• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

jewscout

Religious Zionist
beckysoup61 said:
Just saw Serenity.

The acted was a bit iffy, but I liked the storyline, my husband and I are looking into renting the Firefly TV series.

Serenity was probably one of the best scifi movies i've seen in a while.

Bishka

Veteran Member
jewscout said:
Serenity was probably one of the best scifi movies i've seen in a while.

Defintley agree on that....I loved some of the lines, and thought the story was REALLY neat, but I was tired and not paying too much attention, maybe I need to watch it again.

nutshell

We just watched "Willard."

I LOVE Crispin Glover.

My wife wants to watch V for Vendetta again. My avatar agrees.

Ulver

Just saw "Das Parfum" (German version of "Perfume: The Story of a Murderer").

Wow...... all I can say is wow. I've seen few movies so beautiful and disturbing all together like this one.

ayani

nutshell said:
We just watched "Willard."

I LOVE Crispin Glover.

as do i. "Willard" is one of the coolest movies i've yet seen. definately on my top ten list.

there's alot to be said for good, dark movies with lots of atmosphere and minimal leaning on computer effects.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
The truth? The last movie I saw was Barbie's The 12 Dancing Princesses.

My daughter turned five last week and that was one of her birthday presents. She loves it. I'm just so happy that we're out of the "Bob the Builder" and "Barney" phases. They worked my nerves a little bit.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Z CHANNEL: A MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION
DVD/ Color/ 120 Mins./ NR/ 2004
Founded in 1974 and based in Los Angeles, the Z Channel was the nation's first pay-cable station, preceding HBO or Showtime. At its pinnacle in the early 1980s, it served only 100,000 viewers, but nonetheless inspired and influenced the movie industry with its eclectic fare, securing a unique place in film history. IFC Films and director Xan Cassavetes celebrate the Z Channel and its founder, Jerry Harvey, with this captivating documentary.

Finally a profile of someone with a passion for diverse films. I was enthralled with this documentary and only wished that I had access to this channel when I was younger. Jerry Harvey was not only knowledgeable of film, he trusted his audience with what he knew he enjoyed and did not pander to the common Hollywood denominator.

NIGHT OF THE BLOODY APES
DVD/ Color/ 76 Mins./ NR/ 1967
A doctor transplants the brain of an ape into his dying son who transforms into a rampaging ape bent on blood and violence. The violence is pretty graphic for 1967 and it includes women’s wrestling and a love story.

cardero

Citizen Mod
jewscout said:
the last 2 movies i've seen were really good...

first an Israeli film called "Ushpizin", it one a bunch of awards and took Israel by storm back in 2004. I highly recommend that one!

I am currently watching the commentary to The Notorious Betty Page and they just played the trailer to Ushpizin. Looks good.

cardero

Citizen Mod
The Mysterions
DVD/ Color/ 93 Mins./ NR/ 19??
Aliens from outer space flee from their nuclear destroyed planet and land on earth. They claim to come in peace but begin making requests for earth land and earth women to repair their race. Japan is useless to stop them and their technology and give in to their demands while biding time to plan their defense. More of a sci-fi movie than a Japanese kaiju (a giant robot is only seen for awhile and is used ineffectively) but an enjoyable, entertaining film.

Swamp Diamonds (MST3K version)
DVD/ Color/ 93 mins./ NR/ 1955
Beverly Garland
Touch Conners (makes you wonder what other screen names he was considering)
Directed by Roger Corman (so you know its going to hurt)
A woman police officer infiltrates an all women prison to befriend the three girlfriends of jewel robbers and stages an escape with them into the heart of a Louisiana Bayou so that they can recover the hidden diamonds their jailed boyfriends stole. Touch Conners is a business man who is taken hostage by these four women and is at the mercy of their greed and lust (in other words, my kind of film).

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Not sure if this has been posted yet.....but, we saw The Departed the other night. It was a GREAT movie. Leonardo DiCaprio deserves an Oscar nomination. I highly recommend the flick for your viewing pleasure although be warned that it is quite violent.

nutshell

We just watched "Somethings Gotta Give." I wasn't expecing much, but it turned out to be really fun.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I saw The Prestige. I was surprised to find it a horror movie, and quite an effective one at that (that being without unbelievable blood, guts and gore). Good movie.

ayani

say "Muhammad- The Last Prophet" last night. it's an animated film about the early years of Islam. good movie- reminded me a little of "The Prince of Egypt".

muhammad-movie-300.jpg

cardero

Citizen Mod
The Mighty Gorga/ One Million AC/DC
DVD/ Color/ 148 Mins./ UR/ 1969
Another dreadful double feature from Something Weird Video (I would give my right arm to be employed there). The Mighty Gorga is an insipid twist on the King Kong mythos. Hokey gorilla suit with forced perspective camera angles to give a large appearance. Bad acting, pretty women and cheap budgets.
One Million AC/DC is a inexpensive caveman romp with gorillas?!?!?, stock footage of lava and swamps, plastic dinosaur figures (they didn’t even care to disguise the fact) tongue and cheek humor. Insufferable but short, cheap and uninteresting.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Teenage Strangler (MST3K version)
DVD/ Color/ 93 Mins./ NR/ 1991
I was first treated to an old school film entitled “Is This Love” and then the main feature Teenage Strangler, about an ordinary rural town that automatically experienced mysterious murders who were not all teenagers and who weren’t even killed by a teenager. Made in 1961, I experienced plenty of black leather jackets, fast talking cops, nerdy brothers and drag racing!! Another terrible movie made better by Mike and the “bots”. Special features included extra outtakes from the Satellite of Love segments.

cardero

Citizen Mod
The Giant Spider Invasion (MST3K version)
DVD/ Color/ 93 Mins./ NR/ 1975
Well the spiders weren’t all that large and the giant spider at the end was shot from the thorax down to eliminate the fact that it was a costume propelled by a car during the times it chased people. Both Alan and Beverly Hale were in this movie and the first time you see the Skipper of The Minnow he comes out with his famous line “What’s up Little Buddy.” Slow going but enough material for Mike and the bots to rip on.

Ulver

Just watched (for perhaps the 4th time for me) one of the greatest movies of all time with some of my friends.

A Clockwork Orange

cardero

Citizen Mod
Ulver said:
Just watched (for perhaps the 4th time for me) one of the greatest movies of all time with some of my friends.

A Clockwork Orange
I'm about due for another reviewing of this film.

M

Majikthise

Last night I introduced my kids to Buckaroo Banzai, they loved it!:D