• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

cardero

Citizen Mod
Fist In The Pocket/ Criterion Collection a.k.a I Pugni in tasca
DVD/ B&W/ 108 Mins./ NR/ 1966
Director Marco Bellocchio rethinks the horror genre with unsettling results in his feature-film debut, widely considered one of the great achievements of Italian cinema. Vowing to fix it so that his only normal brother (Marino Mase) can get married without fear of being burdened, a death-obsessed epileptic (Lou Castel) sets out to rid his aberrant family of its faults -- and he starts by throwing his blind mother (Liliana Gerace) into a ravine.

Sin Syndicate/ Sin Magazine/ The Girl From S.I.N
DVD/ B&W/ 3hrs 10 Mins./ NR/ 196?
Another Something Weird triple feature DVD from the vaults of cinema obscurity. A lot of voice over work, stock music and bad acting all the way around does little to complement these black and white features. Stories range about the seedy 60’s and good girls getting mixed up with hoodlums and the sexual underworld. The Girl From S.I.N. is about a female James Bond whose code name shall not be mentioned. Good clean torture from the folks at Something Weird Video.

cardero

Citizen Mod
AUTO FOCUS
DVD/ Color/ 108 Mins./ R/ 2002
An absorbing glimpse into the colorful life and mysterious death of actor Bob Crane, best known as the star of the 1960s hit TV comedy "Hogan's Heroes." Capitalizing on his fame, Crane dove into the freewheeling spirit of the times with relish, having affairs with numerous women. He eventually teamed with video technician John Carpenter to document his exploits -- an association that may have led to his 1978 murder in an Arizona motel room.

nutshell

angellous_evangellous said:
I watched Flight 93 yesterday.

OOOhhhh...how was it? I haven't brought myself to watch any of hte 9/11 movies yet.

Actually, my wife and I bought tickets for United 93, then when we showed up to the theater there was a sign that said the copy of United 93 was scratched and our movie enjoyment would be affected. We went back to the box office and exchanged those tickets for Little Miss Sunshine, which was delightful.

cardero

Citizen Mod
WILD REBELS (MST3K Version)
DVD/ Color/ 90 Mins./ NR/ 1967
A former race car driver (Steve Alaimo) becomes a cop and agrees to infiltrate a motorcycle gang known as Satan's Angels. His mission is twofold: to prevent a threesome of bad-boy bikers from pulling off a bank robbery and to protect the citizens of South Florida.

A

angellous_evangellous

nutshell said:
OOOhhhh...how was it? I haven't brought myself to watch any of hte 9/11 movies yet.

Actually, my wife and I bought tickets for United 93, then when we showed up to the theater there was a sign that said the copy of United 93 was scratched and our movie enjoyment would be affected. We went back to the box office and exchanged those tickets for Little Miss Sunshine, which was delightful.

I don't want to comment on it. It is worth watching.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
angellous_evangellous said:
I don't want to comment on it. It is worth watching.
We watched it because my husband is an air traffic controller and heard that they used real controllers for many of the scenes. I have to pass on a small tidbit that I found interesting and don't think it will spoil the movie.....The man in charge of national air traffic (forget his official position name) was welcomed to his first day on the job by 9-11.

It's worth watching

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I finally managed to sit through V for Vendentta. It is certainly a "deep" movie and one whose message I find somewhat unsettling. That being said, I was pretty impressed. Is Hugo Weaving god? I don't think I have ever seen him play anything but a spectacular role.

What made me uncomfortable was that, on one level, it seemed to justify the terrorist attacks in recent years.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Women of the Prehistoric Planet (MST3K version)
DVD/ Color/ 90 Mins. NR/ 1966
Even though there was only one woman and the planet didn’t seem so prehistoric, it did offer an interesting twist on origins, evolution and religion. Subplot included Joel and the bots having to disarm a Issac Asimov bomb that Joel accidentally activated before pulling it into the Satellite Of Love.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Z CHANNEL: A MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION
DVD/ Color/ 120 Mins./ NR/ 2004

Founded in 1974 and based in Los Angeles, the Z Channel was the nation's first pay-cable station, preceding HBO or Showtime. At its pinnacle in the early 1980s, it served only 100,000 viewers, but nonetheless inspired and influenced the movie industry with its eclectic fare, securing a unique place in film history. IFC Films and director Xan Cassavetes celebrate the Z Channel and its founder, Jerry Harvey, with this captivating documentary.

I know I have listed this before but I just had to go back in the film to write down all the film titles that this documentary showcased so that i could look each one up for rental purposes. God, we could really use a Channel Z nowadays.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Primitive Love
DVD/ Color/ 70 Mins./ Rated WOW!!!/ 1964

A thinly veiled vehicle for actress Jayne Mansfield that reveals its true nature once she checks in to a hotel just to show an anthropologist a documentary movie of different countries and cultures on how they deal with love and marriage. It is a strange combination of genres. In one moment you are watching two bumbling bellhops trying to sneak peaks at Jayne Mansfield’s luscious form while she dresses and undresses and the next minute you are watching unrelated footage of tribal Africans preparing for a pagan wedding ceremony. Very bizarre but mostly educational. Jayne Mansfield makes an excellent incentive for furthering my cultural studies.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Mondo Balordo
DVD/ Color/ 82 Mins./ NR/ 1964
In "Mondo Balordo," Boris Karloff narrates the action of an international freak show which includes transvestites, 27-inch tall men singing, and Japanese bondage. Other topics include teaching Ecuador children how to chew cocoa leaves for energy, a woman who has five husbands, nudist camps, Jehovah Witness retreats, voyeurism, courting rituals of different countries, Italian women’s beauty contests,

cardero

Citizen Mod
Hercules Unchained (MST3K Version)
DVD/ Color/ 103 Mins./ NR/ 1992
In this film instead of Alan Steele, Steve Reeves (who is not only taller, more ripped but is also more handsome) accepts the role as the Greek God of strength. Hercules battles territorial giants, swarms of rebellious armies and manages to kill two tigers all the while trying to overcome the effects of the infamous Waters Of Forgetfulness, the seductions of the evil queen and her leagues of worshipping Nymphs. Ulysses (Hercules’ travel companion) carries this movie and is the real hero of the film. Loosely based mythology, detailed costumes, spectacular locations and beautiful women (where do they find these actresses?) abound in this “sword and sandal” fantasy film. A must see.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Church Ball

LDS-themed movie about basketball. It's quite hilarious if you understand LDS culture, but maybe it's just me.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Versus: Director's Cut
DVD/ Color/ 120 Mins./ UR/ 2000
What if George Romero’s Night Of The Living Dead met Quentin Taratino’s Resevoir Dogs and they went over Ang Lee’s house to make Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? Throw in a generous amount of blood (buckets just won’t cut it) and you have Ryuhei Kitamuri cross genre action flick Versus. The only thing Versus suffers for is timing and pacing but the Director’s Cut banking in close to two hours makes sure that you won’t want to miss a thing.

cardero

Citizen Mod
HARD CANDY
I must have searched all 30 pages to find out who mentioned this movie but couldn't identify the poster. Whoever it was thanks for the recommedation.

Kay

Towards the Sun
Recently I've seen:

Mission Impossible 3 - I enjoyed it.

Cars - I loved it.

Monster House - Didn't care for it.

DaVinci Code - I enjoyed it.