• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

cardero

Citizen Mod
Clerks 2 (cast commentary)
DVD/Color/97 Mins./ R/ 2006
Didn’t hear one drop of the original soundtrack (which is good because I have to watch the movie with mrscardero within the next two days) but most of Kevin Smith’s commentaries and actors usually bring a lot to the table and this disc has three of them. The first commentary is a technical commentary for anyone interested in how the film was made. The second is a cast commentary (minus Rosario Dawson). Overall Clerks 2 was a good homecoming movie after the disastrous Jersy Girl.

Favorite parts were the dance sequence and Randall’s ramblings on The Lord Of the Rings movies.

Randal Graves: All right look, there's only one return, okay, and it ain't "of the King," it's "of the Jedi."
Those ******' hobbit movies were boring as hell. All it was, was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a ******* volcano.

cardero

Citizen Mod
The Beat Goes On-The Sonny And Cher Story
DVD/ Color/ 87 Mins./ NR/ 1999
Based on Sonny Bono's tell-all autobiography, this made-for-television film chronicles the improbable marriage and musical partnership of the famous crooning couple, from their rise to success to their eventual divorce. Actress Renee Faia (as Cher) delivers a spot-on performance, perfectly capturing the appearance and mannerisms of the famous diva. A real slice of vintage pop culture.

cardero

Citizen Mod
The Benny Goodman Story
DVD/ Color/ 116 Mins./ G/ 1955
An incredibly low-key Steve Allen makes his big-screen debut in this film about the legendary "King of Swing." Allen faultlessly mimes the prerecorded clarinet licks of the real Benny Goodman. A treat for music fans, the movie is chock full of guest appearances by the likes of Gene Krupa, Lionel Hampton, Martha Tilton, Ziggy Elman and Sammy Davis Sr. (as the genius arranger Fletcher Henderson, who gave Goodman's band its distinct sound).

cardero

Citizen Mod
Growing Up Brady
DVD/ Color/ 88 Mins./ PG-13/ 2000
Barry Williams shows what it was like to grow up in front of America's eyes as Greg in the popular 1970s series "The Brady Bunch" in this made-for-TV movie based on Williams's memoirs. Adam Brody plays a young Williams who hooks up with co-star Maureen McCormick (Kaley Cuoco), lands a date with his on-screen mom, Florence Henderson (Rebeccah Bush), and deals with strife between the actors and creators.

Hope

Princesinha
I just saw the new James Bond movie tonight, and was pleasantly surprised. I actually liked Daniel Craig as Bond, though I didn't expect I would. Actually think he makes a better Bond than Pierce Brosnan. But then, I never was a huge fan of Brosnan.

I know a lot of people were disappointed about Craig replacing Brosnan. Has anyone else seen this movie, and what are others' opinions?

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Hope said:
I just saw the new James Bond movie tonight, and was pleasantly surprised. I actually liked Daniel Craig as Bond, though I didn't expect I would. Actually think he makes a better Bond than Pierce Brosnan. But then, I never was a huge fan of Brosnan.

I know a lot of people were disappointed about Craig replacing Brosnan. Has anyone else seen this movie, and what are others' opinions?

i havn't seen the movie yet but i was happy when they chose daniel craig, he's much more fitting for the part then say peirce brosnan (snores), he adds the darkness and mystery to bond thats needed!

Hope

Princesinha
darkpenguin said:
i havn't seen the movie yet but i was happy when they chose daniel craig, he's much more fitting for the part then say peirce brosnan (snores), he adds the darkness and mystery to bond thats needed!

Exactly. I also think he makes Bond a bit more vulnerable....definitely mysterious, but not so much that you can't relate to him. He makes Bond seem more "human" in a sense. Brosnan had a more over-the-top kind of sex appeal and confidence....Craig portrays a quiet confidence, along with a "simmering-just-beneath-the-surface" sex appeal, and in my opinion, that's far more attractive.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
The 9 lives of Fritz the Cat... wow.

Ummm I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone with morals though :p

McBell

Admiral Obvious
darkpenguin said:
happy feet is awsome religious undertones aside it's a great film! :)
Religous undertones?
A more accurate discription would be, "accurate betrayal of the religously fanatic."

Booko

Deviled Hen
ChrisP said:

Oh, rubbish! I've seen Fritz and had a romping good time, though that was...long ago.

What's needed is a sense of humor, more than a lack of morals, eh?

Booko

Deviled Hen
Luke Wolf said:
I just watched Apacolypto tonight.

Rumour has it the bloodiness got in the way of the story. What was your view of the film?

Has anyone seen "The Queen"? Fantastic movie, and great acting! I spent the first 5 minutes of the film trying to see Helen Mirrin in the character of Queen Elizabeth, and then the rest of the film she was...just Queen Elizabeth. Her performance was that good.

And they didn't get all maudlin over Diana's death either (thankfully!).

Ody

ChrisP said:

Live%20Freaky-775389.jpg

This movie is something you don't watch at family night, lets just put it that way... saw it last night.

Monday night. Sigh I forgot a word again. :eek:

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
Recent movies:

Rolling Kansas

History of Violence

V for Vendetta

Saving Private Ryan

Pearl Harbor

Today we saw The Nativity, beautifully done.

Two thumbs up on all the others too.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Booko said:
Oh, rubbish! I've seen Fritz and had a romping good time, though that was...long ago.

What's needed is a sense of humor, more than a lack of morals, eh?
Oh no doubt... no doubt at all...

My only question is... Why New Jersey? :D