• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moses asks science

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Isn't that interesting...according to encyclopedia.com, "the evolution of African clothing is difficult to trace because of the lack of historical evidence. Although artifacts from Egyptian culture date back to before 3000 b.c.e., no similar evidence is available for the majority of the African continent until the mid-twentieth century." Humans, who supposedly have been around for much more than 6,000 years according to evolutionists, did not "need," I suppose the term might be used by evolutionists, to have written history about themselves. And of course, gorillas have supposedly maybe never had the "need" to have observations and their history notated in writing, therefore I guess according to evolutionists, simply did not "evolve" to develop writing and preservation of documents.
Anthropologists observe that most primitive cultures in tropical regions wear little and sometimes no clothing. There's no reason to believe the situation was any different ten or a hundred thousand years ago.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you believe that humans make skirts because they migrated to climates colder than those of gorillas?
Humans like to decorate themselves. Even cultures wearing little clothing will paint themselves, adopt distinctive hairstyles or wear various forms of 'jewelry'; and the little clothing worn in primitive, tropical cultures is usually more decorative than protective.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Because my rubber ducky in a beach side pool doesn't move when the tide is coming in or going out . Because specs of dust sitting on the pier don't move when the tide is coming in or going out . Because dry grains of sand on the beach don't move when the tide is coming in or going out . Are we to believe the moon can move an absolute huge mass of water but doesn't affect the mass of what I mentioned ?
Physics! What Is Gravity? | NASA Space Place – NASA Science for Kids.

Objects with more mass have more gravity. Gravity also gets weaker with distance. So, the closer objects are to each other, the stronger their gravitational pull is.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Because my rubber ducky in a beach side pool doesn't move when the tide is coming in or going out . Because specs of dust sitting on the pier don't move when the tide is coming in or going out . Because dry grains of sand on the beach don't move when the tide is coming in or going out . Are we to believe the moon can move an absolute huge mass of water but doesn't affect the mass of what I mentioned ?

Specks of dust don't move because they are held not only by the gravity of the earth, but are also bound by things such as friction. There is no friction within liquid water, so it is much more movable, though even in the case of water, you don't find it leaving the pool to float up to the moon. Finally, specks of dust are solids, not liquids, meaning that the individual molecules are not free to move around.

The reason your rubber ducky doesn't move in the wading pool, is because the wading pool is very tiny compared to the ocean. Larger bodies of water respond proportionally stronger to the moon's gravitational pull.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Why doesn't the moon affect any other bodies of water , is it because you have got it wrong ?

It does affect other bodies of water. Just ask any nurse when the busiest times.of the month are for people to act stupid and crazy, so that they need care at the hospital.

Hint: it's around the full moon every time..

gnostic

The Lost One
So you believe that humans made clothing because they migrated to colder climates, and maybe gorillas did not, but this has nothing to do with evolution, is that true?

Now you are being absurdly ignorant.

Yes, humans wear clothing, but evolution is all about biology, especially in regarding to physical traits being inherited from parent to offspring, ancestors to descendants.

You keep forgetting that evolution involved GRNETICS, such as DNA & RNA. Your base molecules (responsible for genetic coding), don't include making clothes.

Your DNA won't include things like clothing. You cannot genetically inherited clothing. Human babies are born without clothing.

Your posts are getting weirder and more ignorant.

Your posts are absurd that I wonder why people even bother to respond to your ridiculous claims

exchemist

Veteran Member

Yes, humans wear clothing, but evolution is all about biology, especially in regarding to physical traits being inherited from parent to offspring, ancestors to descendants.

You keep forgetting that evolution involved GRNETICS, such as DNA & RNA. Your base molecules (responsible for genetic coding), don't include making clothes.

Your DNA won't include things like clothing. You cannot genetically inherited clothing. Human babies are born without clothing.

Your posts are absurd that I wonder why people even bother to respond to your ridiculous claims
Indeed. I don’t believe these posts are made in good faith, which is why I stopped responding to any of them some time ago.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Moses asks science

Moses sat down to rest at night by a great lake and looking into the sky he could see a full moon .

Moses then asked science , ''if the tides of oceans are a consequence of the moon then why sitting here I have not got my feet wet ? ''

Why doesn't the moon affect any other bodies of water , is it because you have got it wrong ?
Is it Moses of the Torah- the book of the Israelites, please, right??
Did Science exist then, please?

Regards

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

So humans alone evolved to have their consciousness push them for the most part to put some protective covering on. (build computers -- write music -- etc.) And you say that's not part of evolution. OK. Accordingly seems that the development of the brain and consciousness involves evolution. Maybe I'm wrong and you're right, that humans do not have evolved brains that enable and prompt them to invent reading, writing and arithmetic. Right?

IndigoChild5559

Moses asks science

Is it Moses of the Torah- the book of the Israelites, please, right??
Did Science exist then, please?

Regards
Scientific method is extremely new to humanity. The authors of the Bible, the Quran, the Vedas, etc., had no concept of science as we understand it today.

YoursTrue

Scientific method is extremely new to humanity. The authors of the Bible, the Quran, the Vedas, etc., had no concept of science as we understand it today.
After all those hundreds of thousands of years, hmm, that the scientific method is extremely new you say. My oh my, it's kind of like evolution isn't it--took a long time to evolve or develop. :) And of course gorillas haven't developed it yet. Or goldfish. But then some might say hey, maybe they have but don't want to tell us about it.

YoursTrue

There were physicians that understood some things better than others not hundreds of thousands of years ago. Took time, is that right, for that sudden burst of development.

IndigoChild5559

After all those hundreds of thousands of years, hmm, that the scientific method is extremely new you say. My oh my, it's kind of like evolution isn't it--took a long time to evolve or develop. :) And of course gorillas haven't developed it yet. Or goldfish. But then some might say hey, maybe they have but don't want to tell us about it.
I'm not sure what your problem is. 100,000 years ago, no human had any idea that stars were great balls of gas undergoing nuclear reaction. Today we do.

IndigoChild5559

There were physicians that understood some things better than others not hundreds of thousands of years ago. Took time, is that right, for that sudden burst of development.
Oh puhleeze. Physicians before scientific method had all sorts of crazy ideas about disease, like they were caused by bad gas or humors being out of balance. We are LUCKY today to have Modern Medicine.

Audie

Veteran Member

I dont

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
So humans alone evolved to have their consciousness push them for the most part to put some protective covering on. (build computers -- write music -- etc.) And you say that's not part of evolution. OK. Accordingly seems that the development of the brain and consciousness involves evolution. Maybe I'm wrong and you're right, that humans do not have evolved brains that enable and prompt them to invent reading, writing and arithmetic. Right?
This ia a rather bizarre contorted view of evolution without any knowledge of science. The simple answer if No.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

I'm not sure what your problem is. 100,000 years ago, no human had any idea that stars were great balls of gas undergoing nuclear reaction. Today we do.
Ok not to insult you but after that comment I am going to skip over your posts. Bye.