• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moses asks science

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Everyone who knows something about science
knows that all theories are falsifiable.

When something isn't falsifiable, eg, a claim that
God has 5 fingers per hand, this means that it
can't be tested for verification or being disproven.
Such claims can't be proven correct...nor even
proven wrong.

Moreover, being wrong isn't even a problem
if a theory is still useful, ie, it makes accurate
predictions.
Gravity or the knowledge of it is useful. Because things fall to the ground. But -- (The Washington Post) "Scientists know gravity exists. They just don’t know how it works." https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...d9cfe6-9786-11e9-830a-21b9b36b64ad_story.html

jes-us

lakes are not global
Yes but by the answers given thus far , they are saying the moon only affects large areas of water rather than all water which is kind of odd .

We know that F=ma , it would take a lot of force to move the mass of the oceans in such a way . I can't get my head around why it wouldn't force less mass to move such as clouds , which are practically zero mass because of quantum buoyancy .

Daemon Sophic

I have no access to such a lake , I know from experience that my fishing float at night when there is no wind and a full moon , doesn't move position .
Yes but by the answers given thus far , they are saying the moon only affects large areas of water rather than all water which is kind of odd .

We know that F=ma , it would take a lot of force to move the mass of the oceans in such a way . I can't get my head around why it wouldn't force less mass to move such as clouds , which are practically zero mass because of quantum buoyancy .
The problem isn't that you lack a lake. It's that your fishing float is an ineffectual tool to make the measurement. All masses are under the influence of gravity, and all liquid masses experience a tidal shift due to the arrangement of our own moon and local star (i.e. Sol. A.k.a. - "the Sun").
Even a single drop of water on the side of your kitchen sink has a tide. But you'd need some dang fine instruments indeed to measure it. o_O
The oceans have tides measured in meters. The Great Lakes in the US/Canadian border have tides measured in a few centimeters. Even with good instrumentation it is a tough one to measure, given that local winds, waves, and different air pressures over varying portions of the lakes can have an equal or greater effect on the water level at any one given spot. Conditions have to optimal at multiple locations around the lakes to make a good set of measurements.

jes-us

I suppose. Very small. :) But effective.
Gravity (A) is simply the grounding process of charge in a -ve manner , this can be demonstrated by rubbing a balloon on your head hair and '''sticking'' it to the wall .

Gravity (B) is simply the opposite direction and affects light in a +ve manner , although sometimes ''false'' gravity B events can occur .

jes-us

The problem isn't that you lack a lake. It's that your fishing float is an ineffectual tool to make the measurement. All masses are under the influence of gravity, and all liquid masses experience a tidal shift due to the arrangement of our own moon and local star (i.e. Sol. A.k.a. - "the Sun").
Even a single drop of water on the side of your kitchen sink has a tide. But you'd need some dang fine instruments indeed to measure it. o_O
The oceans have tides measured in meters. The Great Lakes in the US/Canadian border have tides measured in a few centimeters. Even with good instrumentation it is a tough one to measure, given that local winds, waves, and different air pressures over varying portions of the lakes can have an equal or greater effect on the water level at any one given spot. Conditions have to optimal at multiple locations around the lakes to make a good set of measurements.
A fishing float moves with any current , it is has a very low inertia . A fishing float is affective to test for currents .

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Gravity (A) is simply the grounding process of charge in a -ve manner , this can be demonstrated by rubbing a balloon on your head hair and '''sticking'' it to the wall .

Gravity (B) is simply the opposite direction and affects light in a +ve manner , although sometimes ''false'' gravity B events can occur .
The effects of the force called gravity are there. Yet scientists still do not know what it is. https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...d9cfe6-9786-11e9-830a-21b9b36b64ad_story.html

Daemon Sophic

A fishing float moves with any current , it is has a very low inertia . A fishing float is affective to test for currents .
Currents go left or right, up or down within a body of water. A tide IS the body of water going up and down.
Tide is out - float is on top of the water.
Tide is in - float is on top of the water.

