• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I went to see Dark Shadows this past Saturday. I really liked it. I saw The Avengers a couple weeks ago. Hopefully the theaters won't be too crowded this weekend for Prometheus. Also...I hope the movie lives up to the hype.

I can't really say that I'm all that interested to see the new Spiderman (in the theater).

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Saw the Avengers. I enjoyed it for what it was.

I'm really looking forward to the Dark Knight Rises. There's about 1 movie per year that I feel truly excited about seeing, and in 2012, that's it.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Just saw...Battleship. I have to say...I actually enjoyed it. There were some campy scenes here and there but overall it was OK. I know it's based on the board game with a twist...but it is all about the NAVY...and with all that is going on.....one military group just wasn't enough. That part left me scratching my head.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Saw the Avengers. I enjoyed it for what it was.

Just saw it too, yesterday. And feel the same way about it.

Though i'd add that while i expected what i was going to get, i was still let down in some aspects.

I'm really looking forward to the Dark Knight Rises.

As soon as i saw some of the movie posters, Bane's pics, and found out who's playing him, i figured its going to be great, and can't wait to see it. I'm excited to see how they're going to portray him, in contrast to the awfully silly way he was portrayed in the older Batman movies.

In addition to the fact that this is the last installment, where the story concludes. With a lot to live up for. Its going to be really hard to match or supersede the last one, which makes this even more exciting.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Don't - DON'T - waste your hard earned money on "The Dictator."

It may have been the worst movie I've ever seen.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Just saw Men in Black 3. Pretty decent film. I'm not a big fan of the whole time travelling concept but it's still not a bad film. The avengers is better than it though :p

Jontehs

Premium Member
I'm not gonna ask for spoilers, but just your general impression, how does it measure up to some of Ridley Scott's classics? Did you like the visuals, storyline, and general atmosphere?
It's a good movie but don't expect to much connection to first Alien movie aside from it's about "Space Jockeys" race and the same universe.The visuals are very well done. And the storyline is good except a Hugh revelation about Space Jockeys" which is very disappointing in my subjective opinion.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
It's a good movie but don't expect to much connection to first Alien movie aside from it's about "Space Jockeys" race and the same universe.The visuals are very well done. And the storyline is good except a Hugh revelation about Space Jockeys" which is very disappointing in my subjective opinion.
I'm gonna take that under consideration. Thanks. When my wife gets back from France we are planning to check it out.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

My expectations for it are low. Hopefully that's a good thing and it turns out to be a really decent movie. I've talked to some people (scifi geek friends od mine) who seem to be really excited to go and see it. I can't to think that it might be their love for nostalgia kicking in...

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I watched "Children of Men" last weekend. Despite painting a depressing picture of humanity's decline, it was a pretty good story.