• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

waitasec

Veteran Member
saw chiprecked with the little man

then about a week later we saw tin tin, and guess who did too
jason lee...

i asked him, 'aren't you the singer of stillwater?'
just kiddin...

Sgloom

The Smurfs - I survived it. They did look kind of cuddly.
i was a big smurfs fan as a kid. i wanted to watch this one, but it doesnt look good to me, i wish they woudve just told a classic smurf story with just the smurfs, gargamel and azrael and left the live action humans out of it.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I saw 127 Hours a couple of days ago. It was a fascinating experience. I haven't been touched by a movie like i have been with this for quite sometime.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Saw the movie (Priest) the other night. It was good. I happen to have a huge TV and theater sound so it made the movie more enjoyable. It has the guy who starred in "Legion".....and to a degree it had a "legion" feel to it. The overall story needs to be developed more....such as a prequel and they certainly left it open to a sequel just as the movie "Legion" does. It's got lots of action but I felt it needed more.... (Priest) is on cable this month. Check it out.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Recently saw the moving (The Thing). It's actually a prequel to John Carpenter's (The Thing). It was really good for a horror/sci-fi flick. I personally loved the 1982(?) version better. Today's special effects are way better but the 1982 version just had more blood and gory details to it. The alien(s) in the 1982 version were just creepy....but the new one is good as a prequel setting the backdrop for the old one. The cool thing to me is..if you watch the new one and then the old one you don't get caught in a technology time warp. Since the new one is set around the same time the technology used in the movie remains consistent.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Maybe I'm the last person on earth who hasn't seen "The Tudors," but I've been watching it (all 38 episodes) and I'm completely hooked.

I had avoided it for a long time because I knew that much of it was not true to history, but I'm very pleasantly surprised. The acting is excellent and the costumes and photography and music are simply top notch.

It's got some "creative license" to it but sticks pretty closely to what we generally accept as historical accuracy. I like that the approach to the Reformation in Europe seems fair and even handed.

I just watched Anne Boleyn get beheaded. Have to say, she had it coming - but wow, what a brutal age that was!

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Did a movie day yesterday and watched the new X-men movie and Captain America. I saw the new X-Men on-demand. It was awesome. I wasn't sure how they were going to tie it all together but it worked. There were a couple of inconsistencies compared to the other movies (e.g. Wolverine appearance)...but all in all it worked and was very well done. The storyline "seemed" to be very very similar to the other movies. While it was good it didn't seem original.

Captain America, I believe is Disney, and we belong to the Disney Movie Club so we own both the blue-ray and the DVD. Of course I watched the blue-ray. If you own a HDTV get yourself a blue ray player. I bought mine last year from Walt-Mart by (Vizio). It has a network jack on the back so I connected it to my home network so I can watch my Netflix through it.

OK, back to the movie. It was another one that didn't disappoint. Good story with a lot of action in it. It's another Avengers/Iron Man tie-in so they certainly left it open for a sequel. I would say it's worth renting or Queuing in your Netflix (if you have DVD rental option).

The next movie I want to tackle is the new Harry Potter. Let me know if you've seen it and how you liked it....(NO Spoilers please).... :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy recently.
Hard to follow, but interesting....if you can stay awake thru it.
The rather retro style & score just made it look cheap to me.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Night Watch (2004) - Directed by Timur Bekmambetov - In Russian, subtitled in English.

Amazing visuals - I love this director. Story and plot were not outstanding, but engaging enough.

not nom

"Phase IV" -- hated the "story" (it doesn't get much cheaper than that), but had to admire the macro sequences, just whoa. that was as much genius as the story was idiotic and the actors sucked. (I don't blame them though, there is no way to credibly act in such a dumb ******* plot)

phase_iv%20(2).jpg

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
My husband and I went to see "Bernie" yesterday - the Jack Black/Shirley McLaine movie that's a true story about a guy who murders his elderly "companion" after years of frustration.

It was EXCELLENT!

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I'll be watching MIB 3 tomorrow (later today). So I'll post my thoughts on that later