Nice. :rolleyes:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

No, the Moon affects lakes too. But you might have noticed that lakes are quite a bit smaller than the oceans. As a result the tides are going to be quite a bit smaller too. Lake Superior, which is a rather large lake is still much much smaller than the oceans. It has tides of about 5 cm or 3 inches:

A smaller lake will have even smaller tides. On an average lake the waves from wind will be larger than the tides.

jes-us

Currents go left or right, up or down within a body of water. A tide IS the body of water going up and down.
Tide is out - float is on top of the water.
Tide is in - float is on top of the water.

Nice. :rolleyes:
Yes like a person falls in and is washed out to sea , a float follows current too .

jes-us

No, the Moon affects lakes too. But you might have noticed that lakes are quite a bit smaller than the oceans. As a result the tides are going to be quite a bit smaller too. Lake Superior, which is a rather large lake is still much much smaller than the oceans. It has tides of about 5 cm or 3 inches:

A smaller lake will have even smaller tides. On an average lake the waves from wind will be larger than the tides.
Yes but in the dead of night fishing a lake , they can go ''superflat'' when there is no wind .

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I have no access to such a lake , I know from experience that my fishing float at night when there is no wind and a full moon , doesn't move position .
Fishing pole is not a scientific instrument. Further small lakes will show no effect. Can you tell me what the current theory tells about why tides happen?

jes-us

Fishing pole is not a scientific instrument. Further small lakes will show no effect. Can you tell me what the current theory tells about why tides happen?
Yes , the mass of the oceans is affected by the mass of the moon . The ocean bulging towards the moon and being gravitational dragged by the moon , that causes the oceans to shift in a tidal manner .
The mass of the moon and the oceans is the elementary charge of the body , the ''coupling'' between the bodies is simply because the space between the bodies (excluding within the atmosphere ) does not conserve elementary charge .
The reason the moon doesn't collide with the Earth and vice versus is because of the conservation of light of the bodies , which of cause is renewable by the suns energy .
The velocity of the moon and Earth is caused by the bodies conservation of light which allows gravity B to have affect .

jes-us

I added you a ''rough'' diagram
gb.jpg

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes , the mass of the oceans is affected by the mass of the moon . The ocean bulging towards the moon and being gravitational dragged by the moon , that causes the oceans to shift in a tidal manner .
The mass of the moon and the oceans is the elementary charge of the body , the ''coupling'' between the bodies is simply because the space between the bodies (excluding within the atmosphere ) does not conserve elementary charge .
The reason the moon doesn't collide with the Earth and vice versus is because of the conservation of light of the bodies , which of cause is renewable by the suns energy .
The velocity of the moon and Earth is caused by the bodies conservation of light which allows gravity B to have affect .
This is what you think the current theory says?
You are almost entirely wrong.
In case I am misunderstanding you, tell me this:-
The moon, the earth and the ocean are always there. Then why do tides happen only at certain times.
Why are you saying mass is a charge? electrical charge and mass are different properties.
Which current theory talks about conservation of light?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The present theory say the first part I wrote , that is wrote in my own words . The second part is new 'stuff' but factual .
forget the new stuff. Not interested. Explain why tides happen more clearly according to what is accepted today by science. More than just gravitational dragging. Everything everywhere is attracted by gravity. How does that explain tides specifically?

jes-us

forget the new stuff. Not interested. Explain why tides happen more clearly according to what is accepted today by science. More than just gravitational dragging. Everything everywhere is attracted by gravity. How does that explain tides specifically?
Do you mean this - ''The moon, the earth and the ocean are always there. Then why do tides happen only at certain times.''

The tides happen at certain times because as the moon orbits the Earth , the distance and ''blind side'' of the Earth starts to have affect . The moon ''lets go'' of the ocean as such when it has passed . Also the tidal affect takes time to arrive and go out because of distance .

For example if I cause a splash in the middle of a pond , it will take time for the waves to arrive at the bankside .

I'm not sure what else you want me to say .