• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
Just watched 'The Notebook'. Must say i was on the ropes, had to wipe the old eyes a fair few times :p

Also saw 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' not that long ago. Literally a must watch film. Very powerful stuff.

Alex

gnomon

"Delicatessen"

delicatessen03bdy8.jpg

Great movie.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Saw the David Fincher version of 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' last night.

Stands well enough on its own........but I think the Swedish version was better. Just my 2c, of course.

Also we watched Baraka again on NYD. Still awesome.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. Truly amazing movie

Very fun movie - we just saw it the other night too!

We've also recently seen Jarhead - I liked it. It wasn't a GREAT movie, but it was a good movie.

Also, Limitless was good too - not great, but good.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
My girlfriend picked Death Race 2, Repo Men, and Lovely Bones to watch. Death Race 2 was dumb, Repo Men was dumb, and Lovely Bones was sad and dumb. I watched Dear John and that floozy is a straight up *****.
And I watched all six Star Wars movies on Blu-Ray. 1 because I think it's pretty cool, two and three because it's been so long since I've watched them I didn't remember what happens during them (other than gaggy and poor acting), and 4, 5, and 6 because those movies even after probably hundreds of viewings are still awesome.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So what's the verdict?
The documentary is pretty light-hearted. These two guys try to grow an acre of corn to observe it from seed to harvest to processing to distribution, and also include facts apart from this centerpiece portion of the film.

Basically, the argument is that US federal government subsidies of corn (and other commodity crops), result in the vast overproduction of these products, and that they find their way into basically all processed foods and are part of the obesity epidemic.

I've already looked into this area a lot so for me, the documentary was kind of preaching to the choir, but I think it was a very above average documentary.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I decided to watch the old western movie, Once upon a time in the west. I'm not usually attracted to this kind of movies, for more than one reason. But this movie, despite the many things that i would normally consider silly, i found to be quite mesmerizing. Very few movies have provided me with such a powerful experience. Everything about the 'art' in the movie, so to speak, was simply brilliance.

Kathryn

Saw it today. good movie. I love both actors, and they are great together, especially in this setting.

I saw it in the cinema. what did you think about it?

I thought it was entertaining. I thought it was an excellent portrayal of the first gulf war. That is to say, it seemed to match up with the first hand accounts I heard "from the field" regarding the first gulf war.

I liked the style of the movie - the sort of tongue in cheek humor.

I also thought it was a good portrayal of the boredom that many troops endure on long deployments to that region.

What did you think about it from your perspective?

Kathryn

My girlfriend picked Death Race 2, Repo Men, and Lovely Bones to watch. Death Race 2 was dumb, Repo Men was dumb, and Lovely Bones was sad and dumb. I watched Dear John and that floozy is a straight up *****.
And I watched all six Star Wars movies on Blu-Ray. 1 because I think it's pretty cool, two and three because it's been so long since I've watched them I didn't remember what happens during them (other than gaggy and poor acting), and 4, 5, and 6 because those movies even after probably hundreds of viewings are still awesome.

I did not much care for the movie version of "the Lovely Bones."

The book, however, was EXCELLENT. Much deeper and much more poignant than the movie.