• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

nutshell

YmirGF said:
I finally managed to sit through V for Vendentta. It is certainly a "deep" movie and one whose message I find somewhat unsettling. That being said, I was pretty impressed. Is Hugo Weaving god? I don't think I have ever seen him play anything but a spectacular role.

What made me uncomfortable was that, on one level, it seemed to justify the terrorist attacks in recent years.

Yes. Hugo Weaving is God. :)

nutshell

Kat: Did you ever see any of those movies I suggested? You can be honest. Let me know if you hated them. :)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
nutshell said:
Kat: Did you ever see any of those movies I suggested? You can be honest. Let me know if you hated them. :)
I didn't see "Dead Ringer." They didn't have it at Blockbuster. They don't even carry it. I talked to my son (who's really into film in a big way), and he was kind of shocked that you'd recommended it. He said he owns it, and I can borrow it if I want. But he didn't think I'd like it. He said it was pretty "disturbing." I think he said it was about some weird obstetrician. Tell me more about it and I'll decide whether to see it or not.

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
I watched 'The Omen' remake last night. I liked it, but I'd have to watch the original again to really compare notes--it's been so long since I've seen it.

ayani

saw "Borat : Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kzakhstan" on Friday.

it was, indeed, niiice. and very touching at times, too. but mostly painfully funny and clever.

nutshell

Katzpur said:
I didn't see "Dead Ringer." They didn't have it at Blockbuster. They don't even carry it. I talked to my son (who's really into film in a big way), and he was kind of shocked that you'd recommended it. He said he owns it, and I can borrow it if I want. But he didn't think I'd like it. He said it was pretty "disturbing." I think he said it was about some weird obstetrician. Tell me more about it and I'll decide whether to see it or not.

Hmmm...disturbing is a good word for it, but I like disturbing films (must to my wife's displeasure - I often see them alone :(). Here is the trailer for "Dead Ringers."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094964/trailers-screenplay-E13706-10-2

It's about twin OB/GYN's who share EVERYTHING and what happens to them when they experience a split for the first time in their collective lives. Of couse, the split is over a woman. It's be David Cronenberg who I think is fabulous.

I can tell you more if you want.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
watched 13 ghosts with my fiance yesterday, it was her first time seeing it and it really freaked her out as it was daft o clock in the morning when we were watching it, also the dirty sanchez movie freaked us both out, hoodwinked is good too!

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Mike182 said:
i only saw V for Vendetta the other week, great film!

tis a really awsome film, i thought anything the w brothers did after the matrix films would suck in comparison but it really surprised me!

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
RevOxley_501 said:
x-men iii was good

iv'e still not seen that, i got saw 3 and see no evil last night so i'm going to watch them soonish i think, i really can't see the saw films going stale like old horror films do as more sequels get churned out, i think the saw films are clever that way!

cardero

Citizen Mod
GOZU (Cow's head)
DVD/ Color/ 130 Mins./ NR/ 2003
Minami (Hideki Sone) mistakenly kills a gangster associate of his named Brother. Almost as soon as the murder takes place, the body of the deceased man is gone, prompting Minami to conduct a search. While looking, he finds a mysterious isolated hotel where he decides to take a rest. Not only are the front desk clerks a bit strange, but even the ambiance feels unusual. Minami soon realizes he may have gotten more than he bargained for. …

BRILLIANT!! Takashi Miike does it again. It seems he is channeling David Lynch in this feature that goes absolutely nowhere but takes you everywhere you don’t want to go.

nutshell

Katzpur said:

It is disturbing more on a psychological level than anything else. It's about twin OB/GYN brothers who share EVERYTHING...including women. Eventually, they begin a painful split because of a woman and it takes them down a painful and terrible path because they've never acted independently before.

Honestly, I feel like I'm not explaining it very well. Let me know if you have any questions.

For what it's worth, it stars Jeremy Irons. Don't know if you like him or not.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
nutshell said:
It is disturbing more on a psychological level than anything else. It's about twin OB/GYN brothers who share EVERYTHING...including women. Eventually, they begin a painful split because of a woman and it takes them down a painful and terrible path because they've never acted independently before.

Honestly, I feel like I'm not explaining it very well. Let me know if you have any questions.

For what it's worth, it stars Jeremy Irons. Don't know if you like him or not.
Actually, it sounds pretty much like something I'd like. I'll ask my son to bring it with him when he comes to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

nutshell

Katzpur said:
Actually, it sounds pretty much like something I'd like. I'll ask my son to bring it with him when he comes to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

Okey dokey...but don't say we didn't warn you! :D

cardero

Citizen Mod
Ken Burns JAZZ Vol. 1
DVD/ Color-B&W/ 114 Mins./ NR/ 2001
The beginning of Ragtime, Minstrel shows Sidney Bishet and the early childhood of Louis Armstrong are presented in this documentary of the most expressive free spirited music ever planted in America.

cardero

Citizen Mod
MR. VAMPIRE
DVD/ Color/ 96 Mins./ NR/ 1985

Very original film concerning a Daoist/Taoist priest "One-Eyebrow Priest", (Lam Ching-Ying) and his involvement with (what begins as) a murder mystery. We follow this character and his assistants as they go up against supernatural forces, including ghosts and vampires.
Great clash of genres. Comedy mixed with romance, mixed with horror, mixed with martial arts. Light movie great fun. Make sure you watch it with the English subtitles, don’t watch it dubbed.