• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moses asks science

jes-us

Even more ignorance. Every single prediction of General Relativity that has ever been tested has proved to be correct. Most recently the prediction of gravitational waves.
I am not ignorant . I am sorry but scientists of today spend their time trying to make theories and experiments fit past theory and experiment , This doesn't necessary make it good science .

It was alleged that Ligo detected a wave so all the scientists at Ligo said it was a gravitational wave . However that is just the semantics they used , it might not have been a gravitational wave .

It could of been the earths magnetic field fluctuating they detected .

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
You do realise that equation is falsifiable ? The reason being m1 and m2 isn't a direct measure and neither is r^2

All the measures are estimations which makes the equation pretty useless .
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Is there any science at all that you have any knowledge of?

The formula has been repeatedly tested and shown to be very, very accurate. The only exceptions are the more extreme cases where we need General Relativity.

It's perfectly good enough to be used to accurately send endless space probes around the solar system (including send people to the moon) and describe the motions of the planets (except for small differences for Mercury, explained by GR).

jes-us

Why do you have such a problem with mass?

Relativity is considered the most important idea in physics and has never been falsified in classical physics

Anyway i means space time
I have no problem with mass , it is a measure .

I have falsified relativity but that isn't what this thread is about .

I want to know why the moon does not affect the clouds when clouds have little inertia and can be large bodies .

jes-us

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Is there any science at all that you have any knowledge of?

The formula has been repeatedly tested and shown to be very, very accurate. The only exceptions are the more extreme cases where we need General Relativity.

It's perfectly good enough to be used to accurately send endless space probes around the solar system (including send people to the moon) and describe the motions of the planets (except for small differences for Mercury, explained by GR).
I have already falsified the provided equation with the explanation . That equation can't be used for space flight it has no meaning or real answer .

I think you are just parroting I am afraid .

How can that be used for anything you just said ?

The result has no meaning

ratiocinator

I am not ignorant . I am sorry but scientists of today spend their time trying to make theories and experiments fit past theory and experiment , This doesn't necessary make it good science .
Utter nonsense. You don't make a name for yourself in science by just agreeing with everybody else. You make a name by disproving something, demonstrating something new, or accurately confirming something in a new way.

It could of been the earths magnetic field fluctuating they detected .
lol.gif

How exactly? If you could demonstrate that you'd get yet another Nobel to add to all the ones you'd already have if you could provide any evidence for any of your other absurd and ignorant claims you've already made.

ratiocinator

That equation can't be used for space flight it has no meaning or real answer .
Better alert NASA. How do you think we even get satellites into specific orbits? They don't power themselves round the earth, you have to give it the right trajectory so the law of gravitation takes over.

jes-us

Utter nonsense. You don't make a name for yourself in science by just agreeing with everybody else. You make a name by disproving something, demonstrating something new, or accurately confirming something in a new way.

lol.gif

How exactly? If you could demonstrate that you'd get yet another Nobel to add to all the ones you'd already have if you could provide any evidence for any of your other absurd and ignorant claims you've already made.
I have provided countless proofs of other things .

In plasma physics we use magnetic bottling in attempt to bottle light .

We have had some success although limited .

Ligo uses a laser , a laser is a beam of light .

This laser travels through the Earths magnetic field , if the Earths field fluctuates , this may interfere with the laser .

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Because my rubber ducky in a beach side pool doesn't move when the tide is coming in or going out . Because specs of dust sitting on the pier don't move when the tide is coming in or going out . Because dry grains of sand on the beach don't move when the tide is coming in or going out . Are we to believe the moon can move an absolute huge mass of water but doesn't affect the mass of what I mentioned ?
argument from personal incredulity
Care to try again?

jes-us

Better alert NASA. How do you think we even get satellites into specific orbits? They don't power themselves round the earth, you have to give it the right trajectory so the law of gravitation takes over.
But the equations answer wouldn't give you trajectory or anything useful to do with space flight . Please provide an example of the equations use .

1kg*1kg/1r^2=1 doesn't it ?

It doesn't tell us anything

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Because my rubber ducky in a beach side pool doesn't move when the tide is coming in or going out . Because specs of dust sitting on the pier don't move when the tide is coming in or going out . Because dry grains of sand on the beach don't move when the tide is coming in or going out . Are we to believe the moon can move an absolute huge mass of water but doesn't affect the mass of what I mentioned ?
it does. You just don't perceive it.

It's called Earth tide.

jes-us

Weather is affected as well.
I'm at the beach and there is little wind , the tide is coming in , why aren't the clouds moving ? The clouds have less mass than ocean so should take less force to move .

The clouds should follow the moon always but they don't .

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm at the beach and there is little wind , the tide is coming in , why aren't the clouds moving ? The clouds have less mass than ocean so should take less force to move .

The clouds should follow the moon always but they don't .
The moon has a subtle affect. It's not a major gravitational force compared to the earths.

jes-us

The moon has a subtle affect. It's not a major gravitational force compared to the earths.
Odd the clouds aren't affected like the oceans when they have less mass but I think I know why now thanks .

Final question on this , why doesn't the water spin off the earth if the earth is spinning at ~1000mph ?

Water has a low inertia , if we spun a wet tennis ball we can see the water flirt off .