacts from Egyptian culture date back to before 3000 b.c.e., no similar evidence is available for the majority of the African continent until the mid-twentieth century." Humans, who supposedly have been around for much more than 6,000 years according to evolutionists, did not "need," I suppose the term might be used by evolutionists, to have written history about themselves. And of course, gorillas have supposedly maybe never had the "need" to have observations and their history notated in writing, therefore I guess according to evolutionists, simply did not "evolve" to develop writing and preservation of documents.

Maninthemiddle

Imagine for a moment the Earth as a colossal spinning top, rotating on its axis. As our planet rotates, different parts of its surface experience varying degrees of gravitational pull from the Moon. This gravitational force causes the oceans to bulge, resulting in the rise and fall of sea levels that we know as tides.

The Earth's rotation creates two high tides and two low tides every day. As a particular location on Earth rotates towards the Moon, it experiences a high tide. Conversely, as it rotates away from the Moon, a low tide occurs. These tidal patterns are repeated approximately every 12 hours and 25 minutes, aligning with the Moon's orbit around the Earth.

But what about the Sun? Although the Moon's gravitational pull is more influential, the Sun also contributes to the creation of tides. When the Sun, Earth, and Moon align, their combined gravitational force enhances the tides, leading to higher high tides known as spring tides. Conversely, when the Sun and Moon are at right angles, their gravitational forces counteract each other, resulting in lower high tides referred to as neap tides.

YoursTrue

Some humans consider it moral to cover their sex and some don't, you have a problem with that?

I am saying no such thing about gorillas so please dont tell me what i wm saying, its an ignorant thing to do.

I have no evidence to hand, do you have any evidence to confirm your bs?
I'm saying that gorillas, one of human's closest "relatives," have not felt that need enough to evolve to cover themselves at all. You are evidently agreeing with that, if not let me know if you will. Thank you. Gorillas, you may think, don't need to wear and make skirts because they are in warm climates?